Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TimeSplitters

Franchise »

A sci-fi/comedy franchise of first-person shooters developed by the now defunct Free Radical Design. Its current status is undetermined.

Free Radical run platform poll for TimeSplitters 4

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By giyanks22

Supposedly Free Radical is developing Battlefront 3

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I dont want to see it, Time splitters series was a bad series free radical was a one trick poney they tried to over and over and over and over copy the formula and sales of golden eye and never managed to do it.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan
    It's good to hear some more news on this, I loved Timesplitters 2 and 3.

Xbox 360 has my vote (more power and whatnot), but it'd be great to play the game with Wii controls.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    RESULTS:

Following the recent Free Radical Design user poll to see which system should get the new TimeSplitters 4, the UK developer now wants to know what gamers want on Wii in general.

The majority of people (46%) that responded to a past poll pointed out that they valued the'Huge multiplayer options'found in previous TimeSplitters entries, with 18% stating they thought the 'Great single player story' was vital to the series. As for TimeSplitters 4, after shooting into a strong lead initially, Wii, despite eventually retaining its No.1 position, only just managed to scrape ahead of the PS3 for the favoured console that Free Radical's new game should be on. Wii achieved 36% of the votes, with PS3 on 35%, Xbox 360 on 22% and PC 5%, whilst 2% of people wanted something different to be made.

Now a new poll related directly to Wii has been listed, as follows:

Coming up on the Wii, I want to see:

•      More regular games like on other consoles;
    •      More games using different peripherals like the Balance Board;
    •     More short, 'pick up and play' games;
    •     Nothing. I'm bored of Wii.

Poll: http://www.frd.co.uk/poll.php

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SpinCookie

Timesplitters 4 on Wii all the way, and more regular games on Wii, also all the way.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SpinCookie said:
    "Timesplitters 4 on Wii all the way, and more regular games on Wii, also all the way."

Well on the evidence of the results I doubt the slim margin of victory is enough, it will likely be 360 and PS3 when it does turn up. It's a shame but no big deal at all if they can still cater to the Wii audience with something down the line.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By samcotts

If it does become a Wii exclusive, I think I will cry, though it is highly unlikely that it will fortunatley. I love the Timesplitters series and can't for Timesplitters 4, and I don't want it wasted on the Wii, I want a proper Timesplitters game.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By keyhunter

Shuck' howdy pardna! I haven't been this underwhelmed since HAZE!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Man HAZE was some dire crap. The lead designer who worked on that game was a really annoying guy, like Cliffy B on steroids annoying, probably the most annoying guy I have bared witness to that works in the industry.

With every new game there is a chance to redeem, or disappoint, hopefully with TS4 on the 360 and PS3 it wont let fans down.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hope that Timesplitters 4 comes to Wii with the same splitscreen options. So few Wii shooters have splitscreen!

I'm surprised the polls went for Wii. That's what I would have went for, but wow.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Urgh. Make sure it's on the PS3 or 360. I want a proper sequel not 'Waggle the Wiimote to make Harry Tipper dance!'

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Emilio

TimeSplitters 2 was a blast on the Cube. I wouldn't mind if it was Wii exclusive, but I'm sure it'll be a 360/PS3 game.
    I mean, I really don't see what the power of the 360/PS3 will do to make the game any different from every other FPS on those platforms.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Emilio said:
    "TimeSplitters 2 was a blast on the Cube. I wouldn't mind if it was Wii exclusive, but I'm sure it'll be a 360/PS3 game.
    I mean, I really don't see what the power of the 360/PS3 will do to make the game any different from every other FPS on those platforms."
    What about how TimeSplitters 2 was different from Halo and all the other FPSs on the Xbox, PS2 and whatever was on the GameCube? Adding motion controls doens't suddenly make a game different, good design does and that's what Free Radical were great at with the first three games.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    samcotts said:
    "If it does become a Wii exclusive, I think I will cry, though it is highly unlikely that it will fortunatley. I love the Timesplitters series and can't for Timesplitters 4, and I don't want it wasted on the Wii, I want a proper Timesplitters game."
    You know, comments like this make me point back to all the people that complain about how the Wii doesn't have any "real" games...and then they bitch about it...and yet comments like these are the reason why "real" games don't get developed on the console.
    Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it being a Wii-exclusive, just so Free Radical can show people the power of a shooter on the console.
    Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Yit

SNES and Dreamcast.

bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By bjorno
    Yit said:
    "SNES and Dreamcast."
    At least those two are more powerful than the wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.