Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

Solved everything, now what? (SPOILERS)

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By yellownumber5

I got both endings, the sky elevator and hotel, have all lasers, beat the challenge, and completed all six obelisks. I suppose I was expecting more fanfare after completing the obelisks. Some of those were downright tricky. Does anyone know if completing the obelisks opens up anything? I'm fine with spoilers at this point, otherwise I am done with the game.

Anything else I could be missing? I haven't gotten all the audiologs, but I read the transcripts found in the data/strings folder.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Take a good look at the lake above the quarry.

deachem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@yellownumber5: General consensus is that there's no extra content unlocked via the obelisks: they just change in appearance to look inert, and the water streams representing each one on the lake map shoots up higher. That was a bummer for me, too: their ominous sound and appearance and the spectacle of the +1's led me to think the game was telegraphing some additional reward for solving them all.

Don't get me wrong! I'm happy that I did solve all the +1's, but I might've ignored them had I known beforehand that uncovering them was just an end unto itself.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now sit down and think about what you've done

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

@deachem: I get the feeling from the game that in solving the puzzle is the reward, with which the difficulty of some has been true for me. Now I can sit by dog by a pond by a house in a cathedral staring at a camera for two minutes.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@deachem@yellownumber5 That's basically what The Witness is; fun gameplay and an interesting world without much of a payoff outside of a sense of accomplishment. A good 3/5 game IMHO.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

you can go two ways with this, either feel like a smart guy or feel like an idiot.. :P

lhson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes, personal accomplishment, the worst of all possible rewards.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Watch the video with Brad, Jeff, and Blow, then try to figure out what the giant tree in the desert area and the flowers mean.

Then ponder your very own existence, your purpose in life, your meaning in the grand scheme of things, and why we humans are always looking for something more to life, whether it be in our own personal histories or in video games.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By oraknabo

Watch the Gangaji video again and "simply stop looking for what you want"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.