Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features a new "Caddie Experience," and for the first time ever, The Masters at Augusta National Golf Club.

Suggestions on TW 11

DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DrBendo

I haven't played a golf game since the 3DO pack-in, Pebble Beach Golf Links. After playing the dinky golf in Yakuza 3, I decided to try the Tiger Woods 12 demo, and I rather like it. I don't care enough about it to spend $60, so I was curious how the previous game or two compare.

Do the previous titles (such as 11) play similarly to the Masters demo? I like the use of the analog stick, so that would be a must (though I wouldn't mind the sequential button press style in addition). I haven't a sophisticated palette for golf games, so I'm largely interested in the core gameplay; I don't really care one way or another regarding the nuances that one must invest a lot of time to appreciate, as I would be playing a course or two once in a great while. If anyone can tell me how the games compare or warn me if a particular entry was complete shit, it would be appreciated.

Haxim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Haxim

The last few games do have the analog swing controls, and you can also switch to the more traditional 3-click method in the options. I'd recommend tracking down a copy of Tiger Woods 10 for cheap, as the gameplay is largely the same, and it was prior to EA's "project 10 dollar" initiative, meaning that you can play it online at no additional cost if you find it used.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FesteringNeon

I'd say the previous 2 are kind of the same.. the thing I like about 12 though, is Move compatibility (which was in last years if you care) but more than that.. it feels more professional? I don't know if that's quite the word i'm looking for.. but it's less frill, and more golf. Also if you happen to get the collectors 12, and spend the extra 35 for the eagle pack on top (which is nearly $100) you will end up with 34 courses. A ton of golf.. and really, when is the next time you're gonna buy another tiger game? I'm set for at least 3 years i'm guessing.. so 33 bucks a year isn't bad considering I have all my courses in one place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.