Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titan Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 26, 2006

Titan Quest is an Action-RPG set in ancient Greece, Egypt, and Asia filled with creatures and characters from both history and myth. The gameplay is heavily reminiscent of the Diablo series.

THQ Nordic Drops Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Today (Previous Owners Get It For Free!)

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LtTibbles

You can find the link here.

https://thqnordic.com/article/children-women-men-gods-monsters-and-titans-heads-we-have-something-free

Vienna (Austria), August 31st: THQ Nordic releases a surprise title on Steam calledTitan Quest Anniversary Edition for the game’s 10-year-anniversary and gifts the game to everyone calling either Titan Quest, Titan Quest: Immortal Throne or Titan Quest Gold their own on Steam. So, in numbers, more than 1 million people will automatically find the game in their library starting today.

As a big fan of TQ this was a very welcome surprise hopefully it'll rejuvinate the multiplayer, at least for a while.

*Edit* Anniversary Edition is also 75% off on Steam as well for those of you that missed this game the first time around.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah it is definitely in my library. Good timing too as I was just about to load up Dragon Age: Inquisition out of boredom.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I love that THQ Nordic has come back to support this game. They recognize how much people love and still care about this game. I could only hope that they will make a sequel at some point.

Until that point, though, Grim Dawn fulfills my "sequel" needs pretty well.

I'm going to have to redownload this and check out the differences. I've played it so much with a ton of mods that I can't even remember what the base game is even like.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is cool as hell. If you like Diablo, play this game.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Awesome. I own this game, played it for a few minutes, thought it was cool, then walked away.

For 10 years.

Now, perhaps, I shall return. Has anyone played this Anni Edition yet? How is it?

Edit: Has anyone read Nordic's blog before? It's actually pretty fantastic. Re: Sense of humour.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@geraltitude: I've only put an hour in (level 5) but so far the only thing I've noticed are some balance changes. I can remember having to grind for ages in the original game to be strong enough to defeat the first proper boss but this time I did it at level 2.

What a great game, and still looking fresh.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the CD version, bastards.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking rad, I'm downloading it now

Me too, but I remember buying TQ and IT on some Steam sale years ago for like $2.49 just so I could have it in my Steam library and not have to worry about the discs anymore. Who's laughing now, suckers?!?!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

1.261 changes isn't a lot. I kid, I kid.

Thanks for the heads up!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Happy birthday Titan Quest! I might actually start you up soon! I remembered seeing the game in the store and thinking it looked cool, but also thought i had a similar game already in Diablo 2.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Did they change it to be Diablo 3? Maybe I'll reDL it

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By NeoCalypso

This is pretty cool. Titan Quest has always been the game imo that has come the closest to matching Diablo games in terms of quality and good feeling combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will never not be FUCKING weird seeing the name "THQ Nordic"

But this is cool. Glad they are doing stuff to their IPs. PLEASE MAKE DARKSIDERS 3

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought it cause i love grim dawn, hopefully i can get a good config with my steam controller for it though. How are the resolutions and UI scaling?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It's on GOG now, too.

But ya. The original Titan Quest was one of the best Diablo II clones. It's worth the price.

I may check out this remaster since I get it for free. The only problem I ever had with the original was some minor graphical glitches.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats what you get for staying conservative and not embracing the new world order.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Fantastic that you get it for free, popped up for me.

May revisit it again in the future, its a real neat game.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I really liked TQ, a lot more than Diablo 2. But I don't know how it will be after having played Diablo 3. Also TQ was maybe the most unbalanced game I've played with some classes being OP and some really weak. I wonder if they fixed that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ajamafalous: Damn you!

It's 5 bucks but I'm such an asshole I might not buy it out of spite. Come on future humble bundle.

@atwa Definitely the second best ARPG of all time and certainly the most well supported by its modding community, now with more multiplayer options and silly resolutions. Hopefully x10 or x20 monsters works instead of just x4, 20 last bosses at once > 3 last bosses at once.

@dagas Dream completely obliterates every enemy in the game except the last boss of the expansion who randomly has super high resistance to it.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dagas Dream completely obliterates every enemy in the game except the last boss of the expansion who randomly has super high resistance to it.

Er is that with all the new balance changes because the game is supposedly quite different from the original in terms of balance.

Bought it cause i love grim dawn, hopefully i can get a good config with my steam controller for it though. How are the resolutions and UI scaling?

It's got 4k support and some limited UI scaling options(basically you choose between small/medium/large size UI) but I've heard people complaining that at 4k even the large UI is too small.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.