Tiger Woods, born Eldrick Tont Woods, was born in Cypress, California. He is known as one of the most dominant athletes in any sport and one of the world's top-ranked professional golfers. Woods turned pro and joined the PGA Tour in 1996. He currently holds second place in the all-time major wins category with 14 [Masters (4), U.S. Opens (3), British Opens (3) and PGA championships (4) ]. He is also third all-time in PGA Tour wins with a staggering total of 70.
Infidelity and Break From Golf
Woods married Elin Nordegren in 2004 and subsequently fathered two children with her. However, his marriage and personal life were both shaken following a car accident on Thanksgiving 2009 that led to the unveiling of an extensive history of adultery. On December 11th of that same year, Tiger announced that he would be taking an indefinite break from golf in order to resolve issues in his personal life. He later returned to the PGA Tour in 2010 in time to compete at the Masters in Augusta, Georgia. Tiger failed to win the Masters as well as all other tournaments he entered that year. Towards the end of the season, he lost his world number one ranking. Further, his marriage ended in divorce.
Career Major Titles
- U.S Open (2000, 2002, 2008)
- The Masters (1997, 2001, 2002, 2005)
- Open Championship (2000, 2005, 2006)
- PGA Championship (1999, 2000, 2006, 2007)
Woods makes over $100 million per year on sponsors alone. After his recent series of affairs came to light, several of his sponsors have dropped him whether they say it is due to his actions or not. Those sponsors that dropped him are Accenture, AT&T, and Gatorade.
- EA Sports
- Golf Digest
- TAG Heuer
- Tiger Woods Dubai (His golf course)
- TLC Laser Eye Centers
- Upper Deck
- Tiger Woods wakes up at 5am.
- Tiger Wood's club speed is 125mph. The avg is 84mph.
- Tiger's favorite movie is Caddyshack.
- Tiger likes to participate in under water fish hunting.
- Tiger's first job was a cart boy.