Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Loads of new free DLC announced / teased, including new maps, a new Titan, and the return of Frontier Defense

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/titanfall-2/news/frontier-news-network-13

Confirmed content, to be released sometime between now and June:

• 2 more general multiplayer maps - Glitch (a new map) and Relic - (a Titanfall 1 map)
    • 2 more Live Fire Maps - Traffic and Deck
    • A new Titan
    • Two more purchasable Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone.
    • Gen cap increase to 100
    • Expanded Private Match settings including the addition of Live Fire and Coliseum to the selectable modes
    • A new Faction
    • Marked for Death game mode
    • More Pilot executions
    • Addition refinements to matchmaking like estimated wait time and more
    • More purchasable camos, skins, etc. from the store
    • And more!

And it doesn't take much of an imagination to take a guess what "and more" should end up being. In the teaser image that they've released, you can see an image of both the Titanfall 1 map War Games, and a Harvester from the Frontier Defense mode that was added to Titanfall 1.

Counting the new Live Fire maps, that means we should expect at least five more maps, one new Titan, and the return of Titanfall's well-recieved players vs environment co-op mode mode.

Great news, all around. Lastly, if you haven't seen it yet, enjoy the latest episode of Titan Toons:

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By DinosaurCanada

There's been lots of leaked info about Frontier Defense having upgradeable tacticals including three of them in action. S W O R D S

Loading Video...

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

damn i need to start this game up again.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

This is all great, but I wonder if this is just too little too late. I hope people come back to play this.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The new map looks like a lot of fun. The DLC will also include a new Live Fire map, and will be available on the 25th of this month.

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

While some people seem to hate on Titanfall 2 as getting away from the roots of the original game (something I honestly don't have a problem with) this live fire mode is the one thing where I might say that it actually is getting away from what makes Titanfall 2 great. It's not just good movement, it's the whole package of movement, maps and mechs. So it's kind of a bummer for me personally that they seem to be concentrating on making Live Fire a thing going forward, but hey for those that enjoy it this is good news.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@colonel_pockets said:

This is all great, but I wonder if this is just too little too late. I hope people come back to play this.

Yeeeeeeup.

Frontier Defense was arguably one of the best things about the original Titanfall, despite seeing release long after that game's most populated days. It's unfortunate and a little baffling that Titanfall 2 looks primed to make the same mistake. One or two new maps here or there, that's all great. But Frontier Defense is a gametype handcrafted to welcome new/inexperienced/non-competitive players into the fold. And that's exactly the sort of thing this game has desperately needed.

As someone with no experience planning content release strategies--but as someone who wants an excuse to play more Titanfall--waiting until mid-summer (at earliest) to launch a major addition for an already-anemic population feels like a misjudgment.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By gundogan

@humanity: at least they seem to be smart enough to include objective gamemodes in Live Fire / pilots vs pilots combat. Just TDM combat is not fun with only pilots.

But yea, I like the game more with pilots AND titans, not just one of them.

New map looks good btw!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Got back into Titanfall 2 lately after hitting max level and feeling a little burnt out on non-stop Attrition matches. Respawn have made some smart changes lately, and given the DLC is free I couldn't be more excited for this next one to hit. The player numbers in this region seems to have spiked, and although the pilots vs pilot modes are not my favourite, the ability to disable certain modes from your mix tape search is really effective. Personally the variety is welcome after Attrition was the only mode with active players before the previous patch and I can't wait a proper new map to keep things fresh.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By OldManLight

i need to dust off my copy to play the campaign again or get back to EPG'ing people in the face. Great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.