Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

is pc disc version blu ray or multi dvd?

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By m4r71n2012

I was wondering with the pc download being around 40gb that it would be easier to get the disc version, admitedly i would have to use a 360 hd-dvd drive as i don't have an optical drive in my pc. But anyway is is over a couple of dvd's or is it on a blu ray, I cant say I've heard of pc games on blu ray yet so im guessing its lots of dvd's

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BRich

There absolutely no way its on a Blu ray. NOBODY has Blu ray drives in their PC.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The download is actually more in the ~15-20GB range (installed is ~40-50GB), so I'm guessing its 2-3 DVDs.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Picking mine up in a bit. Anyone know how long it took them to install? Sounds like it'll take a while.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Three0neFive

@brich said:

There absolutely no way its on a Blu ray. NOBODY has Blu ray drives in their PC.

Anyone who built their PC in the last year or two probably does, they're pretty cheap nowadays - I got a 12x read OEM drive for ~$80 the last time I upgraded some stuff.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@caesius6: Most people writing headlines are going to put the bigger number in there. To give them credit, most of the headlines I've seen do say "install size", but some just straight up incorrectly say that 50GB is the download size.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

@brich said:

Anyone who built their PC in the last year or two probably does, they're pretty cheap nowadays - I got a 12x read OEM drive for ~$80 the last time I upgraded some stuff.

I wouldn't bet on that, especially when it comes to building on a budget. That's $80 that could go towards a different part. It could be argued that you don't even need an optical drive for PC gaming these days, anyway, especially if you're building a middle-of-the-road machine. If you're only upgrading, possibly, but even then that's $80 that isn't all that necessary.

That's beside the point, though. Blu-ray drives in PC's haven't penetrated the market enough to reasonably sell a big PC game on blu-ray, so if you buy the PC version physically then it's probably on a few DVD's.

joelghill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joelghill

Didn't see a straight answer anywhere. It comes on multiple DVDs.

Three DVD's to be exact, 50gb total. Then there was an additional patch. The total install time was probably around an hour.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

@brich said:

I know quite a few people who do.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@brich said:

I dunno, there are probably plenty of people who have built PCs in the last year or two that don't have any optical drive at all. I use my DVD drive maybe two or three times a year.

KJ869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chaser324:

@caesius6: Most people writing headlines are going to put the bigger number in there. To give them credit, most of the headlines I've seen do say "install size", but some just straight up incorrectly say that 50GB is the download size.

50gb is origin downloadsize

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaser324  Moderator

@kj869 said:

@chaser324:

@chaser324 said:

50gb is origin downloadsize

I don't think that's the case.

The issue is that Origin doesn't separately list the pre-install size of just the download. It only lists the final installed size of 50GB, but the actual download itself is only about 20GB.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.