Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Thumper

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 10, 2016

A psychedelic rhythm game from two ex-Harmonix developers.

My thumb joints hurts playing this game

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Using Xbox One controller. I need to take frequent breaks since the joints in my thumb hurts due to contantly hitting of the A button. I wish it was possible to remap the key to something like RB or RT. I need to remind myself to press the A button in a certain, different, way from how I usually press it in other games. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm at level 5-11 at the moment.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm using a ds4 and yeah, I've noticed more pain than usuall while playing. I think it has to do with the beats having so much oomf behind them that I just instinctively want to just jam down on each button press. I need to remind myself to keep a feather touch.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I tried figuring out what I do wrong. I think it's because I usually hold my thumb over X button at all times, and hitting A with the lower joint part of the thumb. If I instead press with thumb straight down on A button it feels better Also, @riptheveins definitely in combination with hitting the button too hard has got to do with it. Didn't think of that.

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By corporalgregg

I am definitely experiencing pain in my right thumb from only pressing X and think if they just let you use any face button that'd alleviate most of my problems. I, too, have to force myself to press X differently than I normally would after a while because of discomfort. I'm on PC so I could just use the keyboard, but I got this brand new 4k TV and this is one of the only games that actually runs in 4k at 60fps...so I'm stuck with awkward thumb pain or placement. Only really negative thing I have to say about the game, they really ought to just let you use every button since it only uses one, unless something is introduced after level 5 that I'm not aware of.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah remapping was requested on the steam discussion boards and they might do it. They implemented a quick restart which was a godsend.

But yeah bumper might be better though it might not help as much as you'd think. I remember my hand cramping up the first time I played Dark Souls because I kept holding my shield up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.