Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

Anyone else really dislike pretty much every quote/story from the audio recorders you can find?

• 102 results
    Avatar image for nietzschecookie
    NietzscheCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rickrockmann: Thanks! I had not seen that yet. That is a good video.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@obbytheobserver: I'm not sure where we are misunderstanding each other, but just because something intends to be educational or is trying to enrich your philosophy thought doesn't mean that is succeeds at that. If I label something I say as 'here, this is educational information' doesn't mean that it actually is. For my taste The Witness was way too ridden with bad interpretations, pretentious and honestly almost condescending in the way it tells you its 'superior intellect' and all of it felt just out of place. It was like Jonathan Blow worked up his personal Tweets into the game in an elaborate way. I would've actually liked it if the game allowed me to 'unfollow' his opinions and interpretations on things in the game.

I can't give you any specific examples as it has been a long time since I played it and if I ever do play it again I turn off the audio. It's not hard to search Google for what I'm saying though. Plenty of articles out there that explain pretty clearly why that stuff is so out of place and bad. Also, to be clear I'm not suggesting you're wrong for thinking it's good. But suggesting people that don't appreciate it misrepresent it or don't understand its educational value is an inaccurate conclusion.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sinusoidal: The hidden logs were a neat twist because it added something to it, but it was nothing more than that. A neat twist.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Loading Video...

This fixes it.

MINOR PUZZLE SPOILER but not really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.