Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

New Frontier Defense co-op mode, new map, new titan abilities and progression, free weekend July 28-30, $20 PSN sale

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield

NEW MODE: FRONTIER DEFENSE!

• Co-op 4 player mode.
    • Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
    • Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
    • Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
    • There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
    • New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
      • Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
    • New, challenging enemy types to battle.
    • 5 maps supported at launch
      • Homestead
      • Forwardbase Kodai
      • War Games
      • Rise
      • Blackwater Canal
      • We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
    • We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch.

MAP: RISE

Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.

LIVE FIRE MAP: TOWNSHIP

A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.

NEW PURCHASABLE CONTENT

In this DLC we’ll be introducing new Elite Warpaints for weapons and Titans that you can buy. These will not only look awesome but also provide XP Boosts. Let’s break them down:

ELITE WARPAINTS FOR WEAPONS [PURCHASABLE]

Each Elite Weapon Warpaint below will give you a chance for double xp just for you and a merit boost for you and your team. These must be owned but do not have to be equipped to earn the boost. They also look pretty awesome. You’ll also be able to purchase these in a bundle for a limited time [bundle sale ends 8.28.2017]

LIMITED EDITION TITAN WARPAINTS FOR FRONTIER DEFENSE [ENDS 8.28.2017]

Each skin will give you and your team an XP boost for Frontier Defense and this boost is stackable. The skin will also have a shoulder piece on the upper arm that will upgrade visually when you complete each difficulty in Frontier Defense.

The warpaints for Titans will be available to buy until 8.28.2017. After that they are gone forever so don’t miss out!

That's a whole lot of free content. Should be fun.

Rocketskates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a shame nobody plays on PC. Not even on the free weekends.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This game is an example of everyone involved doing everything right EXCEPT that EA launched it at the worst possible time, and it killed the thing, and it has never recovered. Titanfall 2 is a very good game. It has a good single player mode, strong multi-player, and has received a ton of post-launch support, which has either been free or cosmetic. They have never given up on it, and are trying to juice attention through free-play weekends and big discounts and...none of it matters. It got crushed at launch between two behemoths and has never really recovered.

I hope they get to make a Titanfall 3. I don't think they can revive this game. I may check this mode out because Frontier Defense was decent in Titanfall 1, but it's a shame that such a solid game from a developer who does the right thing with postgame support got destroyed by something as silly and easy to get right as a release date.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is an example of everyone involved doing everything right EXCEPT that EA launched it at the worst possible time, and it killed the thing, and it has never recovered. Titanfall 2 is a very good game. It has a good single player mode, strong multi-player, and has received a ton of post-launch support, which has either been free or cosmetic. They have never given up on it, and are trying to juice attention through free-play weekends and big discounts and...none of it matters. It got crushed at launch between two behemoths and has never really recovered.

I hope they get to make a Titanfall 3. I don't think they can revive this game. I may check this mode out because Frontier Defense was decent in Titanfall 1, but it's a shame that such a solid game from a developer who does the right thing with postgame support got destroyed by something as silly and easy to get right as a release date.

While there was definitely a mistake made, it might not be as bad as some people have assumed. This was also part of the latest update from Respawn:

Before we go into the details, we’d like to share some exciting news. In the last FNN we mentioned that we’ve currently been seeing over 1 million active users a month. We’re thrilled to update that since the last DLC drop we’ve seen player counts continue to grow month over month which is great to see at this point since release. It’s amazing to see lots of players still engaged with Titanfall 2 and new players coming in all the time. Thank you for the support!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks great. I've a few friends who like the gun play and the action of TF2 but don't like playing the PVP elements of it because they're not very good at it. This PVE mode is perfect for them.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if nickel and diming for the DLC would have somehow made it more popular.

Worked for Evolve amirite?!

Maybe we should organize a PC get together. I would be game even if I would be at the very bottom for every match. Game looks fresh on PC, yo.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

This looks great! Can't wait to get into it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Finally.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Nice. I still play this game once or twice a week. Damn shame EA released the game when they did.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At last. I can't play the regular multiplayer, so I'm excited to finally get more than four hours out of this game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full game's on sale in the PSN Store too, at least over in EU. Going for 20€

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Those new camos look sick

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an anime mode where I can become friends with my mech

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just need this to not be on Orgins.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By mike

Looks great, I'm installing Titanfall 2 on PC now after only ever playing the campaign. The PVP never interested me but I love some horde mode. Pretty much the only PVP I've even touched for the last couple of months has been PUBG and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but a co-op shooter sounds pretty good on the side.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@bigsocrates said:

While there was definitely a mistake made, it might not be as bad as some people have assumed. This was also part of the latest update from Respawn:

Before we go into the details, we’d like to share some exciting news. In the last FNN we mentioned that we’ve currently been seeing over 1 million active users a month. We’re thrilled to update that since the last DLC drop we’ve seen player counts continue to grow month over month which is great to see at this point since release. It’s amazing to see lots of players still engaged with Titanfall 2 and new players coming in all the time. Thank you for the support!

A million a month is definitely surprising, but the whole "the game is dead" thing has been so blown out of proportion for sure. I've played the game for months after release and have played every new update, and I never have to wait more than 15 seconds to get into a match on PS4.

Plenty of people still play Titanfall 2.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

Full game's on sale in the PSN Store too, at least over in EU. Going for 20€

The same is now true for the US. The digital version can be purchased right now for $20.

The update was released yesterday, and it's quite good. For those intimidated at the thought of jumping into the competitive multiplayer of a FPS game that has been out for months, this is a fantastic way to learn the game while not getting stomped by PVP veterans. And for people who have played a lot of PVP, it's still really fun to play in co-op for a change, and to use all the new Titan upgrades.

What does everyone else think of the new mode?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Co-op! I'll resinstall this on PS4 sometime to try this out.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DinosaurCanada

Its pretty fun! I like how titan comp matters more. I wish nuke rodeo was in PVP, it feels badass

also, I never joined a match at beginning, out of the 15-20 matches I played 100% of them were join in progress. Not sure if that's actually weird or anything.

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought this game since I never got to play the first one and thought it looked like so much fun. Ill still hop in and play a few rounds every now and then. Its also one of those games that I couldn't get my friends into so I played with a bunch of fellow Bombers and had an amazing time! looking forward to horde mode.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By rorie

If anyone is interested in playing some on Origin, feel free to friend me: username Frailgesture. I might try playing some on UPF; we'll see!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got around to playing a couple rounds of this last night. I like it for the most part. The new Titan upgrade paths are insane.

It is VERY focused on Titan Combat, which a lot of people might take or leave. The Amped Weapons boost helps make Pilots more effective against Titans (by the end of my session I was opting to go Auto-Titan to spread across the playing field). But, ultimately, if you like the close combat shooting, there is very little for you to do in Frontier Defense.

My play session last night featured one recurring theme: team quitting.

The moment Nuke Titans get anywhere near the Harvester, teammates start dropping like flies. And the game doesn't backfill in this mode (for good reason, probably), which ends up punishing the players who stay and see the match to its conclusion. It's a bit frustrating.

--

It's a cool mode, for sure. But I maintain the game really needed this mode sooner. The wait for Frontier Defense gave me enough time to tire of the PVP and move on. It really was a labor to get back into the mood to play more Titanfall, especially with more recent games gobbling up my free time. But I'm glad the co-op mode we deserve is finally here.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BoccKob

@inevpatoria: It does backfill. I've seen people join on different waves and I've joined a game at the end of the final wave. Unless it changes based on difficulty setting. I've been playing on easy until I unlock more stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocckob said:

@inevpatoria: It does backfill. I've seen people join on different waves and I've joined a game at the end of the final wave. Unless it changes based on difficulty setting. I've been playing on easy until I unlock more stuff.

Huh. Maybe I was having some networking conflicts or something was happening serverside. Literally had three consecutive games of three or fewer players.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DinosaurCanada

@inevpatoria: literally the ONLY times I've played this are on backfill. I haven't played an entire game of it yet. its honestly getting pretty annoying. Feels like if you decide to play alone that's your only option

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27  Edited By mike

@dinosaurcanada said:

@inevpatoria: literally the ONLY times I've played this are on backfill. I haven't played an entire game of it yet. its honestly getting pretty annoying. Feels like if you decide to play alone that's your only option

Played about 10 rounds of solo queue Frontier Defense so far on PC. Backfilled once. However, I did get that Wargames map six times in a row.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoccKob

@mike: The map cycling is weird. I thought there was only one at first after getting it a few times, then a second one appeared. After about nine hours of Frontier Defense, I just saw a fourth map for the first time.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I've just been lucky or something. My first five matches, which were played at all different times, were each on one of the five different maps. I've also solo queued about four times now, and I've always started at the very beginning of a game. I don't expect that to last, but I'm happy I've been able to see each of the maps and play some full games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yuck. I feel like this problem is only going to get worse, too, as the initial rush of players drift away.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Everytime I say, okay that's it I think I had enough co-op for today, I find my finger uncontrollably pressing triangle button to "machmake now". Then, I'm like i'm not going to leave my teammates now I'm in a match.

Yeah, it is not that it is so god damn fun!

My only criticism about it is that you can't choose which level to play and I find myself replaying levels I have just beaten which is kind of a bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.