Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Thirty Flights of Loving

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

Thirty Flights of Loving is a game by Brendon Chung, maker of Flotilla and Atom Zombie Smasher. It is a sequel to Gravity Bone, a first-person spy game.

30 Flights out for Kickstarter Backers

kentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kentobi

As a backer, I downloaded and played 30 Flights today. Anyone else played through it yet?

I think it's pretty good, though I prefer Gravity Bone. I really appreciated Gravity Bone's 'tricks' into making the game appear to be something that it wasn't. 30 Flights was certainly much more of a walk-straight-ahead-and-look-at-stuff kinda thing. Also, he kinda hits what I assume to be a metaphor pretty heavy at the end, though I don't really get how it fits in.

Also, are the technical glitches near the end happening for anyone else? For fear of spoilers, I won't mention exactly what, but there are a few parts near the end that feel pretty busted. Maybe that's just part of it.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By thatfrood

I played through it and I gotta say I really liked it. It's different from Gravity Bone for sure, but in ways I can appreciate in addition to it. Chris Remo also did a fantastic job with the music, that stuff is rad. 
    30 Flights is definitely more like that last part of Gravity Bone than it is the beginning parts of Gravity Bone, but I still think it's really successful in what it does. 

Also, Goldblum mode almost put me in tears the first time I turned it on after beating the game.

Avatar image for natedestruction
    NateDestruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NateDestruction

I really enjoyed what 30 Flights was trying to do with the narrative but the sudden jumps to other areas of the map made me feel that I wasn't playing the game "right" and that it was trying to correct me. However what 30 Flights did retain from Gravity Bone was to tell a complete story w/o the need of any real dialogue or exposition.

Trying to piece the story together has proven difficult though, at the end of the game (no spoilers) it refers to 30 Flights as the 7th Citizen Abel Game. I'm currently playing through Citizen Abel 1 to 4 which makes Gravity Bone Citizen Abel 5, so where's 6?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.