Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

Is it just me, or is the desert section kinda tediuos

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
    jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently started playing the Witness and currently working my way through the desert section. Nothing here is really all that difficult in terms of figuring out what you have to do, in fact when I first figured out what was going on here I thought it was quite clever, but in practice (my small-ish tv set up prob doesn't help) I'm finding the whole thing kind of tedious and not fun. Is this just me, or did anyone else have a similar experience? I really love Braid and all sorts of puzzle games so I really want to love this game, but, at least this particular section, seems less puzzly "oh shit I'm smart I solved this" and more, "oh I fidgeted around enough and made this thing kind of work".

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

It aint just you that desert section is hella tedius and doesn't even fell good to solve because, yeah, you just have to fidget with stuff to have the solution just given to you.

All of the puzzles in this game which just require you to do XYZ to have the solution just GIVEN to you don't feel like puzzle solving. Give me tetris block puzzles from the swamp area any day over that crap.

Though I will say some of the puzzles in the final stretch are amazing - especially when he layers mechanics. So yeah, stick with it. My favourite puzzle I've ever solved is in The Witness. I'm talking about that like 8-tile-wide puzzle in the final area where you have to solve all of tiles simultaneously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.