Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

The Sandcastle (No Spoilers, please)

JoshtheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Is there a place in this game that teaches you how to do the puzzles in the beach castle/temple/ruin area? I have looked everywhere I can think of and still have no idea what they want from me.

A yes or no will suffice, I just want to know if I need to look harder or think deeper.

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1111f1060
    deactivated-629f1111f1060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Do you mean the hexagonal puzzles? Then yes, there's a subtle hint in the desert area.

JoshtheValiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@penzilneck: Thanks, I'll start scouring the sand for clues.

mets343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything you need is there. Try some other angles

SatanClaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm pretty far into the game (359 +39 whatever that means, with no hints so far), but this place keeps giving me trouble. Anyone want to confirm that a puzzle isn't broken?

I'm looking at three screens up high (at slightly different angles) with hex-puzzles that open up shutters on a puzzle below. I can unlock the middle one, but then I am completely stuck. Now, I could have sworn that the screen just below all these was lit up when I first came here. But then I touched it and it shut down. I haven't been able to light it up again. Am I just not getting the puzzle or did something break?

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
    Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satanclaus said:

So I'm pretty far into the game (359 +39 whatever that means, with no hints so far), but this place keeps giving me trouble. Anyone want to confirm that a puzzle isn't broken?

I'm looking at three screens up high (at slightly different angles) with hex-puzzles that open up shutters on a puzzle below. I can unlock the middle one, but then I am completely stuck. Now, I could have sworn that the screen just below all these was lit up when I first came here. But then I touched it and it shut down. I haven't been able to light it up again. Am I just not getting the puzzle or did something break?

Not broken.

Powers up after you solve the three above it.

SatanClaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@satanclaus: I was struggling on this area for ages. Finally managed to finish it yesterday. It look me forever to figure out the logic, once I did I felt silly.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

It could be that you touched it and it shut down because you guessed an incorrect input; in many puzzle chains in the game (for example, Puzzle A unlocks Puzzle B, which unlocks Puzzle C, etc.), getting Puzzle B incorrect will force you to have to re-solve Puzzle A to light Puzzle B back up. I've seen a lot of people complain about this, but it's there to prevent you from brute-forcing puzzles by just continuously guessing until you get it right.

I'm not sure, but that might be what happened to you here. Try re-solving the puzzles above (the correct solution should still be there so just re-input it) and see if it lights up the one below again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.