Favorite Console Shooter Ever?

#1 Posted by Yit (938 posts) -

I think this might be mine.

#2 Posted by Kush (9089 posts) -

Out of purely console-only shooters...I think this may be mine as well, but I am having a hard time trying to think of many good FPS games that are only on consoles.

#3 Posted by Shasam (494 posts) -

Definitely mine.

#4 Posted by Gizmo (5467 posts) -

The most fun game ever in my opinion.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (22947 posts) -

Wow...what an open-ended flame bait question.  Great job!

#6 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8663 posts) -

Either this or Halo 2.  Or we referring to last-gen only?  Whatever.  Yeah this game was great and I liked Future Perfect as well.

#7 Posted by TimeWaffle (975 posts) -

definitely ranks up there 

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6461 posts) -

My favorite mode was that infection-esque type. With the green fire. Good shit.

#9 Posted by godzilla_sushi (1353 posts) -

I always liked the third one more. I thought the story levels were a little more fun, plus it had that map editor.

But this one was also pretty great. We always had some fun just playing co-op over and over.

#10 Posted by Luis_is_Cold (40 posts) -

For offline multiplayer i loved playing this with my friends but back when halo 2 was in its prime online i used to be on it 24/7.

#11 Posted by AkumaX (273 posts) -

This is my favourite FPS, console or PC, ever made. I just can't get enough of it, even the supposedly lacklustre campaign.

Try Assault mode on Frantic and the Fortress map, a friend and I did it in 34 seconds.

Also, should monkeys be a concept?

#12 Posted by crunchUK (6052 posts) -

console shooter as in exclusively console? but but but the halo :(

#13 Posted by OmegaPirate (5642 posts) -

NO this - this game is just incredible - and is the only game to feature a snow level that i ENJOY doing

#14 Posted by Kush (9089 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"console shooter as in exclusively console? but but but the halo :("
Well Halo technically went to PC...and even Mac :P
#15 Posted by crunchUK (6052 posts) -
Kush said:
"crunchUK said:
"console shooter as in exclusively console? but but but the halo :("
Well Halo technically went to PC...and even Mac :P"
yeah  but unlike say, bioshock it was PORTED to PC not developed side by side or ported to coonsole
#16 Posted by BiggerBomb (7011 posts) -

I've never been a fan of the Time Splitters series...

#17 Posted by Kush (9089 posts) -
crunchUK said:
"Kush said: yeah  but unlike say, bioshock it was PORTED to PC not developed side by side or ported to coonsole"
Either way, I still wouldn't choose Halo over Timesplitters 2 or other console FPS games either. Which makes me think...I may actually pick The Darkness over Timesplitters 2 for best console-only FPS game.
#18 Posted by pause422 (6343 posts) -

Can't really say atm what my 'favorite console shooter ever' would be ..but TS2 is definitely up there. Sigh@your comment crunch, made me think about that again....I liked bioshock, but it was very...not gonna get in to this, but I want system shock 3.

#19 Posted by ltcoljaxson (1204 posts) -

Yeah this game is great for offline multiplayer.

But I think my favourite FPS of all time is Half-Life 1 (I played it on PC, but it is on consoles too).

#20 Posted by ZombieJesus (252 posts) -

I have fond memories of playing flame tag in my created level as the monkey. Good times.

#21 Posted by crunchUK (6052 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Can't really say atm what my 'favorite console shooter ever' would be ..but TS2 is definitely up there. Sigh@your comment crunch, made me think about that again....I liked bioshock, but it was very...not gonna get in to this, but I want system shock 3."
elitism. you're full of it
#22 Posted by drsalvador (123 posts) -

Yes my favourite ever

#23 Posted by myalt22 (96 posts) -
@Vinchenzo:  I remember shitting myself when theres only a few humans left and your running down a corridor than you hear that noise...
#24 Posted by Hizang (9358 posts) -

I really have an urge to go and play this game, I never made it all the way to the end of the Arcade challenges on the last difficulty, I would love to 100% this game!

#25 Posted by Vinny_Says (5914 posts) -

Like exclusive? Halo CE

otherwise, it's a tie between BIA Road to Hill 30 and CoD 4 (singleplayer on both)

#26 Posted by JJGIANT (884 posts) -

Oh man does anybody remember the the virus mode on the hangar level. You could just stand at the back of it and see hordes of infected charging towards you. Loved it!

#27 Posted by Sooty (8193 posts) -

My favourite console shooter is Rainbow Six 3, that was really great online.

I realise it's available as Raven Shield on PC but that version is a fair bit different.

#29 Posted by Daveyo520 (7766 posts) -

no

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.