Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Witcher 2.0

robcat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By robcat09

when is the update going to be released? I am holding off playing this amazing game until then.

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt
    The patch is supposed to be coming out the same time as the EE in September, I don't know whether to pick a copy up now for £19.99 and wait for the update or just wait until EE is released which will cost more (most likely) but not need patching. Normally this wouldn't bother me for most games but with the replay value due to user choices I wouldn't like to play the game, finish it a couple of ways, uninstall, install maybe months later and have to go patch it again. It's not like it'll be a small patch either I assume with the revised scripts and extra character models and all that.
    Fade2Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Fade2Gray

Sounds nice. Some of the dialogue in the game (especially for the detective character they showed very briefly at the end) wasn't all that great. That being said though, these changes don't sound like anything that would warrant a person not playing the game as is. The Mods could be enjoyed in later playthroughs. Trust me, there is enough to do in this game that you'll likely want to play it at least once more. In fact, it sounds like the mods are actually separate from the main game, meaning you could play those at any time.

Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Josef_Nastra

I am looking forward to this. And though i already own the game i think i'm gonna buy the Enhanced Edition just for the cool case! :)

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Its the 'enhanced edition' if you don't have the game already I believe? I think owners of the game get it as an update, or I heard that somewhere..but if you don't own this RPG yet..trust me its a must have, its a really great game...on Steam you can prepurchase it for a great price..really good deal and definitely worth the not even 40$ that it cost.

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

What a journey it was to download, but I'm two hours in. Wow, it was worth it for me, so far, so better and I'm going back in, this might be an all nighter. As for the retail version, other than the blood patch everything seems cool. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude
    This is where I am now.
    This is where I am now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.