Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titan Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 26, 2006

Titan Quest is an Action-RPG set in ancient Greece, Egypt, and Asia filled with creatures and characters from both history and myth. The gameplay is heavily reminiscent of the Diablo series.

Awesome

CaleShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CaleShepard

Honestly, this is one of my all-time favorite computer games ... ever

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stevokenevo

just started playing it.  feels like a mix between diablo and WoW so far.  Although i didnt like WoW, im enjoying this game so far.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zebadee

Hmmm, I am gonna download the demo on steam. I saw it on there before and thought "meh", but since someone has said they like it I will give the demo a shot.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stevokenevo

Let us know how it goes.  I downloaded the demo first aswell.  Its a game that is at least gonna stop me from replaying diablo 2 for about the 8th time.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By demonbear

Seriously this game deserves more attention. It's probably the best thing you can play on a pc while waiting for Diablo 3 in that category.

Im replaying it right now and for 20$ on steam for the game and it's expansion its a great deal.

You liked Diablo 2? You want diablo 3 and can't have it? Play that. Awesome game indeed, Iron Lore made a great product.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zebadee

I decided to buy it and i'm not disappointed :)

It's really addictive and the online play looks awesome, I need to get my character to a higher level first before joining people.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stevokenevo

let us know when you are going online.  i havent gone online yet. still ploughing through the early part of the game.  lvl 11 so far and ive got to say im totally hooked atm.

note: i also like the change of scenery from diablo (as well as the more vibrant colours!  haha)

CaleShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By CaleShepard

I was in the middle of playing it on the hardest difficulty when I took a break (Nature/Hunting) ...  although if you are wondering Iron Lore disbanded so there will not be another game, ever : (

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stevokenevo

i just found the editor in the files:  think its time for me to try some modding.  There may not be another game but has anyone made or played any good mods of this game?

Fade2Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Fade2Gray

There's a major class mod that adds something like eight new classes to the game (actually it replaces them, so if you have the mod running you can't use the old classes with the new ones). Let me go find it... Here it is. It's called simply enough the Masteries Mod. Never played it myself so i have no idea how good it is, though I can easily imagine that there are likely significant balancing issues.

As for the thread topic. I'm going to commit sacrilege and say that I think this game is better than, wait for it, Diablo II. *hunkers down as storm of indignant outrage blows over* I love Diablo but the game feels very dated now. I know it's the game that every one compares every Action RPG to, but I think the community as a whole has developed this wired romanticised perception of the game informed more by nostolgia than objective comparison. There have been some significant advancement's in the genre over the past decade, many of which are present in TQ. I'll also add that I think that TQ has the best class system out there in ANY action RPG, period (which may explain why I'm so sceptical of the mod I mentioned above).

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stevokenevo

sounds good.  once i complete the game through ill look into it. 

also, ill agree with you on the diablo II front.  I was playing Diablo II again for about the fourth time through with a new class and was definately enjoying the nostalgia of the game.  however since picking up TQ i havent gone back to it.  Im really enjoying the contrasting theme this game offers compared to Diablo.

In terms of the class system, i cant decide which i prefer.  there are more actual active abilities in diablo, yet the actual structure of the TQ skill trees seems to make the game more interesting.  I guess it just comes down to personal opinion on that front.

ZzzleapyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZzzleapyGuy

Aww... Why do i have to have a crap computer? This game sems to be epic =(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.