Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

PC can't connect? 'Initializing...'

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I go the game today (20th) as a birthday present and was looking forward to spending the evening with it but after like one and a half hours of reconnecting, changing data centers, resetting the game, the computer and my router, the game still can't connect. It begins with 'retrieving matchmaking list', then it counts up 'attempting connection (x out of 10)', repeats these two steps, and is stuck on 'initializing...' forever.

I've heard that you can try spamming enter to disconnect and reconnect rapidly but after many attempts it's still a no go.

So basically I'm pissed because I have no idea what's going on, whether I should keep trying, skip playing the game today and return tommorow, or if this is some major large scale issue.

Have any of you guys been experiencing similar issues? What did you do that worked?

Thanks duders

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hmm sorry mate, no connection problems at all here. Where are you living

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poland. The ping at the data center server I'm using (West EU) is 40, so not that bad I presume.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

No idea, haven't experienced any of the issues for the week i've had it.

Can it be their servers are hiccuping or under maintenance, or it's just the one you're connecting to?

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup we on same data Venter, so it should be fine. I would recommend checking that titanfall is on your firewall exceptions list. Other than that, I have no idea I am afraid! I can connect fine

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No issues at all, the problem has to be at your end; like Splodge said check your firewalls perhaps.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

Adding firewall exemptions also doesn't work :/

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tried reistalling the game and opening ports but nothing works :/

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By imsh_pl

Okay, I've visited the EA forums and it seems like this is not an isolated phenomenon.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/March-20th-update-Connection-Issues-for-Xbox-One-and-PC/m-p/2484896#U2484896

[EDITED March 20th]

Our team is working to apply a patch that we feel will provide a better connection to the Microsoft servers and should resolve some of the issues being reported within this thread. The patch is currently being tested and will be deployed as soon as we verify the fixes being applied.

Our team will continue to collect the data posted here and keep trying to isolate possible issues.

Seems like I have nothing to do but wait...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had some time to play today, but the servers were down for me too. Seems like its on xbone too, and only us servers apparently

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.