Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

THQ

Company »

THQ Inc. (Toy Headquarters) was a global American developer and publisher of video games.

Where do you see THQ's IP's going in case they go under?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

With the rumors that they dropped all development to their 2014 line up, and the latest news of NASDAQ threatening to delist them THQ aren't looking in a very good shape. While this might all blow over just like with the whole EA/2K hostile buyout a few years ago there also a big chance that by this time next year there won't be a THQ. In case that happens where do you think their ip's end up.

For me I see this scenario:

EA takes their WWE licensing with upcoming Warhammer 40,000 MMO, seeing how they already have the Warhammer MMO. In this case I see them positioning it as a successor to their Warhammer Online MMO.

Activision might try gunning for their Fronlines/Homefront IP in order to have another military FPS with COD. inSANE also end up with Activision and is handed off to Sledgehammer Games. Also, there's a strong possibility that the UFC licensing end up with them.

Take 2 will end up with the Metro and Darksiders franchises.

There's a third possibility that one of those companies will buy them lock, stock. In this case which publisher do feel has the best chance to end up buying them? Personally, and I don't why, I feel Take 2 seems like the likely owner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.