Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

putting

skye144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skye144

Could someone help me with the putting it is the most aggravating thing I have ever done, I have absolutely no Idea how hard to putt the ball there are percentages all over the screen and when I hit it the exact percentage it asks for it just comes up short every time. I am eleven over par through 12 right now about an hour after shooting a 51 in tiger woods 08. Whats up

Lotan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lotan

Couldn't agree more.  Putting seams way harder than it needs to be.  Even when i use the put preview and make sure to hit the mark in the meter I still miss over half of my putts.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

Er, what system are you playing it on? It doesn't sound like you're using MotionPlus. ;D

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Gaius

If you are using MotionPlus it works like this: The bar on your left with the four notches in it is your power. Each notch equals 25% power. So it works 25%, and the next notch is 50% and so on. You can hit the Minus (-) button once per putt to see how the ball will break. However, you also need to take into account if you are putting up hill or down hill. Below the percentage you need to putt it will say the distance to the hole and whether you are putting up hill or down hill. Once you find out if its up or down, you have to look at the accompanying number that tells you how steep the grade of the slope is.  Based on this you have to hit it harder or softer.

This is a little confusing, so, for example: If it says you are supposed to hit the ball at 50% power but it says that you are hitting downhill at 10 in, you want to hit it less than 50% because your ball will pick up speed as it goes down.  This also works with putting up hill. If it says you are supposed to hit it at 50% power with a 10 in. grade up hill, you have to hit it harder than 50% to account for the ball slowing down.

I don't know if this is what you were really looking for, but I hope it helps. Let me know if you need more help.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.