Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wonderful 101

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 23, 2013

An action game from Hideki Kamiya, originally designed exclusively for the Nintendo Wii U. Control one hundred superheroes in real-time as they save the Earth from a massive alien invasion.

Did anyone else just see this on GTTV?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

This seemed to be the most exciting thing announced for Wii U. Why wasn't it at Nintendo's show?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

Yup, looked pretty neat!

They should've at least popped in a logo at the end of the conference and said they'd talk about it right after to lessen the blow a bit.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

It looked interesting. Platinum Games = I'm on board.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

They had to give Nintendoland like fucking 15 minutes. They just HAD to!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

@OllyOxenFree said:

They had to give Nintendoland like fucking 15 minutes. They just HAD to!

that was a really weird choice ...they should've at least teased something big from Retro or MonolithSoft at the end if they wanted to show Project P 100 later.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

Can you post a link? I'm not seeing it on GTTV.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By jmfinamore
    @BraveToaster said:

Can you post a link? I'm not seeing it on GTTV.

Looked pretty neat. Doesn't seem like a system seller, but it's nice to see an original property besides ZombiU. Also, it's made by Platinum, which is always a good sign. 
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

Looks like Pikmin mixed with Devil May Cry. I'm a bit disappointed that it looks to be Kamiya's ugliest game in over a decade (especially since his games from Viewtiful Joe onward have been so fucking good-looking), but it certainly does look like it could be a really good time.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

@HarlequinRiot: Thanks. That actually looks fun.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By buzz_killington

Should've shown this instead of Arkham City. It's a cool unique game, and it looks pretty.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Gonmog

Seen this on the gamespot live stage stream first thing this aftrenoon. looked very cool.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

This seemed to be the most exciting thing announced for Wii U. Why wasn't it at Nintendo's show?

Any number of reasons, really. My guess is that Nintendo had already spoken with Warner Bros. and Ubisoft about making appearances as third-party representatives at the press conference. In any case, it's not like not showing this game at the conference is the end of the world. I'm still rolling my eyes at the supposed sense of betrayal some of the people were raging about in the forums in this morning. And Nintendo still has their 3DS conference tomorrow.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Icemael said:

Looks like Pikmin mixed with Devil May Cry. I'm a bit disappointed that it looks to be Kamiya's ugliest game in over a decade (especially since his games from Viewtiful Joe onward have been so fucking good-looking), but it certainly does look like it could be a really good time.

It's Pikmin mixed with Viewtiful Joe (hence the scarf on the little dude/champion near the end). Ugliest game? It looks great so far. The game isn't even named or complete yet.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael said:

Looks like Pikmin mixed with Devil May Cry. I'm a bit disappointed that it looks to be Kamiya's ugliest game in over a decade (especially since his games from Viewtiful Joe onward have been so fucking good-looking), but it certainly does look like it could be a really good time.

It's Pikmin mixed with Viewtiful Joe (hence the scarf on the little dude/champion near the end). Ugliest game? It looks great so far. The game isn't even named or complete yet.

While it is obviously still in early development (It's still called Project *insert name*) it does looks extremely ugly, considering the fact that this is supposed to be next gen. It looks like a Gamecube game. But I'm entirely expecting for it to get nothing but better looking. It's Platinum - their track record so far is amazing looking games at rock solid framerates.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@xyzygy said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael said:

While it is obviously still in early development (It's still called Project *insert name*) it does looks extremely ugly, considering the fact that this is supposed to be next gen. It looks like a Gamecube game. But I'm entirely expecting for it to get nothing but better looking. It's Platinum - their track record so far is amazing looking games at rock solid framerates.

It looks like an Xbox 360 game, which it essentially is. Let's keep in mind the Wii U is not actually next gen.

I think it looks awesome.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Icemael
    @SeriouslyNow said:

@Icemael said:

In terms of character design it is perhaps a bit Viewtiful Joe-ish, but I was talking about the mechanics. Also, the game does look nice. I never said it didn't. It just doesn't even begin to approach the beauty of games like Joe, Okami and Bayonetta.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Icemael

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.