Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

Episode 1: Faith Discussion Thread *FULL SPOILERS*

• 149 results
    StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By StrawHat_NPC

I really enjoyed this episode, I really like the characters and thought the fight scenes were really great compared to most of the action scenes from the walking dead.

So my choices were

• Gave Faith money
    • Lied to beast about Beauty
    • Went to Toads first
    • Didn't prevent Lawrence's death
    • Bluebeard is my prime suspect
    • Arrested the Woodsman

I'd really like to play through again to see what happens if I go to Lawrence's place first and what difference the arrest made at the end will have in the next episode.

And man I really didn't see that ending coming. I was actually shocked when I realised who's head was left on the steps. I'm really looking forward to episode two.

So what did you guys think?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Darji

I finished this episode and it was really really good. I even liked it more than Walking Dead. But someow I totally missed who this bluebeard guy is. I never saw him at least I think so.

As for choices:

• Gave Faith money
    • Went to Toads first
    • Didn't prevent Lawrence's death/killen himself
    • Tweedles is my prime suspect
    • Arrested the Tweedle Dee

An man this ending. Did kind of knew who it was when I saw the police but damn..... I don't want to wait...

Cashewual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really diggin' it so far, might even pick up the book. Was it just me that tore of that trolls arm?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gaminghooligan

Man what a great episode. This series looks to be promising.

• Gave Faith the money.
    • Lied to Beast about Beauty.
    • Went to Toads first.
    • Didn't prevent Lawrence's death.
    • Stayed silent on prime suspect.
    • Arrested Tweedle Dee.

The part where you go to Icabod's office and you can check out all the relics around the room was so cool. Also the second time Bigby wakes the Mirror had me laughing for a good minute. The neon style of the art is really striking and makes the game feel like a Nicolas Winding Refn movie, especially the scene in Lawrence's apartment where the only light I had was the television.

I think this has the potential to surpass the Walking Dead for me, since I've never been a huge zombie fan. Also I think the detective-esque moments of this game feel a little more natural than L.A. Noire which I really loved.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By planetfunksquad

The guy who said it looks like a Refn film was spot on, thats exactly how I described it too a friend after playing.

• Gave her the money.
    • Kept out of it.
    • Went to see Toad first.
    • Lawrence died.
    • Woody was my suspect.
    • Arrested Tweedle.

Also, tore Grendels arm off, because fuck that guy.

I really like it so far. It's a little slow in places, but I'm definatly in for the rest. And that ending was great. I knew as soon as I saw the police cars, but before that I wouldn't have guessed it as an ending. Good shit.

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the first chapter but now I'm left trying to figure out how, if this is supposed to be a prequel to the comics, Snow can be killed off.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

• Gave Faith money
    • Lied to Beast about Beauty (Should have just repeated that I was staying out of it)
    • Went to Toad's first
    • Didn't have a prime suspect
    • Arrested the Woodsman

It was fun; looking forward to the next episode.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shinjin977

Amazing stuff telltales have really nailed it. I have only recently finish TWD so I maybe in super hype mode but wow that was amazing. I am now interested in getting into the comic this was base on but I have heard that this is suppose to be a prequel? Would I get spoiled if I were to pick it up?

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    • Gave her the money.
    • Lied to Beast
    • Lawrence committed suicide
    • Suspecting Faith's pimp (at least until reaching the end)
    • Arrested that tweedle fella

Really loved it. Got so amazed with the small details they put into the game and how the graphical style is distinct for Fables, while being very much recognizable as Telltale's brand. Especially like when you chased Tweedle to two doors and the obvious would have been to go through the open door, had it not been for the room number on the closed door waving slowly as if it had just been slammed shut. Also glad they ditched the most of the button mashing QTE's in favor of the aim and trigger actions. Felt a lot tighter and more intense.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That pig is an asshole

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing stuff telltales have really nailed it. I have only recently finish TWD so I maybe in super hype mode but wow that was amazing. I am now interested in getting into the comic this was base on but I have heard that this is suppose to be a prequel? Would I get spoiled if I were to pick it up?

They say it is set 20 years before the comic so who knows^^

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was really, really cool. I love when a new Telltale series is underway, but damn, the waiting is rough.

I feel like the choices are even better realized than in TWD. In that, as affecting as it was, it never felt like you were truly making a huge dent in the overarching story. I'm sure this one is no different, because that would be crazy ambitious, but it *feels* like I'm having a big impact, and that's what matters. Of course, that illusion could all fall apart come episode 2, but even so, I'm loving the story.

I noticed that one of the character entries is still locked, though. I wonder who I missed? Like TWD, I don't want to replay it until the end of the series, but I'm extremely curious. I have an idea based on the stats screen, but I can't imagine where I would have found him.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#15 chaser324  Moderator
    • Gave Faith the money.
    • Lied to Beast.
    • Lawrence died.
    • Suspected the pimp.
    • Arrested Tweedle.

A great start to another potentially great series. I love the noir style (all the pink and those sweet bass lines), and they made some slight tweaks to TWD's aesthetic that really help to distinguish this series from that one.

Overall, the writing and the characters were good (a bit bummed Snow won't be around though), but I couldn't help but be bothered by how they kept referencing Bluebeard like he was a person that I should know. As someone with nearly zero exposure to Fables, it wasn't until after I completed the chapter that I read his character info and realized he probably is the most likely suspect and will probably be a major character in upcoming episodes.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShadyPingu
    • Gave Faith the money
    • Lied to Beast
    • Went to see Lawrence first (he died)
    • Suspected the pimp
    • Arrested Dee

Really liking this one so far, and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next episode. The look of it, especially at night, is just fantastic.

Also, I tore that dude's fucking arm off! It was pretty awesome, for a half-second, then I instantly felt like shit. I feel like that is somehow a point hugely in the game's favor that I felt as bad as Bigby probably did.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#17 riostarwind  Moderator

Unlike TWD I kinda want to replay this episode again to see how it effects the story.

• Did not give Faith the money.
    • Lied to Beast.
    • Went to see Lawrence first.
    • Lawrence lived.
    • ... is my suspect
    • Arrested Tweedle.

They certainly managed to make a really good first episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game was f*cking fantastic and I have high hopes for the following episodes. It's great to see what can be done with the engine used in the walking dead after a year: Better graphics, smoother animations and an improved interface. Here's hoping the following episodes don't take ages to come out. *Fingers crossed*

As for my choices:

• Gave money to Faith (Poor girl...)
    • Lied to Beast
    • Went to Toads first
    • Lawrence died
    • The woodsman is my prime suspect (Though I don't think it was him)
    • Arrested Tweedle Dee (Little slime ball is up to something...)

I went back and re-played the final sequence to see what changes in the preview, but I'm sticking with my first choice. I really want to see what goes down if you go to Laurence first, but again; Sticking with my choices. I wanted to pick Blue Beard for my prime suspect, but I made a snap decision that there has to be something more going on in this world... in a world this strange and beautiful there's bound to be deep and dirty secrets.

So... anyone read the comics this is based on? Any relation to a specific story arc or anything? Or is this all it's own thing so far? ...really tempted to grab some of the books (If that's possible) and just absorb them. Guess that's the sign of a good / interesting story huh?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I thought it was awesome. It looks great, the music and tone is awesome, and the writing was perfect.

• Gave Faith money
    • Went to Toads first
    • Dee is my prime suspect (I panicked)
    • Arrested Dee
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chaser324  Moderator

@therealmoot: Yeah, after playing this episode I went straight to Amazon and bought the first trade paperback of Fables. I'm not going to be able to handle the wait for the next episode without seeing more of this world.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encephalon: Man I know, he just lays over in the corner crying, it was like a window for me into how Bigby must feel about his past.

@therealmoot: Yeah, after playing this episode I went straight to Amazon and bought the first trade paperback of Fables. I'm not going to be able to handle the wait for the next episode without seeing more of this world.

same haha! I hope it's good.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By newmoneytrash

@gaminghooligan@chaser324:

Fables is so good, you guys. I'm excited for you. Telltale did an amazing job of recreating some stuff from the comic book. The characters and Snow White's office in particular. I know it's only one episode in, but I love this a lot more than The Walking Dead.

My decisions were;

• Gave Faith money
    • Told Beast I wasn't getting involved in his nonsense
    • Went to Toad's first
    • Lawrence R.I.P never forget
    • Chose not to suspect anyone. Bigby is a dope detective and it seemed irresponsible to choose from any of the suspects, yo
    • Arrested the Woodsman

Telltale are well on their way to perfecting their mechanics. The fights in this episode were a lot of fun, and more fun that I had in combat situations throughout all of The Walking Dead.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really dug this first episode. Love the art style. Also totally didn't expect that ending. Poor Snow White. :-(

The thing I'm really enjoying though is there is no emotional anchor weighing me down, like Clementine. I feel much more freedom to be the bad guy, without having to feel guilty about it. Especially since it's almost expected of me. If this was Walking Dead I wouldn't have hit Toad or ripped Grendel's arm off...but guess what? I totally did. They want a Big Bad Wolf? I'll give it to them. And enjoy it. ^_^

• Gave Faith money (Figured I'd help her out. Didn't expect her to kick the bucket so soon. Expected her to be a major player).
    • Lied to beast about Beauty (I imagined Beast would be a nut case so I lied for her. Turns out I was wrong, based on first impressions anyways).
    • Went to Toads first (Lawrence looked dead and Toad needed the help now. Was an easy choice).
    • Didn't prevent Lawrence's death (I'm guessing you can do this if you come here first? Otherwise I didn't see a way to do it).
    • Pimp is my prime suspect (other choices don't really add up. He seems like the obvious choice for now).
    • Arrested Tweedle Dee (Woodsman gave me what I wanted. He didn't kill her. Plus payback for jumping me in the alley).
    xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By xymox

Gave Faith money (Felt like the right thing to do.)

Lied to beast about Beauty (I promised Beauty.)

Went to Toads first (Big L looked dead already.)

Didn't prevent Lawrence's death (Huge bummer you didn't have any option to show him the letter...)

I have no prime suspect (The woodsman didn't do it, that part's clear enough. I also don't think Dee/Dum are macabre-artistic enough to put a head on a flight of steps... and the others haven't been mentioned enough. So yeah, no suspect so far.)

Arrested Tweedle Dee (...For knocking me out, not as a suspect in the case. Highly doubt the game will make a difference about why, though, which is a bummer. I feel me and the Woodsman are alright at this point. He wanna run, I ain't gonna stop him.)

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

I noticed that one of the character entries is still locked, though. I wonder who I missed? Like TWD, I don't want to replay it until the end of the series, but I'm extremely curious. I have an idea based on the stats screen, but I can't imagine where I would have found him.

If you really wanna know, it's gotten by whether you choose to rip Grendels arm off or not. If you do it, you get one entry, if you don't you get the other. Just go back and play the last scene again and do whatever you didn't do the first time around.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gike987

I really liked and I usually don't like adventure games or linear story games, I guess it's because I found the world interesting. I took a chance buying it as I really didn't like The Walking Dead, dropped that game after having forced my way through the first episode, but I have never liked generic zombie stories so I should have expected that.

• Gave Faith the money.
    • Tried to stay out of it.
    • Went to lawrence.
    • Lawrence is not dead.
    • Didn't have a prime suspect.
    • Arrested Dee.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really curious about how this game is recieved by people who read/don't read Fables.

Isn't it a prequel?

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gike987

@jazgalaxy: I heard it was a prequel that's why I won't read it until I have finished this game.

Anyway here is my theory for what I think of the ending.

I suspect Snow is not truly dead. The common trope in stories like this is that myths can only truly die when they are mostly forgotten. She will probably return in a later episode. I guess they could have killed her off for shock value, but I find it pretty implausible, it seemed like her character development was just starting. Not even Game of Thrones killed of characters that early. There is also the plausibility that the whole ending was a trick considering that the next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987 said:

@jazgalaxy: I heard it was a prequel that's why I won't read it until I have finished this game.

Anyway here is my theory for what I think of the ending.

I suspect Snow is not truly dead. The common trope in stories like this is that myths can only truly die when they are mostly forgotten. She will probably return in a later episode. I guess they could have killed her off for shock value, but I find it pretty implausible, it seemed like her character development was just starting. Not even ASoIF killed of characters that early. There is also the plausibility that the whole ending was a trick considering that the next episode is called Smoke and Mirrors.

Yeah, I think that's really weird. I read the books so It's really interesting to read people's thoughts on what is going on with the plot and the characters.

I hated the walking dead for various reasons (I felt like it wasn't much of a game/playing as a character with a mysterious past and then being forced to answer for him was maddeningly frustrating, not fun, etc.) But I just watched the first part of the first episode of TWAU on Youtube and I think I'm going to buy it immediately. It looks great and seems to fix a lot of the problems I had with the walking dead.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chaser324  Moderator

@gike987: Yeah, I haven't read Fables, but I think the way it works is that the fable characters are empowered by the popularity of their stories among the "mundies". If they're popular enough, I guess maybe it can actually bring them back from the dead.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sessh

Really great start for this series. Can't wait for the next one. Is this gonna be released at about the pace of the Walking Dead episodes?

My Choices:

• Gave Faith the money. (Because come on.)
    • Lied to Beast. (I'm not that happy with this one, seeing the preview for the next episode.)
    • Went to Toad's... (It just seemed more pressing at the time.)
    • ...so Lawrence wound up dead. (Bad luck for him.)
    • Prime suspect is the pimp. (Whoever he will turn out to be.)
    • Arrested Dee. (Woody's pledge of innocence was convincing enough.)
    • Didn't rip of Grendel's arm. (That's a job for Beowulf not the Big Bad Wolf. Also, I tried to beat up Toad, so I a kinda wanted to go friendlier from there.)

Oh, and yeah, I agree that Snow's fate, probably just turns out to be Smoke and Mirrors.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By xymox

So both donkeygirl and the mirror said "My lips are sealed." ... wonder what that was about. Anyone else notice that? If I remember correctly, Donkeygirl said it in regards to the name of her pimp while the mirror said it in regards to finding her...

I'm really curious about how this game is recieved by people who read/don't read Fables.

Isn't it a prequel?

I tried jumping into Fables at some point but it was just a random issue pretty far into the run. Didn't care much for it - but I'm really enjoying the game. They've tightened up some of the gameplay from TWD and it gets me interested in the setting and characters.

Still have some unread Fables issue laying about... will probably give the comic another shot. In comparison, I like TWD comics a lot and loved the game.

I can't speak for everyone but it does seem like, just like with TWD, it doesn't require you to know/like the comic to enjoy it, which is nice.

Having read some of the comic and now hearing that it's a prequel... kind of confuses me though.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall I am very pleased with the episode. I sort of wish the game gave more meat to your choices though, as in more information to base choices on. Especially when it comes to suspects. I don't find anyone, not even Woodsman, feel particularly fitting. And some characters, like Bluebeard, are put forward way early as someone you should know about and yet you've only seen a file on him at Bigby's apartment. That's not really enough. I think that's the major knock against the game, it sort of feels like the game expects me to know more about who/what/where/when regarding people and places in the universe than the game itself informs you on naturally. As for choices;

• Gave faith money.
    • Lied to Beast.
    • Went to Toad.
    • Lawrence died.
    • Didn't suspect anyone.
    • Arrested Dee.
    • Walked Away.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gike987

@pezen: I never felt that, they explain who pretty much everyone is. Bluebeard is put forward early mostly because he beheaded his wives (I'm pretty sure they mention this).

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987: All I remember about Bluebeard, before the first choice of suspects at Crane's office, is that Bigby looks at the file at home and says something about him not being a very nice guy. If there's any other moment they bring up that beheading thing, I must have missed it. Overall I thought the episode did a pretty poor job of making anyone seem suspect. Well, they try to force Woodsman down your throat but that's about it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone is interested I did a little research on Tarot Cards (I'll try to just add the stuff that seems relevant):

Strength: The title of this card is often misleading because most people tend to think of strength as a property of the physical body. These are cards of ideas, feeling and beliefs; trying to make a Major Arcanum depicting someone strong of body would be a pointless exercise.True Strength is fortitude of character, and the ability to not only control the emotions, but to rise above them, and triumph over all out lower impulses and desires....

This card continues the lesson of the Chariot, showing that once we have learned to control emotion, we must rise above it....

The symbology of the lion is common to Strength, and aptly so. The lion is the "beast within", the raging inner desire inside every one of us that must be controlled or it will be set free to manifest in the world. The image of the woman opening the mouth of the lion shows both courage and patience; she must not fear the lion, and she must wait for it to tire before she can exert her own will upon it......

The Tower: (quick note, I think the Tower was the second card I could be wrong) Sometimes, when accepted and welcomed, divine wisdom and enlightenment flow freely like a calm river. The rest of the time, wisdom is blocked until it rages forth like a tidal wave and crushes anything in its path, including the recipient of the wisdom. This is the energy of the Tower card, an energy very similar to Death in that it is both a destructive and a creative force. When a building is old and decrepit, it must be demolished so that a new structure may stand in its place. The same is true of the symbolic Tower. When old attitudes and beliefs are outdated, you will have to let go of them, whether you like it or not.

Ten of Swords: All they that take the sword, it has been said, shall perish with the sword, and the Ten of Swords is a card that show us the real-life implications of this proverb. This is the ultimate manifestation of the Swords suit and its negative, destructive power. Even though only one sword would be needed to kill this man, ten were used: he has not simply been killed, but annihilated. The Ace of Swords was a warning about using excessive force for evil purposes and the Ten is the inevitable result of that abuse of power. Those who refuse to listen to the wisdom of the Swords will eventually be impaled on them.

This card usually symbolizes a sudden and unexpected failure or disaster, a power beyond your control that humbles you without warning or mercy.

Alechiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably a magic curse or an oath, there are plenty of those in Fables.

@xymox said:

So both donkeygirl and the mirror said "My lips are sealed." ... wonder what that was about. Anyone else notice that? If I remember correctly, Donkeygirl said it in regards to the name of her pimp while the mirror said it in regards to finding her...

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

If you really wanna know, it's gotten by whether you choose to rip Grendels arm off or not. If you do it, you get one entry, if you don't you get the other. Just go back and play the last scene again and do whatever you didn't do the first time around.

Cheers! I'll go back and do that. That lock icon is bugging me.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Milkman

I finished this today and was super impressed. I have zero familiarity with the source material but the whole world was incredibly interesting.

• Gave Faith money
    • Went to Toads first
    • Said nothing as the prime suspect.
    • Arrested Dee

The ending was the kind of jaw dropping moment that I haven't experience since Carly's death in Walking Dead.

I only have a couple complaints.

1. Technically, on the 360 at least, the game is a mess, much like Walking Dead was. Tons of hitching and frame rate issues.

2. When I was searching Toad's house, I felt like I was forced into a situation I didn't really want to be in. The game forced me to hit Toad in order to get information from him and there didn't seem to be any other viable method. It was kind of frustrating to have Snow lecturing me afterwards when I felt like I didn't really have any choice.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: Interesting, I got through that Toad sequence without hitting him. I just kept proving his lies wrong until he caved in and told me the information I was looking for.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@milkman said:

When I was searching Toad's house, I felt like I was forced into a situation I didn't really want to be in. The game forced me to hit Toad in order to get information from him and there didn't seem to be any other viable method. It was kind of frustrating to have Snow lecturing me afterwards when I felt like I didn't really have any choice.

That's definitely not how it played out for me. Bigby was able to get Toad to spill about everything without laying a finger on him. I'm guessing things only get physical if you don't manage to successfully catch him in his lies about the lamp, the blood, and the window.

@pezen said:

@gike987: All I remember about Bluebeard, before the first choice of suspects at Crane's office, is that Bigby looks at the file at home and says something about him not being a very nice guy. If there's any other moment they bring up that beheading thing, I must have missed it. Overall I thought the episode did a pretty poor job of making anyone seem suspect. Well, they try to force Woodsman down your throat but that's about it.

Same here. I only recall Bigby making one passing mention of Bluebeard while glancing at a file in his apartment. After completing the episode and reading the short bio that's unlocked, it seemed like he actually could be the best suspect, and the fact that they did a full 3D model and bio of the guy suggests to me that he's probably going to show up at some point in a future episode.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By flasaltine

Loved the first episode. I really want to see Telltale do a Bladerunner game.

What happens to Toad when you visit him last?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By development

*She'll remember that*

...Or not.

Liking this far more than Walking Dead. I still wish you could disable those top-left messages.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
    nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Gave Faith the money
    • Lied to Beast about Beauty. A man stay's true to his word, right?
    • Went to Toad's first (but I kinda wish I went to Lawrence's after the fact)
    • I thought it was the woodsman. But now I am slowly realizing that this probably isn't the case.
    • Arrested the Tweedle Dee.

That ending surprised the hell out of me though! I was not expecting Snow to die, and I liked her too! It kinda sucks that she died. I also wish that I got the last fable too. I didn't get the last achievement for episode one. I wonder who I had to talk to or meet. I am suspecting I would have met someone new if I called up to the second floor window when I was investigating Toad's apartment. That mysterious figure was probably it.

Your allowed to do a second play-through right?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xymox said:

@jazgalaxy said:

Isn't it a prequel?

I tried jumping into Fables at some point but it was just a random issue pretty far into the run. Didn't care much for it - but I'm really enjoying the game. They've tightened up some of the gameplay from TWD and it gets me interested in the setting and characters.

Still have some unread Fables issue laying about... will probably give the comic another shot. In comparison, I like TWD comics a lot and loved the game.

I can't speak for everyone but it does seem like, just like with TWD, it doesn't require you to know/like the comic to enjoy it, which is nice.

Having read

some

of the comic and now hearing that it's a prequel... kind of confuses me though.

Yeah, it's weird. The game has this detective noir thing going on, which is awesome, but only the first couple of issues from the book are like that. Pretty soon it has nothing to do with detectives or noir or anything like that. Bigby isn't even in a lot of it.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987: Yeah, I haven't read Fables, but I think the way it works is that the fable characters are empowered by the popularity of their stories among the "mundies". If they're popular enough, I guess maybe it can actually bring them back from the dead.

Yeah, you're exactly right. At one point in the comic books, Rose Red (Sister of Snow White) flips out on her, yelling about how everyone remembers Snow White and nobody remembers Rose Red. So Snow will get to live forever and be young and pretty and Rose Red will drift off into oblivion.

It's a really interesting concept, but I'm pretty sure it was *borrowed* from Niel Gaiman's Sandman books and the way they deal with gods.

nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I just realized after playing through the last chapter of the episode is the situation with the cigarette machine. I gave Faith some money in the beginning of the story and that meant that I didn't have any money throughout the rest of the episode. If I would have kept the money, I probably would have had money to buy a pack of cigs.

It's probably a minor decision but I wonder what kind of effect it would have had on the story if it went that way.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

As a big fan of the comics I thought the game was fantastic. I liked a lot of the easter eggs for fans, like Cinderella's redacted profile in the book. That ending was quite a shocker and it will be interesting to see how they explain everything through out the series.

__

So did anyone notice the tattoo on the pimps chest for the next episode? It says 'Kiss the Girl' and my current crazy theory is that the pimp is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid. WHO'S WITH ME?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

• Gave Faith the money
    • Let the elevator door slam or Beast's face (me and 5.7% of people o:)
    • Went to Toad's first
    • Suspected the pimp
    • Arrested the Tweedle Dee.

I almost shat my pants at the end of the game D:

The art style of the game is absolutely beautiful (with the obvious exception of some low resolution textures and aliasing). I really dislike the premise behind the game though (by extension the comics, I suppose); I tried to go in blind, so I didn't really look into the source material. I appreciate what they're getting at with the theme, but I thought it wouldn't be so literal - I groaned when I first saw an anthropomorphic toad...

nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papercut said:

So did anyone notice the tattoo on the pimps chest for the next episode? It says 'Kiss the Girl' and my current crazy theory is that the pimp is Sebastian from The Little Mermaid. WHO'S WITH ME?

Holy shit, I literally thought the same thing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.