Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

So How Are Servers?

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Looking forward to playing this when I get home tonight. How have the servers been (XBONE)? Is it the typical launch day cluster fuck or can you actually get into games?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zirilius

I've had issues getting into campaign matchmaking. Either no one is doing it or something is up. Other than that everything has been great.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I woke up at 3am to buy the game intentionally to break the servers. When I woke up at 7 am it was in 90% installed range. I have pretty decent internet, I mean Ryse and Forza where both around 40 minutes.

After my shower I tried to get in a match but it seemed to go no where in the 10 or so minutes I tried. My buddy picked it up at midnight and was only able to play for about 40 minutes before the servers melted. Xbox, EA, and Respawn are working hard on this though. With most of the Mail orders coming in today I assume it'll be hit worse than last night. It'll get there though.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I finally got online after about 90minutes past launch last night, luckily once you get in you can invite your friends and they bypass the whole initializing forever issue that way. Once we were all in we had no problems playing and no lag at all.

I haven't tried getting online yet today but hopefully its better...

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By colourful_hippie

Took me a while to get into games at first after midnight but I haven't had serious issues other than annoying performance hiccups which were mostly removed after updating my nvidia driver

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I played for a couple of hours this morning. No issues while playing standard multiplayer but campaign multiplayer definitely did seem slow to find a match. I don't think the campaign multiplayer issues are a server thing though - the lower number of players and the way it locks you in to a particular team just makes the matchmaking a lot more difficult.

Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Codeacious

@chaser324: Pretty sure it is (and always will be) a poor matchmaking pool; most everyone's playing the campaign all the way through with the same 12 people. It makes me wonder how people will complete the campaign if they buy the game a month after release, as you never have to play the campaign again once you complete it (even after Regenerating/Prestige).

Servers seem to be fine now. It looked like there initially was a big issue with how the first tier of the cloud (load balancing a player to a Private Lobby server) operated under load- each server appeared to only be able to have a fixed amount of connections open at once (a quick look at the attempted connections from my machine revealed this), and it looked like they weren't spinning up more servers appropriately, making pure luck a requirement to connect for the first couple hours. However, Respawn/MS quickly fixed it, and everything was perfect when I was playing earlier.

Given that the first-tier servers were only going to get hammered that hard within the first couple hours of release (and stopped getting hammered once people started playing), and I still was able to play within 3 minutes of launching the game at midnight (3 minutes of me hitting enter over and over, though), I'd say the launch was pretty successful.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By StarFoxA

I've had some minor issues. Get decent ping (~40ms) in game, but some server issues. Game runs well on my GTX 770 2GB, but I have to choose between AA and Insane textures to get 60fps.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starfoxa: good to know, I'm building a PC at that spec this weekend. Looking forward to it!

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Horrible, haven't been able to get into a match all day.

I don't have the game though, so your mileage may vary.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By StarFoxA

@insidioustuna: You'll love it. This card destroys every game at 1080p, and even does decently with some games at 1440p and up. I have Dark Souls set to internally render at 4K.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on Xbox. I've been able to get into multiplayer matches no problem. Haven't noticed any problems when playing, either.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It was hard for me to get in the first few hours, but once it decided to let me through it was fine. I'll have to check later tonight to see if it's different.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Campaign mode matchmaking seems to be working better as of about an hour ago on. Thankfully you can go back tot he mission you left off at. I hate the fact that so far its been mostly Attrition as that is my least favorite mode to play.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So is EAs horrible launch streak broken? Sounds like it's working pretty well for everyone.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've had no problems outside the first hour or so it unlocked. Other than that it's been pretty smooth all day.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it was the smoothest online-only game launch I have been a part of. The Origin unlock took about 20 seconds and while connecting wasn't perfect, once I got into a matchmaking queue everything seemed to work very smoothly. I had to restart the game a couple times, but switching regions from the default got me into the system immediately.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox Live is busted for me, can't even log into my account.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Had some problems at midnight. But works fine so far this afternoon.

rickyyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is EAs horrible launch streak broken? Sounds like it's working pretty well for everyone.

No. Cause the servers are Microsoft. EA had nothing to do with it except publish the game. I guess in short Respawn worked with Microsoft to make sure that stuff would work not EA.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyyo: Not true. You got to log on to Origin on PC

ohnobruno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox LIve issues for me. Game downloaded fine but I can't log in. This seemed to occur the moment I got out of work.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By mosdl

Anyone else getting audio issues, seems like audio lag almost.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ohnobruno: Same here, can't sign in to live. Welcome to the future of gaming!

At least Dark Souls 2 works (I think).

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PC. Came back to these forums because I got DCed from a server when I was just in a menu customizing my loadouts. Games were running smooth though. I'm getting sub-30 ping, which is good but not revolutionary with my ISP connection. Everyone connects immediately in my games; I never have to wait for the one or two guys with bad internet connections to load in.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Couldn't say how the game servers are doing -- can't sign in to xbox live

Saga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Saga

picked it up after work and played it for 4 hours without any issues.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By maginnovision

I have some fairly awful lag issues. Some connection issues also. XBONE version

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on PC, not many issues at all really.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DonPixel

@obikwiet: Finished both campaigns and a couple of hours of traditional attrition, not a single issue so far (xbone).

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep hearing how Live is down or something and yet I've encountered no issues when I played. *shrugs*

JNeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still can't login to Xbox live.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No issues here on PC

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By crithon

hmmmm interesting. I didn't buy it, but I'm still fascinated to hear about server issues. I hope the servers are still good 6 months later.

Beanpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Beanpants

Was garbage at launch and continues to be garbage for me. Could be a region thing, but I've never had below 50 ms ping, and I continually get disconnect errors. I've only been able to make it through half of the tutorial in the last two days before getting kicked.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By carlthenimrod

I played for about 5-6 hours straight and never had any major issues.

I got on around 3-4 PM EST before LIVE issues. Sucks for people who couldn't connect.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played for an hour after they fixed live. US East data center. Perfect connections and no issues at all.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just putting my two cents in: after playing on PC for several hours this morning, I am running into issues logging into the client. The error code has something to do with Origin not pulling player data. The code is usually 503 or 400. I am in eastern Canada, so... US East?

Beh. The servers seem fine otherwise.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played about 4 hours of the campaign last night and never had a single issue.

KJ869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

503 is big issue now

strohfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to play last night but this morning was 503'd. EA is seriously the worst garbage.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still couldn't log into live this morning even though the live status page says core services are "up and running".

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to play last night but this morning was 503'd. EA is seriously the worst garbage.

I was able connect and play just fine this morning. Maybe it has to do with which Data center you connect to? I was connecting to West. They did say via Twitter that some users may experience log in and connection issues for the PC version but they stated they resolved them 2 hour ago.

The bigger issue for me is the performance issues with multiple GPU's but they are looking into it.

strohfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:
    @strohfist said:

I was able connect and play just fine this morning. Maybe it has to do with which Data center you connect to? I was connecting to West. They did say via Twitter that some users may experience log in and connection issues for the PC version but they stated they resolved them 2 hour ago.

The bigger issue for me is the performance issues with multiple GPU's but they are looking into it.

I don't think data centers were the issue. I was trying to play at like 5 am before work, and according to a tweet from the titanfall folks a patch was rolled out overnight and it should work. We'll see when I get home!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:
    @strohfist said:

I don't think data centers were the issue. I was trying to play at like 5 am before work, and according to a tweet from the titanfall folks a patch was rolled out overnight and it should work. We'll see when I get home!

Good luck man! Maybe I got lucky started after the patch was rolled out. I started playing at 5AM PST just for a frame of reference.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

1 day later for me and everything's running super smooth. I hope it stays that way.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

PC version runs fine. My game time on Origin is 5 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.