Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 - Available Now: FREE campaign trial

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

[edit] I'm reusing this thread, because the EA Play event that's going on just made Origin and many PS4 trials available for everyone, until June 18th.

This means for a limited time, free access to EA Access Vault titles on Xbox One for Xbox Live Gold members*, free access to Origin Access on PC**, and, on PlayStation 4, free game trials of Madden NFL 17, FIFA 17, TitanFall™ 2, EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2 and Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2 are available June 10 - June 18.*** In addition, PlayStation 4 players who already own Star Wars™ Battlefront can also play all premium maps and heroes through June 18.

Original thread follows:

Also a new weapon and pilot execution--both free--and some new paid cosmetic DLC, including Legion and Northstar prime Titans.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/

FREE TRIAL

With the launch of Colony Reborn we will also be kicking off another Free Trial weekend that will start on 3/30 and run through 4/3. We got some great feedback from the last trial so this time in addition to having access to full multiplayer, you can also play the Training Gauntlet and the single player mission The Beacon. After the trial the Training Gauntlet and The Beacon will remain free to play in perpetuity.

I really like that they're including a bit of the campaign with the trial version, because playing the campaign can really help new players learn the controls.

Speaking of which, some friendly advice: Use the evolved control scheme, turn hold to crouch on, and raise your FOV setting to at least 90.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

The new executions are fuckin raw. Keeping up the high standards for execution-style murders in this game

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

My days off are Wednesday and Thursday... so hopefully, they put it up early on Thursday. Otherwise, this'll be the worst possibly timing for me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not DOUBLE Exp?

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Prime Northstar, finally! Sadly it may be too late. The PC community seemed almost dead in my region when I stopped playing a couple of months back. I doubt this is enough content to increase player count.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

That new Northstar execution is pretty great. Unfortunately, I think it'll take more than one new map for me to play Titanfall 2 regularly again.

@spaceinsomniac You play on PS4, right? What's the player count down to on a weeknight these days?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be perfectly honest I would still be playing Titantfall 2 multiplayer regularly if there weren't so many great games being released. I still love that game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @arbitrarywater said:

That new Northstar execution is pretty great. Unfortunately, I think it'll take more than one new map for me to play Titanfall 2 regularly again.

@spaceinsomniac You play on PS4, right? What's the player count down to on a weeknight these days?

No idea, but I've never had issues getting into a game, so I don't care too much. It's hard to tell, really, because they only tell you how many people are playing in your data center. But there are always plenty of people playing Attrition, and that's the mode I enjoy most. I might be matched against the same group several times when playing Last Titan Standing or Live Fire, but I can still always get in a game.

I still play all the time--usually at least two or three nights a week--but a lot of that is due to finding a group of players to join up with. Playing LTS in a party of five people is quite fun.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i should go back but ill probably be murdered even harder by those still playing it. plus isnt it rife with cheaters on all platforms now?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i should go back but ill probably be murdered even harder by those still playing it. plus isnt it rife with cheaters on all platforms now?

Not even close. I've played the PS4 version for months now, and I can't remember ever running into someone cheating. Try the trial on the 30th and see for yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

plus isnt it rife with cheaters on all platforms now?

Nah.

The meta has skewed slightly in favor of zone control, and when an entire team summons all six of their Titans in unison it is extremely hard to fight back (which A) makes sense and B) is not as much of a problem if you have people you can communicate with). But there isn't straight-up cheating going on.

You are bound to run into savages, though.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: i have it and quite love it despite generally sucking. need to start playing again.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Did they ever add first person Titan entry? Or a game mode that changes the shield mechanic back to how the first game handled it (yah know... like a normal game)?

This probably sounds dumb, but making Titan entry 3rd person really put me off to this game. Seemed like a major step backwards and took me out of the "yo I just got into a giant mech and am going to fuck shit up now" moment.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

you dont get many cheaters on ps4 in general i dont think the onestill great thing about consoles is the relatively low amount of cheating of course it happens once ina while but not as incredibly prevalent and oftenuncontrolled as its on pc

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer said:

Did they ever add first person Titan entry? Or a game mode that changes the shield mechanic back to how the first game handled it (yah know... like a normal game)?

This probably sounds dumb, but making Titan entry 3rd person really put me off to this game. Seemed like a major step backwards and took me out of the "yo I just got into a giant mech and am going to fuck shit up now" moment.

They never added first-person Titan entry, but they probably should add it as an option, seeing as how many people miss it.

The new shield mechanic is fine, though. The first game required you to frequently leave your titan whenever an enemy was on your back. This system is a much better way of handling that issue, and it promotes teamwork.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The free multiplayer weekend is now available. You can also play a bit of the campaign.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cerberus3dog

Man, I feel a little shocked by how great this game feels when you play it. I'm a little ashamed that I disregarded it so easily when it came out last fall. I remember not being floored by Titanfall 1 when I picked it up on sale years ago. But this game's controls are brilliant. I just finished the really good mission that is included in the trial. The traversal and shooting all feel super tight and balanced, they heighten the gameplay of each other. Also, the rumble on the xbox controller on PC is some next level shit. It rumbles all the time but it feels natural to the point where it's almost imperceptible when you're playing.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer: I'm with you dude. Every time I fire up TF2 I miss the 1st person animations so goddamn much.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish i liked this game better but it didnt grab me at all. The single player trial interests me but i dont feel like downloading this trial again.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#20  Edited By sammo21

I jumped back into the multiplayer after not touching it for like a month and a half. The game is still fun but I lost a little bit of my muscle memory with it. Still my favorite game of 2017, hands down. I also noticed they added a bunch of new stuff to the store and I feel inclined to buy it and support the game. You can tell the player numbers dropped a bunch. Over the course of a week I wound up in the same game as a few names I recognized more than once, which saddens me. That being said, I get more gratification from TF2 compared to something like Overwatch because in TF2 I don't have a bad time because of crappy teammates...my entire team can blow and I can still be good, contribute, and have a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is probably my swan song with Titanfall 2. The Xbox population has dwindled pretty substantially, the scant amount of post-release content hasn't been relevant to my interest in the game, and each update has made the game more and more unstable on a fundamental level. (I see more and more stuff like this in every match I play--not to mention weird geometry bugs, and the matchmaking system's penchant for dropping into matches-in-progress.)

It was good while it lasted, Titanfall.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Free multiplayer all this week. If you're still interested in the game, check it out.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

It's Soo good!

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Bump.\.... Good to see they brought War Games back from the 1st game. This game is still my go to multiplayer shooter. The new game modes, new titan, and new weapon are all free and there's more coming!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.