Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

360 Can't download Wolf Among Us Ep 2. Help.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I have the season pass and it looks like I can't download episode 2 without getting charged for it. On the purchase screen it says "DO NOT purchase this content here as you will be charged again."

How am I suppose to download the episode then?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Tell tale are a bunch of shit developers with great story telling.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Yeah, that seems to unfortunately be a problem for everyone on 360. It sucks, but I guess we'll have to wait for a patch.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man WAU is the best thing they have done since episode 2 of The Walking Dead. Hopefully this is MS's fault and not yet another example of Telltale Games technical inability

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I accidentally purchased it not even thinking about it. I bought the season pass, buttoned through downloading season 2 and later realized I had been charged.

I called customer support and they paid me back though. So if you REALY want to play it and not wait for a patch, you can do that I guess.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

@golguin: Are you trying within The Wolf Among Us or the Xbox Live store? I am just asking because nobody has mentioned that. Whenever you download the season pass you must get the content within the game and not through the store as it does not recognize that you have the season pass downloaded.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@iigrayfoxii: It's within the game itself.

I remember this happened with Halo 4 too but that was fixed after a few hours. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon we've already been waiting nearly four months since episode one.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@papercut said:

I accidentally purchased it not even thinking about it. I bought the season pass, buttoned through downloading season 2 and later realized I had been charged.

I called customer support and they paid me back though. So if you REALY want to play it and not wait for a patch, you can do that I guess.

Ha, that's some crazy advice.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Sessh

@baillie said:

@papercut said:

Interestingly enough that's pretty much what Microsoft's costumer support is suggesting. (While of course playing the blame game with Telltale, who has yet to comment on the issues.)

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@baillie said:

@papercut said:

Interestingly enough that's pretty much what Microsoft's costumer support is suggesting. (While of course playing the blame game with Telltale, who has yet to comment on the issues.)

Actually I think they have responded to it now. At least in the forums. Still doesn't change the fact that they didn't even acknowledge the problem until two hours after MS support tweeted about it.

FYI: MS and Tell Tale are currently placing the blame on the other party. But there are some reports that a few PSN users are also having this issue and if thats true it probably means its a TT problem.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@golguin: @manhattan_project: @sessh: Yes they responded, you can read about it here. Apparently it is an issue on Microsoft's end according to them:

"We are aware of the issue on Xbox Live Marketplace affecting Season Pass owners of The Wolf Among Us where the user is still prompted to purchase Episode 2 even though they own the Season Pass," a Telltale representative said. There appears to be an issue on Xbox Live affecting multiple titles with DLC offerings and Microsoft is actively working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and are hopeful it will be resolved soon."

icanswim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I too ended up getting double charged through the game (thankfully support managed to credit my account pretty quickly). The odd thing was most purchases pop up a confirmation telling you where the funds are coming from (e.g. credit card, paypal, MSFT pts), but in this case that didn't happen.

Too bad the disclaimer in the description is pretty nondescript. I didn't notice it until after I had been charged.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen any update on when this is going to be fixed. Microsoft says to wait. Wait how long?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Well over 24 hours later, this is still not fixed. Kind of ridiculous.

DrxLecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

MS is saying maybe tomorrow. At this point I would totally recommend the buy+refund option. MS/TTG should have just made the ep free until this got sorted... They have really messed up the response to this.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still not working? glad i went the rout i did

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Xbox just sent me a message on Xbox live saying that I bought the season pass but didn't receive smoke and mirrors and gave me a code to redeem. So if there are people still waiting maybe check their messages.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@beefygrandmole said:

Xbox just sent me a message on Xbox live saying that I bought the season pass but didn't receive smoke and mirrors and gave me a code to redeem. So if there are people still waiting maybe check their messages.

Just got the same. My guess is this is a deeper issue within either Telltale or the Marketplace system and they're just handing out codes until they can get it all sorted.

I really hope this is not going to be a Telltale Feature going forward.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Got this as well. Really weird that they could fuck this up that badly.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no video game doctor, but there seems to be a lot of hush hush and jank revolving episode 2's release. From the long delay that was never explained, to segments from the episode 1 ending preview absent from this episode (and I don't me remade like they would do with Walking Dead, they're just gone), to the preview image for episode 3 in the chapter select being replaced with a new image of Bigby chasing a car.

It seems like the delay to the episode could have been for some sort of rewrite, and if that's the case maybe that's the reason the episodes release is going less then stellar? Like I said, not a doctor here, just trying to make some sense of all this.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

I'm no video game doctor, but there seems to be a lot of hush hush and jank revolving episode 2's release. From the long delay that was never explained, to segments from the episode 1 ending preview absent from this episode (and I don't me remade like they would do with Walking Dead, they're just gone), to the preview image for episode 3 in the chapter select being replaced with a new image of Bigby chasing a car.

It seems like the delay to the episode could have been for some sort of rewrite, and if that's the case maybe that's the reason the episodes release is going less then stellar? Like I said, not a doctor here, just trying to make some sense of all this.

I noticed those changes as well. I saved Prince Lawrence and in the preview he's asking about the rest of Faith's body. During the recap there is no mention of Prince Lawrence and instead I see a scene from Toad's place that shouldn't have happened because I didn't go there.

I believe the preview image for episode 3 of the Walking Dead Season 1 also changed (the train image) so I'm not that concerned about the removal of the police lady outside the Woodland Apartment gates, but it seems like a whole lot of stuff changed around.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I'm pretty sure episode 3 was always the train image.

In terms of everything I guess all we can do is wait and see. Unless Telltale flat out tells us what's up we are just guessing.

All I know is I'm increasingly getting less tolerable of telltales buggy track record. I love their games but I can't handle Wolf Among Us becoming the Battlefield 4 of adventure games.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By golguin

@papercut said:

@golguin: I'm pretty sure episode 3 was always the train image.

In terms of everything I guess all we can do is wait and see. Unless Telltale flat out tells us what's up we are just guessing.

All I know is I'm increasingly getting less tolerable of telltales buggy track record. I love their games but I can't handle Wolf Among Us becoming the Battlefield 4 of adventure games.

I remember that Duck wasn't on the train image preview and it was changed to include him. I remember thinking (Oh, we are going to run over zombies with the train now) when I saw it because it had been different before.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.