Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiny Tina

Character » appears in 5 games

Tiny Tina is a character in Borderlands 2.

Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina?

• 122 results
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Poll Real talk, what are you feelings about Tiny Tina? (548 votes)

I find her enjoyable/entertaining 26%
    I am largely indifferent to her 34%
    I find her genuinely off-putting 41%

Ever since Borderlands 2 came out, every thread about the game has eventually devolved into a lot of Tiny Tina bashing. With the new, Tiny Tina focused DLC on the way, I can't help but wonder if the people turned off by her are actually an incredibly vocal minority, or if Gearbox is making a huge mistake and leaving a ton of potential money on the table by focusing the final expansion on this divisive character.

Personally, I found her enjoyable in the occasional chuckle/wry smile kind of way that I appreciate most Borderlands humor.

• 
    stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

REAL TALK: her jokes just weren't very funny

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Like most characters in Borderlands 2, she is bad.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I really really hate her.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I found her very frequently annoying, and found nothing entertaining about her in any way. I will not be playing this DLC.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

She's ridiculously stupid and funny, the same as almost every other character in BL2.

I think one the main reasons Gearbox chose to focus on her for a DLC is because she IS such a popular character. GB is the only place I've seen any significant amount of hate for her.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't mind her. Like the rest of the game, it's rarely laugh out loud funny but it's not that bad.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

She can be funny sometimes. Some jokes fall flat, just like most of the characters in Borderlands 2, but they're so rapid fire that it typically doesn't matter. I don't understand the vehement hate for her.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I don't despise her or anything, but I just never found her to be all that funny. And yet I'm one of the few who does think Borderlands 2 is more often than not pretty funny -- dumb Badass rank titles notwithstanding. Handsome Jack in particular could totally get a chuckle out of me here and there. Scooter was the only character in that game that I thought was just plain annoying and not funny in the slightest.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's fine. Gearbox have made far worse mistakes than focusing on her for the last expansion.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I watch Hey Ash Whatcha Playin', so I'm probably kinda biased. I think she's fine, though yeah, her lines are pretty dumb.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost nothing about that game struck me as genuinely funny. She's just the most abrasive in a long series of jokes that fall flat. She kind of sums up the mentality of the game in a weird way; shout loud enough, long enough, and repeat yourself enough, and eventually something is bound to make an impact. Unfortunately it all comes off as lazy - and more damning - boring.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stryker1121

She's OK - the character is actually a bit interesting considering her tragic background. I don't find her particularly funny, but I'd play the DLC. BL2's writing overall was pretty good, and delivered four or five belly laughs in my experience.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I could not stand her, she just had obnoxious lines and an almost abrasive voice/tone

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I found her annoying, but then again I found all the writing and voice-acting in the game off-putting...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think she's funny.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JasonR86

She's awful.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

She's an obnoxious character that only exists because of nepotism.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't hate her but she is by far the worst character. I really enjoyed Borderlands 2 but the idea of her narrating an entire DLC is the worst.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's the worst of a bad bunch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@hailinel said:

Do you feel as if she was not going to play the role that Anthony Burch would have written the character differently?

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Annoying in a lovable way, like a little sister. There are worse characters in that game.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not care for her.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

Do you feel as if she was not going to play the role that Anthony Burch would have written the character differently?

I feel that Anthony wrote the part with his sister's performance in mind, so yes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@hailinel said:

@brodehouse said:

@hailinel said:

I feel that Anthony wrote the part with his sister's performance in mind, so yes.

They basically said as much on GTTV during E3 when they were getting interviewed on the stage about The new DLC.

Dracomaster01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it hilarious how much one of my friends hated her when we played. So I like her in that way, but overall, she's ok.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is fine, as are all characters in BL2. I don't understand why people on this site hate them so much. Tbh, I suspect it has something to do with the "follow the giantbomb crew" mentality that happens here quite often.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EchoEcho

I didn't generally have a problem with the writing or acting in the game, and I didn't even have a problem with the writing for Tiny Tina -- but her delivery was absolutely atrocious to the point of sucking any potential humor out of the character. The fact that I could see the potential in the writing for the character just made it all the more annoying that it was ruined so completely.

That said, I could probably tolerate her enough to play through what looks like an interesting piece of DLC.

@starvinggamer: Keep in mind that Claptrap was an extremely divisive character as well, but that didn't stop Gearbox from gleefully focusing the last DLC for Borderlands around him. So it's entirely possible they're well aware of Tiny Tina's divisive nature and are willing to stand behind the character, same as they were with Claptrap, even if they lose some sales in the process.

Besides, I have to imagine they already made a lot of their money upfront with the Season Pass from people who won't play it, so they have less to lose this time around.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's fine. The blood-red hate I've seen for her puzzles me. I don't know why you'd let yourself be so bothered over a character that doesn't actually exist.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only character I like in Borderlands 2 was Handsome Jack and that was only because of his VA

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurahack: Well, for one, real or not, if someone's primary issue with the character is the delivery -- as in the voice acting -- then just having to listen to her is going to be really annoying.

Even that aside, though: in general, characters are usually designed to evoke some kind of a reaction from people, so it's not any weirder for someone to be bothered by a fake character than it is for them to really like one.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rtslord said:

I could not stand her, she just had obnoxious lines and an almost abrasive voice/tone

@hailinel said:

This. Fuck Tiny Tina.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more often disliking her character than liking it.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@recspec said:

Annoying in a lovable way, like a little sister. There are worse characters in that game.

My thoughts exactly.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By YOU_DIED

Pretty annoying

InsaneMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found her annoying, but tolerable.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is fine, as are all characters in BL2. I don't understand why people on this site hate them so much. Tbh, I suspect it has something to do with the "follow the giantbomb crew" mentality that happens here quite often.

I hate when people on the site use that defense, I mean sure the giantbomb guys obviously have influential opinions because well that's kind of the basis of their job, but it's not like this site holds them up as some sort of perfect messiahs (sometimes comments on the videos can even get quite vicious towards them) and there are generally a pretty diverse range of opinions on the boards (just look at the forums for Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us to see the variety to name recent examples)

People just have different tastes in humour, honestly I quite enjoyed the episodes of Hey Ash Whatcha' Playin I've seen but don't enjoy the character particularly. It seems a lot of it just sort of stems from that most of the jokes are she's a little girl but she's all violent and crazy without much more depth to her in terms of humour at least, I just find it all a little grating.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes she was funny, sometimes she wasn't. I didn't ever dislike her, though.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I found her amusing, but concede that I have a terrible sense of humour and a poor attitude towards children.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#39 FinalDasa  Moderator

Didn't care. She just was another quest giver to me within the universe and I was surprised at the negativity she got. She was in maybe 5-8 quests? Even if you did hate her she was gone as quickly as she showed up.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like her in the main game. She's even better when she was paired with Moxxi and Torgue in the DLC. They had some great interactions.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

THE WORST

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indifference. She's there, I deal with it and move on with my life.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed her character. Dumb, dark twisted sense of humor and I got quite a few chuckles out of her psychotic personality.

I can see why she (and quite a bit of the humor) can be grating for others though.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

She was a bit annoying, but I found her to be more of a symptom of the shitty quality of the humour in the game, rather than a cause

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Tennmuerti

This is not going to be an unbiased poll, for reasons already mentioned by others and in other threads/comments. Overall opinion on TT is generally more positive elsewhere.

Secondly we already had a very very big thread with people discussing why they liked or disliked the character. http://www.giantbomb.com/borderlands-2/3030-36055/forums/tiny-tina-sucks-561202/#212

So i don't really feel like repeating myself again except to say that a lot of people only look at TT on the surface layer and instantly dismiss quite a well constructed character as a collection of dumb jokes, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

In the comments on the trailer, several people were accusing those that hated her of "jumping on the GB hate train because everyone else hates her".

Ugh. No. The thread about the game's bad humor was a distant memory when I played Borderlands 2, so that's not what I was thinking about when I got to her. I came up with an opinion of her pretty independent of GB, and it's a very low opinion of the character. Thankfully, she's not a major character in the game, but she is the worst character in a game full of bad characters and writing. When a character is so bad that she makes the rest of the characters in a badly-written game seem OK, then something has gone horribly wrong. I wound up turning the dialogue all the way down during her missions. I'd rather just play Colonial Marines or go get kicked in the balls by a racing horse.

So, yeah, I think she's definitely a mark against the game, though again she's not in it for long so by herself, she doesn't make the game bad.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuuuuuucking terrible.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I really enjoyed her parts in Borderlands 2. Then again I am a huge fan of Hey Ashe Whatcha' Playin'. When you really break down the dialog in her jokes they're not that funny, but the way the character looks, Tiny Tina's overall insane personality, and the delivery with her voice makes her a memorable character to me.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Tennmuerti

@believer258 said:

In the comments on the trailer, several people were accusing those that hated her of "jumping on the GB hate train because everyone else hates her".

That is not quite how I put it. Changing a few key words really twists the meaning of what was actually said and meant. Secondly general opinion =/= individual opinion. It's quite valid to have your own independent reasons for disliking the character. Which was mentioned in that very same post.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I went to a Hey Ash, Watcha Playin'? panel at the ScrewAttack Gaming Convention last night. Ashley Burch, of course, being the voice of Tiny Tina. There were a lot of requests from the sizable Dallas crowd asking her to do Tiny Tina quotes.

All that to say: I think she might have more fans than it seems from the standard forum topics.

I'm personally indifferent. I don't think she's super funny but I don't find her off-putting either. Heck, I feel that way about Claptrap a lot, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.