tvkiki's Thief (PC) review

Avatar image for tvkiki

Thief Review

This game had high expectations from everybody who ever played a Thief game. The developers didn't make a 100% job, but they did a pretty good job in my opinion. And after all the games released this year and last year, for me this is the best game I have played in years. (and believe me I have tried many games)

I just love it how it's not focusing on combat, actually it kind of avoids it, and that should be a stealth game's goal. Not like in Dishonored for example, where you can just go shoot everyone and walk through the levels, here you have to be quick, distract the enemies, find other ways to pass them.

The story is average, but the focus is on the gameplay. Although I would have been happier with more options for thieving and side missions throughout the City.

The graphics are pretty detailed, the style and mood is faithful to the existing Thief games.

All in all I think this game deserves higher scores than given by other reviewers.

Other reviews for Thief (PC)

Money for Nothin' 0

The past couple of years have seen many successful reboots to franchises. Tomb Raider, DmC, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown have managed to raise the already high bar for their respective series while bringing with them the quality and depth their hardcore fans loved. Other reboots, like Splatterhouse or Alone in the Dark, have proven that without the polish, a revitalized franchise is not a guaranteed success. Unfortunately, Eidos’ recently released Thief is another title to add to that list.Thi...

Burgled. 0

I was hating it and still kinda do. no manual jumping. having multiple discreet actions contextually squished into one button sucked. the way rope arrows worked sucked. That lights out puzzle in the clockmakers house sucked. the two "boss" fights REALLY sucked. I was lukewarm, then started doing the client and basso jobs and almost started diggin' it. The map sucks major ass. Even near the end of the game I was still struggling to do simple navigation from a to b. Mainly because it shows the wh...