Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

Trailer for new Telltale Game

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

So excited for this one. Not as much as season 2 of The Walking Dead, but excited nonetheless. I also just recently got into the comic and it's really, really good so I hope Telltale can do justice to Fables as they did with The Walking Dead.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

visually this looks so cool. they were already going for a comic book style thing in the walking dead but this nails it so much better, real sharp

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HerbieBug

Cool!

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't wait!
    Can't wait!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Great use of color.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

why did that green monkey fly into a boat? Is he the captain of that tiny boat? So many questions left unanswered, guess I gotta pre-order this game now.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why did that green monkey fly into a boat? Is he the captain of that tiny boat? So many questions left unanswered, guess I gotta pre-order this game now.

That's Bufkin the winged monkey from Oz, he's the town librarian and the room with the ship in it is the Fables business office. (The rooms in the building are like the Tardis - Bigger on the inside)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Okay, this seems really cool. I'm glad I can get excited for new Telltale games again... I was afraid that the Universal license was going to ruin them.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucien21 said:

@i_stay_puft said:

That's Bufkin the winged monkey from Oz, he's the town librarian and the room with the ship in it is the Fables business office. (The rooms in the building are like the Tardis - Bigger on the inside)

If I play this game do you think I should come in with some knowledge of the comic series? I played the walking game having followed the comic for awhile so I wasn't at a disadvantage but wonder if they'll give any background info for those who do not.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucien21 said:

@i_stay_puft said:

If I play this game do you think I should come in with some knowledge of the comic series? I played the walking game having followed the comic for awhile so I wasn't at a disadvantage but wonder if they'll give any background info for those who do not.

Most of the characters are well known from the kids stories. Prince Charming, three little Pigs, Cinderella, Pinnochio etc. They are just living in secret in New York.

Bigby the main character in the game is the Big Bad Wolf and the town Sheriff.

I'm sure they will design it for newbies and not just fans of the comic. If you have the time though the comics are a lot of fun.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

@lucien21 said:

@i_stay_puft said:

It certainly wouldn't hurt having prior knowledge of the characters and their current position in Fabletown. Though, I'm not really sure where the game fits into the canon of Fables so it's kinda hard to tell if you should or shouldn't need knowledge of the comic beforehand. This is definitely more in hand with the comics than Walking Dead was, though, since you play as Bigby Wolf who is one of the very major characters in the comics (at least up to volume 6 where I'm at).

But it's also just a really good series so I'd recommend reading it anyways.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Man, Fables kicks ass. This could be unreal.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teoball

This looks great. I have never heard about anything about Fables before but this looks interesting.

Is that Adachi telling us that the "Product not yet rated"?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#16  Edited By BeachThunder

The content of the game doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I'll probably pick this up because it's Telltale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.