The voice of Toad Junior...

Avatar image for daemon069
#1 Posted by Daemon069 (45 posts) -

I just finished playing episode two not five minutes ago (which is amazing, bee-tee-dubs) but after a conversation with Toad Junior, I can't stop thinking about how similar the character sounds to Clementine from The Walking Dead. Am I the only one who's noticed this?

Also, fully willing to recognize that I could just as easily look it up on the credits, but I can't be bothered.

Avatar image for garfield518
#2 Edited by Garfield518 (424 posts) -

Yes, it is Melissa Hutchison - she also voices Beauty.

Lee Everett's voice actor, Dave Fennoy, plays Bluebeard.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

There are plenty of TWD VAs in TWAU. Molly is Snow White.

Avatar image for capshot
#4 Posted by Capshot (72 posts) -

@garfield518 said:

Yes, it is Melissa Hutchison - she also voices Beauty.

Lee Everett's voice actor, Dave Fennoy, plays Bluebeard.

Hearing Bluebeard was an odd experience for me, as the Lee I played/chose was relatively pacifistic and nice while Bluebeard was definitely... not.

Avatar image for golguin
#5 Edited by golguin (5275 posts) -

@capshot said:

@garfield518 said:

Yes, it is Melissa Hutchison - she also voices Beauty.

Lee Everett's voice actor, Dave Fennoy, plays Bluebeard.

Hearing Bluebeard was an odd experience for me, as the Lee I played/chose was relatively pacifistic and nice while Bluebeard was definitely... not.

You mean your Lee never told anyone off with a line like, "What is this pattycake shit?"

Avatar image for papercut
#6 Posted by papercut (4097 posts) -

@capshot said:

@garfield518 said:

Yes, it is Melissa Hutchison - she also voices Beauty.

Lee Everett's voice actor, Dave Fennoy, plays Bluebeard.

Hearing Bluebeard was an odd experience for me, as the Lee I played/chose was relatively pacifistic and nice while Bluebeard was definitely... not.

Yeah Lee was the most jarring thing for me.

Clem's voice actress being Beauty and TJ, little weird but I can handle.

Lee being Bluebeard took me out of the game for about two lines. Just completely threw me for a loop. It's like when you first realize he's the Hulu ad guy.

Avatar image for bybeach
#7 Edited by bybeach (5670 posts) -

I don't know the VA's of TWD too well, though I should at least recognize the VA of Lee. But I thought he nailed Bluebeard, cultured and evil-minded. Toad junior simply sounded the part of a pre-adolescent boy, lol. I made no connection to Beauty.

Guess ignorance does do bliss, on occasion.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
#8 Posted by awesomeusername (4606 posts) -

I had a feeling Toad Jr. was Clementine. It threw me off when he started talking. Good to know I wasn't going crazy.

Avatar image for tothenines
#9 Posted by ToTheNines (1373 posts) -

Beauty is also Clementines voice actor.

Avatar image for corevi
#10 Edited by Corevi (6795 posts) -

As someone who is far more into Fables than The Walking Dead I was completely fine with it. Fennoy does Bluebeard really well, and Hutchison as Beauty is pretty much exactly how I expected her to sound.

Avatar image for wrighteous86
#11 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3927 posts) -

@papercut said:

Yeah Lee was the most jarring thing for me.

Clem's voice actress being Beauty and TJ, little weird but I can handle.

Lee being Bluebeard took me out of the game for about two lines. Just completely threw me for a loop. It's like when you first realize he's the Hulu ad guy.

Mind blown.

Avatar image for thenewgameplusdotcom
#12 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (391 posts) -

@papercut said:

Yeah Lee was the most jarring thing for me.

Clem's voice actress being Beauty and TJ, little weird but I can handle.

Lee being Bluebeard took me out of the game for about two lines. Just completely threw me for a loop. It's like when you first realize he's the Hulu ad guy.

Mind blown.

DA. FUQ.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.