Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

How do you save?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed that Brad had a bunch of saves in the quicklook. So far I only have one and the only way I can get the game to save is by going to load a save, it saves first. There must be something I'm missing? I'm on ps4.

B34Nsprout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By B34Nsprout

Going to the menu does save the game but it overwrites your current save. The game will make a new save slot every 100 panels. If you want to keep a specific save you will have to make a copy in the PS4 settings or in roaming app data on PC.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh boy. I was under the impression it just autosaved after puzzles (maybe that still is the case?). I hope I don't get home to find my progress reverted back, that would be a real bummer. The last time I played, I just quit out. I don't think I went into the menu (since there isn't a quit option anyways).

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I THINK it autosaves after each puzzle panel.

When in doubt, press pause and load game, it definitely (and somewhat ironically?) autosaves then.

therealnelsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good question. I just got screwed after a 9 hour session yesterday, for some reason, the game knows nothing about it.
    Would be great to find out what happened. This shit makes me not want to touch it again. I appreciate the minimalism
    Mr. Blow, but I sure as fuck don't want this to happen.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It saved automatically for me yesterday as I finished a puzzle, walked a bit, and then this morning I was back at the place I walked to.

Losing saves in this game seems like the worst possible thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967fc912058b
    deactivated-5967fc912058b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to know how to see the save where it says how many puzzles you've solved on pc.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By BBAlpert

It definitely* autosaves because I've had it crash 2 or 3 times (on PC) and not lost more than a few minutes of progress.

*as far as I can tell, at least

@doenut said:

I'd like to know how to see the save where it says how many puzzles you've solved on pc.

In the menu, click on "Load game" and it will show you your save files and (what I'm assuming is) the number of puzzles you've completed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967fc912058b
    deactivated-5967fc912058b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: Thanks a bunch! weird thing is I'm positive load game was not an option till I tried it just now. I started a new game right before I saw your post, so maybe you have to have more than one game to load?

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@doenut said:

@bbalpert: Thanks a bunch! weird thing is I'm positive load game was not an option till I tried it just now. I started a new game right before I saw your post, so maybe you have to have more than one game to load?

Yes, after the end game.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So does anyone now hoe brad had so many saves? Did he just start the game over several times?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.