Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features a new "Caddie Experience," and for the first time ever, The Masters at Augusta National Golf Club.

DLC Overview and Information

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cincaid

Hey all!

So since I'm a damn swede I have to wait until friday for my copy of the game. That gave me time to get a full overview and a bit more details on the DLC courses that are available on day one. Say what you want about all this, but here are the facts and bundles anyway.

• There are a total of 18 courses available to buy and download.
    • That's 324 holes, assuming all courses have the regular 18 holes.
    • Some courses are fantasy, some are courses from the real world.
    • Most of the courses are 320 points on XBLM to buy, but some are 560 points. There are two bundles with all the courses (more info below).
    • No additional achivements are linked to these courses, but they can be played in your career mode.
    • The DLC are not "unlocking" courses from your disc, but are actually downloaded to your console.

Eagle Pack - 2,800 MS Points (1,97GB)

The Eagle Pack is the big pack with 13 of the 18 DLC courses for 2,800 points. You save 1,840 points by buying this pack instead of the courses separately. The included courses are:

The Els Club (560 points to buy separately)
    Do you think you have what it takes to play The Els Club? Challenging for the best players in the world, The Els Club is a 'desert links' course and embraces the unique natural dunes and native plants of Dubai.

Banff Springs Golf Course (320 points to buy separately)
    Renowned for its panoramic beauty, The Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course is a captivating and challenging layout set in the heart of Canada's Rocky Mountains.

Emerald Dragon (320 points to buy separately)
    Grab your clubs and prepare for an epic challenge at The Emerald Dragon! This brand new fantasy course is set in the shadow of Japan’s iconic Mount Fuji. The cherry blossom lined Emerald River guides your path through undulating greens, stair stepped fairways, and deceptively decorative bunkers. Challenge your strategic game with split fairways, abundant water, and rolling elevation as you wind your way through the course and come face to face with the Emerald Dragon itself!

Sheshan Golf Club (320 points to buy separately)
    Located in Shanghai, China, the natural beauty and rolling hills of Sheshan make it both a spectacular and intimidating golf course.

Oakmont Country Club (320 points to buy separately)
    Time for a real test of your golf skills with the Oakmont Country Club. The front nine of the West course at Oakmont CC sports small greens, while the back nine has larger greens and more yardage designed to test your game fully.

Pinehurst No. 2 (320 points to buy separately)
    It is time to step up your game. Immerse yourself in the finest golf experience at Pinehurst No. 2 and follow in the footsteps of golf legends.

Riviera CC Golf Course (320 points to buy separately)
    Grab your clubs and play this Southern California course that features one of the world’s most famous finishing holes and remains one of golf’s few genuine classics. The world famous challenging 18th hole is surrounded by a natural amphitheater with a beautiful view of the clubhouse.

Hazeltine National Golf Club (320 points to buy separately)
    It is time to get serious about your golf game! The forces of nature are on display at Hazeltine where the landscape puts a premium on shot values providing a challenge that makes low scores rare.

Wolf Creek (320 points to buy separately)
    Visit the canyons of Mesquite and play the lush green fairways and desert terrain. Every golfer from scratch to novice can enjoy the ultimate golf experience. Test your skills on one of the unique holes on the course like the number two box that is perched eleven stories above the fairway. The panoramic view from the 2nd tee gives you a taste of what is to come.

Torrey Pines Golf Course (320 points to buy separately)
    Prepare for a great round of Golf at Torrey Pines. The Torrey Pines South Course boasts dramatic coastline views, imparts very challenging golf and served as host of the 2008 U.S. Open Championship.

River Course at Blackwolf Run (320 points to buy separately)
    Bring your “A” game and prepare to play one of North America’s most challenging and scenic courses. The Wisconsin based course features vast rolling greens, grass topped dunes and deep bunkers. Tee off at this award winning course today!

Spyglass Hill (320 points to buy separately)
    Discover Pebble Beach's hidden gem, Spyglass Hill. This course is consistently ranked as one of America's Greatest Public Courses and is known for having some of the toughest holes on the PGA TOUR. Watch out for holes 6, 8 and 16 in particular and be ready for a great challenge.

Greek Isles (560 points to buy separately)
    Welcome to the Greek Isles. A golf course that provides players with a tour of Greece. Beginning with the beaches, in to the towns and finally arriving on mount olympus. Enjoy the journey as you try to battle this difficult track.

Birdie Pack - 1,200 MS Points (717,46MB)

The Birdie Pack is the small pack with 5 of the 18 DLC courses for 1,200 points. You save 400 points by buying this pack instead of the courses separately. The included courses are:

Harbour Town Golf Links (320 points to buy separately)
    Watch out for Harbour Town’s demanding eighteenth hole that requires aim accuracy and consistency from the player to score competitively.

The Predator (320 points to buy separately)
    Grab your clubs and prepare for a true adventure at The Predator! This fantasy course is designed in and out of a jungle set amongst the Mayan ruins near Belize. Each hole weaves its way through massive trees covered with vines, exotic plants sprouting out of everywhere, and interesting ruins here and there. Picking the right club will be a tough test with the elevation changes and the small pieces of fairway. It will truly test your entire game with multiple options on each and every hole for the aggressive golfer as well as the safe swinger. But, bring all your shots including your ability to work the ball left and right as creativity will help you get around this jungle of a course.

The Highlands (320 points to buy separately)
    Grab your clubs and prepare for an exploration of castle ruins at The Highlands! This brand new fantasy course is set in the fabled Highlands region of Northwest Scotland. Brave the Celtic mists as fairways and greens plunge and soar around you, testing your skills and offering breathtaking views of mountainous Scottish coastline. Tee off from a castle tower and do battle with coastal rough, deep bunkers, and even the mountains themselves in your quest for Gaelic glory!

The TPC Blue Monster at Doral (320 points to buy separately)
    Hit the links at this legendary Florida course known as the TPC Blue Monster at Doral.  And maybe bring a few extra balls for this tough test as you’ll need stamina, strategy, and accuracy to navigate all the water that’s waiting to drown your round.

TPC Boston (320 points to buy separately)
    Opened in 2002 and host to the Deutsche Bank Championship, this breathtaking course was designed by the King himself, Arnold Palmer. 

So there you have it...

18 courses available to download for a total of 4,000 MS points if you want all of them (by getting the two bundles).
    I'm sorry that I'm not including PSN pricing and stuff, but I imagine it's the same deal over there more or less. There's also the PS3 Collector's Edition, which already include 5 of the DLC courses (pretty sure it's the Birdie Pack that's included). There's no X360 Collector's Edition what I can find.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Marcsman

According to my PS3 case the EC edition. I got 19 courses additional and one more for prepurchasing it. Looks like I'm pretty good.
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cincaid
    @Marcsman said:
    " According to my PS3 case the EC edition. I got 19 courses additional and one more for prepurchasing it. Looks like I'm pretty good. "
    Cool! I envy you, hehe.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Marcsman

Thanks man. Get the CE edition. They have all the courses already on it for an additional $10. 
    Well worth it
    Avatar image for burjeffton--defunct
    burjeffton--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 3

Man, I can't believe how much they're charging for these DLC courses. Especially since most of them have appeared in earlier versions of the game... C'mon, EA.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga
    @CrazyChris said:
    • There are a total of 18 courses available to buy and download.

I'm just curious where you got this info from. The developers are pretty active over on the EA forums, and they posted 20 total courses for DLC (which I copy/pasted into the wiki here). Maybe since you're in Europe there's a different amount of courses available to you? I dunno. I'll have to check the PSN store tonight.

EDIT: it appears that the Game Stop pre-order bonus courses (Bethpage Black course for Xbox 360 and Turnberry course for the PS3) Were included in the list I saw. Wonder what their availability will be for those who didn't pre-order...

There's also the PS3 Collector's Edition, which already include 5 of the DLC courses (pretty sure it's the Birdie Pack that's included). There's no X360 Collector's Edition what I can find. "

Correct on both points. The Birdie Pack is the same 5 courses that are included in the CE, and the CE is PS3 exclusive.
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cincaid
    @Nadafinga: 
    I got the info straight off XBLM. The game isn't released in Europe yet, but the DLC is (go figure). :)
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By C0V3RT

I'll pass. I don't play the game enough to need 18 additional courses. The big draw for me this year was being able to play Augusta... so I'm good.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cincaid
    @C0V3RT said:
    " I'll pass. I don't play the game enough to need 18 additional courses. The big draw for me this year was being able to play Augusta... so I'm good. "
    The game by itself is looking great on content already, so I definatly see your point. To be honest I really don't want to promote this kind of pricing (4,000 points? Really?), but at the same time I'm weak and will probably just buy them. :(
    Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nadafinga

So it looks like, as of right now, the 2 Game Stop pre-order courses (Bethpage Black and Turnberry) are not on the store for purchase. Although I imagine that they will be at some point down the road. Anyway, I changed the wiki to the 2 different DLC packs with the 18 courses.

Avatar image for burjeffton--defunct
    burjeffton--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

I'm interested to see if they add any more courses in future DLC (other than Turnberry and Bethpage). I would think with this many courses, people don't buy as many and the return on investement is lower.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By datarez

I'm enjoying the game so far and I'd be interested in getting more courses but I've got to vote with my dollars here and just say no to that pricing. Ouch.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By stackboy

Just out of curiosity, how many courses does the game come with?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cincaid
    @Stackboy said:
    " Just out of curiosity, how many courses does the game come with? "
    16 courses in the regular version.
    21 courses in the PS3 Collector's Edition (the Birdie Pack is included for free with it).
    obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By obcdexter

324 holes?

I'm in!

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By andymp

I hate having to repurchase courses that I bought last year. Likewise, I don't like having to complete the full PGA Tour season by buying some of the courses and events. To be honest, I'm actually very disappointed with this game. The caddie feature is horribly intrusive which wouldn't be half as bad if it delivered something more than a noob point-and-swing mechanic to the gameplay. As it is, I like to line my own shots up and they have made that FAR more awkward to do in Tiger 12 than any previous iteration of Tiger. Like I said, this is the first game of Tiger I've been disappointed with in a long time.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By FesteringNeon

I just bought the CE edition today. I think the birdie pack is included with CE, and there was something else, but can't remember. So if you have the CE, you still need to buy the Eagle pack for $35 (american) to get the rest of the courses, albeit the Gamestop pre-order course (which I may or may not get). I found a listing for $58 for the CE version on half.ebay.com.. so $93 when it's all said and done isn't too bad considering it's for 34 courses if you didn't pre-order (34 courses @ 18 holes = 612 holes!) And I don't even know if you can create your own holes/courses... but I think that'll be more than plenty. 

dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dibdab

I'm in the uk and just picked up the PS3 CE edition. On the box it says that all 19 extra holes are included. Will see if this is true when I get it home.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nadafinga
    @dibdab:  What it says is 19 holes plus the 2 Augusta courses, for a total of 21.
    dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dibdab

So yeah after loading it up it is just 19 courses plus the masters.  To be honest I think the wording on the box is a little misleading but that's EA for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.