Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features a new "Caddie Experience," and for the first time ever, The Masters at Augusta National Golf Club.

Damn...They got me.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#1  Edited By Marino  Staff

I used to buy EA's golf game at least every other year, but after how straight up broken 2006 and 2007 were on Xbox 360, I gave up.  The online was practically fubar'd at launch and EA never attempted to fix it.  And in 06, a handful of the achievements were literally impossible to get. 

Then they go and put Augusta National in the game.  Damn you, EA.  You've got my $60 again.  As someone from Georgia and someone that's been to the course, I'm pretty excited about it finally being in a golf game. 

Anyone else give a shit about golf?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ramone

I give a shit about golf but i'd much rather play it IRL than in vidja game land. Although I wouldn't mind paying about £15 for a golf game.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

So this is kind of the equivalent to Jordan being in NBA 2K11? 

Side note: That cover is awful. This isn't EA Sports MASTERS! Funny how they shove the tiny Tiger Woods text to the bottom.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @JJWeatherman: I think the cover is good.  The Masters flag is iconic and it will catch the attention of even a casual golf fan.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Claude

I'm a huge virtual golf fan. I might have to buy this edition on multiple platforms. The only time I played The Masters virtually was in Tiger Woods 05 on the PC I believe. You could download courses made with the course architect back then. I'm extremely hyped.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Rayfield
    @Marino: 

Word. I loved TW 07 on 360 (except for Alexei Eichelberg, what a prick). The online was dumb as hell and utterly broken though. I thankfully avoided 08 due to reading about all the bugs it had. Couldn't have cared less about 09, 10 or 11. 

But I'm suddenly interested in The Masters. As opposed to real life golf, which is one of the most maddening endeavours human beings can engage in.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jadeskye

I want to get into tiger so much but it just pushes me out. don't think i have the patience for it.

thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By thebobster10

I cannot wait for this. I LOVE golf. Especially the Masters. Watch it every year in HD (no other way to watch it, fucking BREATHTAKING). Oh and when I say I watch it, I don't just watch randomly, I am glued to my HD TV from the first round to the last round. Seeing Phil Mickelson win last years Masters (my favorite golfer) was incredible. ANYWAYS, I cannot wait for this. Finally EA does something right. EA Sports has been a freakin' joke lately. However, I must say, that their Tiger Woods games have always been solid, especially the last couple years on Wii. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

Well, now I know how EA is getting around the load that is the Tiger Woods endorsement in the next version.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WickedCestus

I used to play golf (like, outside) and it was pretty fun but then I stopped for a reason I can't remember and haven't been back since. Never been interested in watching golf or playing golf video games though.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Marino  Staff
    @Hailinel: He apparently does appear on the PS3 exclusive collector's edition box.  Haven't been able to find a picture of it yet though.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Nadafinga

I haven't played a Tiger Woods game since the 2004 iteration of the series, but I might finally bite on this new one. More than anything, I'll be paying attention to how good the Move controls are. I need to get some good use out of the Move, and a good golf game seems like a perfect fit if they do it right. (apparently, last year's integration of Move controls were a little shotty.)

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Hunkulese
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " So this is kind of the equivalent to Jordan being in NBA 2K11?  Side note: That cover is awful. This isn't EA Sports MASTERS! Funny how they shove the tiny Tiger Woods text to the bottom. "
    It pretty much is EA sports Masters. That's the number one reason to buy the game. Even if Tiger hadn't blow his public image having the masters is still a bigger draw than having Tiger.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack268

That cover looks like it's from -98 or so

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Obsidian

I used to love these games back on my original Xbox but never bothered trying it out on the current generation of consoles.  Hopefully they turn the series around similar to what happened with the NHL and it motivates me to pick up a copy.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Hunkulese said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" So this is kind of the equivalent to Jordan being in NBA 2K11?  Side note: That cover is awful. This isn't EA Sports MASTERS! Funny how they shove the tiny Tiger Woods text to the bottom. "
    It pretty much is EA sports Masters. That's the number one reason to buy the game. Even if Tiger hadn't blow his public image having the masters is still a bigger draw than having Tiger. "
    Well yeah, it's obviously the draw, but that doesn't mean they should nearly rebrand their box. I think that's dumb. 

Not that I really care though, at the end of the day.
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Nadafinga
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @Hunkulese said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

It pretty much is EA sports Masters. That's the number one reason to buy the game. Even if Tiger hadn't blow his public image having the masters is still a bigger draw than having Tiger. "
    Well yeah, it's obviously the draw, but that doesn't mean they should nearly rebrand their box. I think that's dumb.  Not that I really care though, at the end of the day. "
    Tiger's still on the PS3 Collector's Edition box:
    No Caption Provided
    spacegandhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 22

#18  Edited By spacegandhi

Last year I toyed with the idea of buying Tiger '11 because of Move support. This year's refined, out-of-the-box Move support and the inclusion of The Masters is enough to get me to buy this. I will most likely get the PS3 Collector's Edition.

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Evil_Alaska
    @Marino said:
    " I used to buy EA's golf game at least every other year, but after how straight up broken 2006 and 2007 were on Xbox 360, I gave up. "
    I've been buying them all for years, never stopped, but after playing this year's demo I got to pass. I hate every change they made to the game I think.  

The caddie is annoying, the TV presentation is just way too much, the Masters stuff is overly dramatic, and it now the only way for you to switch back and forth from thumbstick control to three click method is having to go into the game options and changing it in there instead of just being able to toggle your choice with a  a button on the controller.

Really disappointed.  The caddie plays the game for you.

You try the demo yet Marino?
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By OldGuy

I'm old. Played golf sims on my PC (Nicklaus and then Links - I have EVERY version of Links and EVERY course pack. Loved that game - I was so annoyed when MicroSoft bought Access and killed both it and the Tex Murphy games! Grrrr!). I couldn't bring myself to play on consoles... until I got the some of the TW games for Wii (first year and then the Motion Plus into - it worked really well)... but... I might have to go 360... for the points...

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By floodiastus

I really hope they brought back COOP campaign/tournament which they had in 2004. I am guessing they have not :/

SoftCoreDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By SoftCoreDave

@Jack268 said:

" That cover looks like it's from -98 or so "

Yeah I like it for that
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Marcsman
    @Marino said:
    "I used to buy EA's golf game at least every other year, but after how straight up broken 2006 and 2007 were on Xbox 360, I gave up.  The online was practically fubar'd at launch and EA never attempted to fix it.  And in 06, a handful of the achievements were literally impossible to get. 

Then they go and put Augusta National in the game.  Damn you, EA.  You've got my $60 again.  As someone from Georgia and someone that's been to the course, I'm pretty excited about it finally being in a golf game.  Anyone else give a shit about golf? "

Yep they got me too. Clap Hanz took way too long with Hot Shots 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.