Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 FREE mutliplayer weekend: Dec 2nd - 4th - Available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC

• 52 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Poll Titanfall 2 FREE mutliplayer weekend: Dec 2nd - 4th - Available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC (207 votes)

I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I think it's great. 53%
    I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I like it. 11%
    I've already played Titanfall 2 multiplayer, and I didn't care for it. 4%
    I haven't played Titanfall 2 multiplayer yet, but I'll try it this weekend. 21%
    I enjoy multiplayer games, but I'm not interested in Titanfall 2. 7%
    I don't enjoy multiplayer games. I don't even know why I clicked this thread. 5%

[edit] FOV and film grain sliders are being added to the console versions! Patch notes can be found here:

New Features

• Added FOV slider to console, increased FOV maximum to 110 on all platforms.
    • Added Film Grain slider.
    • You can now toggle between having a 2D or 3D style damage indicator in the HUD options.
    • Added a new in-game store to purchase Prime Titans, Titan Art Packs, Callsign Pack, and Camo Pack. Please note, all purchasable items are cosmetic only and do not effect game balance.
    • New setting to adjust aiming/ADS sensitivity separate from hipfire sensitivity.
    • A new set of advanced & optional gamepad settings for fine adjustment of turn speeds, deadzones, response curves, and more.
    • Added Support for EA Access, Origin Access, and free Multiplayer Trials.
    • FAQ added to Multiplayer lobby. Your one-stop shop to learn the basics of Titanfall 2 multiplayer - includes in-game patch notes!
    • Modified matchmaking status display to fit longer text needed for some languages.
    • PC Only - Removed "Insane" texture quality and replaced with "Max". No reduction in visual quality for those with enough VRAM, but will reduce hitches when streaming in textures.
    • Display Callsigns for the top 3 players per match during post match scoreboard.
    • Increased likelihood of finding Nessie easter egg in [redacted] mission that no one has found yet. Or did we?
    • Multiplayer Stats menu added to view player stats history. Please note that stats have been tracked since day 1.

Balance Changes

• Killing Auto Titans will now count towards killing sprees and contribute to towards Camo unlocks.
    • Fixed Bounty Titan scoring in Bounty Hunt.
    • Grapple will now detach after melee hit even if person melee'ed lives.
    • Adjustments to Northstar's Flight Core.
    • Overcore now starts your Titan Core meter at 30%.
    • Adjusted Viper Thrusters so that in addition to moving faster during Flight Core and Northstar now moves faster during Hover as well.
    • Adjusted Scorch’s Tempered Plating damage reduction, and fixed issue with protecting against Fire Wall.
    • Adjusted weighting on map rotations.
    • Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
    • Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
    • Additional balancing to Tone.
    • Titan kills properly award weapon assist stats to assisting players.
    • Tweaked parameters to reduce immediate reuse of spawn zones, but allow reusing them later in the match.
    • Connected a couple of spawn zone pairs in Crashsite.
    • Reduced chances of getting spawn camped.
    • Spawn zones are more fair in Bounty Hunt (equalizes distance to AI camps).
    • Bounty Hunt changes:
      -When an AI kills a player, that AI now receives half of that player's bonus.
      -Center bonus popup now shows bonus gained rather than total bonus
      -Rebalanced point distribution among waves so that second wave has a larger impact on the game overall.
      -Boss titans are now worth 500 points (was 600).
      -Reapers are now worth 100 points (was 50).
      -Stalkers are now worth 30 points (was 25).
      -Score bar now shows team's total unbanked bonus as a yellow portion of the score bar.
      -Modes that do not have Titans (such as Pilots vs Pilots, and Coliseum) no longer display the team titan status bar below their score bars.

WEAPONS

• Flatline - increased far and very far pilot damage
    • Volt - reduced pilot damage
    • R97 - increased pilot damage
    • Spitfire - increased pilot damage
    • L-Star - increased pilot damage
    • Double Take - increased damage
    • EPG - slight increase in splash damage; increased titan damage
    • Thunderbolt - increased pilot and titan direct hit damage

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1001329

So yeah, the free weekend will be going on as the Angel City map becomes available for all players. Good timing. EA Access and Origin Access members can start playing for free tomorrow, November 30th. Everyone else will have to wait until Friday. Angel City will be available on Saturday.

For anyone on PS4 who would like to play together with some fellow Giant Bomb forum members, be sure to join the PS4 Community.

• 
    Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

I might give this is a go but if Titanfall 2 is as huge a download as the first game was I'll be downloading for two days and playing it for one

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@hayt: it's not huge yet but give it a few months with patches and DLC maps and it might get there. I got Titanfall 1 a few months ago when it was on a super huge Origin sale and man.. downloading all those map maps made that one huge download. At least Origin has decent speeds, getting Watch_Dogs 2 from PSN took about a day in suspend mode.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was iffy about Titanfall 2 after some bad times with the first game but I'll give this a shot.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ivdamke

I'll jump in on PC for this. Might end up treating this game like I do CoD, get my fill from free weekends then be done with it.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

Loved the first game but haven't had time to get around to the sequel yet. It being free though, I'll definitely try to hop in for at least a few rounds this weekend.

IcyEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: @hayt: Depends on what your definition of "huge" is. Titanfall 2 is currently 41.8 GB after applying the latest Angel City update (3.58 GB). Titanfall 1 for comparison is 62.8 GB with all DLC installed. These are of course the uncompressed sizes of each game folder after install. I don't know what the exact download sizes are.

Is there no way to preload the game before the free weekend, like I think Steam lets you do?

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Guys this game is amazing please play it

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Hopefully this boosts the player base. It is such a good game.

ryleknuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played thru the single player on XBone. I'm going to check out the multiplayer this weekend.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thanks for the heads up; I might give this a shot on PC

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now there's really no excuse.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great news for the existing fanbase. Surely there will be droves of new players signing up after discovering the pure joy that is Titanfall 2.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice, I hope they keep doing these as they add new content. (like Overwatch seems to be doing) The more new players the better. (and not just because it makes the game easier ;p)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Everybody should download and play this. I mean everybody. I just mailed a letter to my grandmother to go buy a console and download it. That's how serious I am about this.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I've put 5500 kills into titanfall 2s multiplayer in a month, it's simply an amazing game, best shooter I've played in years.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This 110 FOV setting is a game changer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, maybe (probably not.) The only thing I'm interested about this game is the single player and I already got my multiplayer shooter I'm invested in.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had it on PC for a couple weeks and I just bought it for $28 for the XBox. It's really good you should play it.

Adaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Definitely going to try this. Titanfall 1 was such a great game. Thanks for the heads up!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ripelivejam

i don't like the desperation this sorta reeks of, but hopefully they can drum up a playerbase and fans for what is quite literally the greatest game of all time (no hyperbole at all, honest)

@sackmanjones said:

Everybody should download and play this. I mean everybody. I just mailed a letter to my grandmother to go buy a console and download it. That's how serious I am about this.

doing the lords work, duder.

@whatshisface said:

Eh, maybe (probably not.) The only thing I'm interested about this game is the single player and I already got my multiplayer shooter I'm invested in.

THROW YOUR MULTIPLAYER SHOOTER IN THE GARBAGE AND SET THAT GARBAGE ON FIRE

or don't, it's cool

but seriously, do.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an aside I noticed the Titan art packs seem to be more expensive on Xbox One than PS4.

So if you have the option buy that DLC on PS4 or maybe PC? Can any corroborate this since it seems super weird.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icyeyes: I think 60gb games are big but then again Infinite Warfare was like 90gb or something.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be live now, so if you have any interest at all in Titanfall 2 multiplayer, be sure to check it out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I just regenerated today - Titanfall has those unlock hooks in me that I enjoy and which I wasn't getting in Overwatch despite the fun gameplay.

It's free, give it a shot people. I don't think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread but it is pretty fun.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I should check this out. Not great news for the game that I saw today though:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/02/battlefield-1-ruled-digital-sales-on-consoles-in-october-titanfall-2-first-month-revenue-less-than-30-of-the-original/

SuperData has released its revenue stats for the month of October. The report covers digital revenue made on PC, consoles, and mobile. Overall, the entire market brought in $6.7 billion, a 14 percent increase year-over-year.

This is broken down to $628 million on consoles – a 27 percent year-over-year increase – and $592 million for PC, with the biggest jump year-over-year at 78 percent. Civilization 6 had a hand in that, which was expected.

Unsurprisingly, Battlefield 1 was the top-grossing console game during October, and the no.7 title on PC. Earning the best-selling new release status brought it a decent $70 million in revenue on consoles alone, and a $110 million across all platforms. EA previously reported similarly impressive numbers.

Unfortunately, Titanfall 2‘s digital performance didn’t fare that much better than that at retail. The sequel brought only $18 million in digital revenue across all platforms. This is down nearly three-quarters (to 28 percent) from Titanfall 1’s first month revenue, despite releasing on more platforms.

Elsewhere in the report, SuperData said that the boost Legion gave to World of Warcraft’s revenue has started wearing off, amidst a 12 percent drop in revenue for the pay-to-play sector as a whole year-on-year. Free-to-play, on the other hand, has seen a 4 percent growth year-over-year, for a total of $1.5 billion in revenue.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's quite good on PC. 1440p, 90fps on my setup. Makes me wish I got it on PC instead of PS4, except for that the PC version is dead (9000 players a few minutes ago during a free weekend isn't great). Took almost 5 minutes to get a Bounty Hunt match. I'm bummed on many levels.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Kidavenger

Where's the "I want to play but Origin can suck my butt" option?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Anyone know if you need PS+ to play this? seeing if a friend can play before he DL's it only to find out he cant actually play. The legal stuff i found made note of needing Gold for XBL, but no mention of Plus, so my assumption is he should be fine.

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately the sounds kept distorting and stuttering immensely for me on PC both times I tried playing the Attrition mode. Seemed like a pretty cool (multiplayer) shooter otherwise while playing those two lopsided matches.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By big_jon

Play it, it's amazing!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By big_jon

@lego_my_eggo: Well I'm pretty sure you need PS plus to play online, so there's your answer....

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33  Edited By Giantstalker
    Unfortunately, Titanfall 2‘s digital performance didn’t fare that much better than that at retail. The sequel brought only $18 million in digital revenue across all platforms. This is down nearly three-quarters (to 28 percent) from Titanfall 1’s first month revenue, despite releasing on more platforms.

Wow, that's brutal.

Is that only for the UK?

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@big_jon: They let people play online for free sometimes for Betas and free weekends like this. Part of the point is to promote the game, but also try and hook you into playing online and subbing up.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how is everyone new to the game enjoying it so far? Is this selling you on picking up a copy, or do you think a couple of days of the game will be enough for you?

Either way, for anyone who would like to play some Titanfall 2 with your fellow forum members, you're all welcome to join tonight's multiplayer event on the PS4 Community. Simply join the "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" PS4 community, and sign up for the event listed on the community wall.

We'll be starting about an hour and a half from the time of this post, so feel free to join us.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

30gb download, i will give it another shot tomorrow and see of its improved since the beta at all.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DinosaurCanada

I bought this game last week and I'm already Level 40. help

play this game, its so awesome it made me break the bumpers on my controller because I pressed too hard

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@artisanbreads said:

Wow, that's brutal.

Is that only for the UK?

I'm pretty sure that's overall across the board.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Played in a full party of six with other Giant Bomb forum members last night, and it was a lot of fun. I hope more of you are starting to use the community to find forum members to partner up with, because teamwork with Titans takes this game to another level.

Speaking of fun, one of the animators at Respawn has been making these cartoons in their spare time. Check them out.

Loading Video...

In other news, the new Angel City map should now be available for all players.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played a match of attrition, it's a bit better than the beta but still just feels like it's empty compared to the first game, the map wasn't great either. I got absolutely wrecked as well, seems like gamepad may not be as viable this time around, or I just suck badly, or maybe both? lol.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General tips for new players:

If you're on console, switch to the Evolved controller layout or any other controller layout that is "Bumper Jumper". Jumping and aiming at the same time is crucial.

Hip firing is more accurate than you think and most guns are designed around this. Generally, if you're using an SMG, you're going to be hip firing 80% of the time for example.

If you want to level your character up fast, don't just stick to one gun or loadout. The leveling system for your character doesn't really work on an XP system and rather it is based off the "Merits" that you get from leveling your guns/titans/factions and performance.

For the love of god don't drop your Titan if you're outnumbered. You are just letting the other team build up their meters. Help your team kill a Titan or two as a pilot and hopefully they should have their Titans ready, then drop yours and clean house.

Attrition is the friendliest mode for new players, but try the other modes as well. Last Titan Standing is pretty fun and it helps level your Titan pretty fast.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the new titan kits are really good. Threat optics for Northstar is especially good. You can really play that Titan at range, when you're able to snipe at anything glowing red. It also goes along VERY nicely with the new FOV options.

For all those people freaking out that they can play COD4 again, EA needs to somehow find a way to let them know that THIS is the actual 2016 first-person shooter from the developers responsible for COD4.

Scorch received just about the lamest new titan kit imaginable, though. :( Poor Scorch.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

While not exactly canon or anything, this video is kind of funny, considering this series was once an Xbox exclusive and there's still an Xbox One game case right below the television. I have to wonder if The Xbox One and PS4 sales numbers were reversed, would Titanfall still be a Microsoft exclusive?

Anyhow, it's happening.

Loading Video...

Also, it's the last day to fall to your knees and worship the glory and the majesty that is Titanfall 2. Something like that. Look, the game is pretty fun, and this is the last day it's free. If you haven't played it, maybe you should try it. You might like it. I like it.

san_salvador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played almost 40 hours of TiF2 on PC and just played a round with my xbox buddy. And oh boy, do I suck with a controller. On pc I am surprisingly competent (I usually am not in shooters), but on xbox I must have looked like a total clown. My aim is all over the place and I'm constantly hitting the wrong buttons. But I have to say, TiF2 runs great on xbox - it looks clean and I didn't notice any frame drops. TiF2 is definitly my favourite multiplayer shooter in many years, way ahead of CoD and BF1.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@big_jon said:

@lego_my_eggo: I didn't realize

Not sure about the Titanfall 2 free weekend, but I know the Overwatch free weekends were free for non-plus subscribers. I would hope this is too, but I'm not sure either way.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitestripes09: I would actually say Bounty Hunt is friendlier if only because you have a clear goal in killing NPC's and people that aren't that great can still feel like they're contributing.

Of course maybe it's just me because I really dislike attrition.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Whitestripes09

@humanity: I understand what you mean about the goal being easier in Bounty Hunt, but the reason why I don't recommend it is because if you're against a team full of good players, they can easily snowball the match by denying the team to cash in and taking their money. Which leads to a very uneven score and isn't very fun. Attrition is one of the few game modes in my opinion that is more forgiving with being able to catch up in score. Plus it has the bots still so you can feel some gratification in killing them, especially Reapers which have a significant point value to them.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I understand what you mean about the goal being easier in Bounty Hunt, but the reason why I don't recommend it is because if you're against a team full of good players, they can easily snowball the match by denying the team to cash in and taking their money. Which leads to a very uneven score and isn't very fun. Attrition is one of the few game modes in my opinion that is more forgiving with being able to catch up in score. Plus it has the bots still so you can feel some gratification in killing them, especially Reapers which have a significant point value to them.

This just happened to me in my first match during the free trial. I have no idea what's going on but there were players guarding the banks and it just became suicide. I'll try attrition next, I still don't fully understand what my titan does though

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@giantstalker: Are you using Ion Titan? Even after significant game time in both campaign and online modes, jumping into a new Titan can be quite daunting because there are many abilities to master. Not super helpful but easy to miss: each Titan in the menu loadout screen has a short "digital brochure" video showcasing all their abilities, which may provide some useful tips.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.