Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Thief: Deadly Shadows

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 25, 2004

Thief: Deadly Shadows is the third game in the Thief Franchise. It continues the exploits of series protagonist and master thief, Garrett, in a fantasy world that merges elements of the late medieval era with the Victorian age.

85% off on Steam -- worth it?

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By spaceturtle

It's damn cheap, I know. 3 Euros for a game ain't shit, but still, no point in wasting money. Anyways, Thief: Deadly Shadows is a game I've unfortunately missed and have just forgot to play it and I really feel like I should play it. But thing is, it's about six years old now and I'm quite frankly not sure if it still holds up compared to newer stealth games released closer to MODERN TIMES!!! I'm not very picky when it comes to games and can most certainly enjoy playing "old" games. 

If you even remotely catch my drift, boys and girls of the GB community, would you please help me figure out whether or not I should "pick up this game".

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I played the hell out of this game on my Xbox. I bought it for my PC, but at the time, the PC lacked the punch, returned it. I think it's well worth it, from your post, just bought it.... on Steam.

As a newer last gen stealth game goes, it's one of the best if not the best stealth fantasy game of its time. Chaos Theory being top of the line from that era. I still haven't played the older Thief games. If they're ever on Steam, purchase for sure, loved the demos.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ATrevelan

Do you have a laptop? If so, no, because it won't run on a laptop card. At all. 

If you have a desktop that was half decent at pretty much any point in the past 7 or 8 years, then yeah, go for it. It's a steal for 3 bucks.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

it's a good game.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By spaceturtle
    @Claude: 
    Thanks, guy! I'm really interested in checking this title out. Been wanting to for so long, just never got around to it. But I think you convinced me. I probably never needed much convincing in the first place, but it's always nice to play it safe and check with someone who have actually played the game, you know. 

@ATrevelan:  
    No laptop here, mate. I got an above average rig, so I'm pretty sure I'm okey. 

So I guess it's go to purchase then. Thanks for all the help! 
    =)
    landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By landon

I think it holds up. I played it pretty recently. The graphics aren't bad and the gameplay is still pretty cool.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By NickLott

One of my favorite games ever and probably my favorite stealth games ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.