Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

The Titanfall BETA

• 76 results
    Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm sure everyone has heard, but incase GB is the only site you read, the beta signups are out for pc and XBone

http://www.titanfall.com/beta

I'm curious as to what platform most people will be signing up for on here

I'll be on Xbox (hopefully) GT: zero wellz2

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just signed up for PC, looks like fun. Here's hoping I get in.

HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HoM3R

This beta just got me super amped for this.

I dont like the idea of 6v6 after playing BF4 the last few weeks, dont like the idea of bots in multiplayer because AI will ALWAYS be different from real players, dont like the idea that a killstreak (titan) might be the most exciting part of this game.

But alot of these peeps made CoD4 and that just tells me these people know what I want before I do myself. I believe this can be the future.

CoD4 made BF3

Titanfall wil make ........ BF 2143 :0

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bmccann42

It certainly looks fun, and did they announce if you could play solely against bots or is it strictly multiplayer?

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BBOYS2231

Even if the beta uses the code from the Alpha a few weeks ago, I would say you duders are in for a treat. I wasn't overly excited until I got some hands on time with it. I'm a believer....

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bboys2231: Interesting. What made you a believer if you could be more specific?

If I make it into the beta (Xbox One) I will be sure to let you guys know and post my gamertag.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Just built a hot new gaming PC, hoping to get into this beta so I can give it a spin!

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iigrayfoxii For me it really was the overall feel and pacing of the game. I will admit I have long since lost my luster for Call of Duty, and this certainly plays a smidge like that, but it's really the feeling of racing around the levels, hitching a ride on an enemy Titan and taking it down, then jumping back onto your own Titan that makes the game really special. It's very seamless. I won't say it "looks" next gen, but it certainly "feels" next gen if that makes sense. I would also say it takes the best of what a lot of current shooters do, and mashes them up in a neat, cohesive way. It has the frantic "action" like pace of COD, but requires the teamwork and skill of BF (you need to choose different classes and titans to get an advantage). Mix in a little Bioshock or Unreal (some of the weapons are nuts like the auto targeting, multi-shot pistol), and I think you've got a winning combination. Also, I know some people are a little put off by 6v6. Trust me when I say it's a pretty good balance. There are plenty of bots to fill out the match and when you get 12 titans in a match all at once, it's quite an image.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone in the press played Titanfall on the XBOne or has it been mostly PC experiences?

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bboys2231: I am in the same boat, an avid COD player but dropped out around MW3, and really want to Titanfall to scratch that competitive FPS itch. The 6v6 does not bother me either, I trust the developer that number makes the matches more personal and more intense. I have two questions for you:

1. The game does not have singleplayer at all, but they are weaving the story into multiplayer matches. Did you see any of this? How was it implemented? Did it affect the match type?
    2. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Alpha not have the normal textures or skins? I believe I heard it was essentially just a test for the network and so the game itself was missing components.
    aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By aidros

Signed up for PC. Going to see how it runs on my system and maybe will get it for Xbox One instead.

However, am I the only person who is worried there won't be enough people online for the Xbox One game to be enjoyable? I know there were a bunch of consoles sold, but I think PC will just have a larger audience.

edit: if you duders get in and wanna play, add me on Origin:

username: aidr0s

(that is a zero, not an "o" btw)

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@aidros said:

Signed up for PC. Going to see how it runs on my system and maybe will get it for Xbox One instead.

However, am I the only person who is worried there won't be enough people online for the Xbox One game to be enjoyable? I know there were a bunch of consoles sold, but I think PC will just have a larger audience.

I'm actually assuming the opposite. The Xbone has just come out, but TitanFall is the game to get for that system. I'm guessing that market penetration is going to be much higher than your average game. Meanwhile, the huge userbase of the PC platform might be offset by a few things:

1. PC gamers general hatred for Origin/EA.
    2. The declining interested of CoD on PC with its increase focus as being a console game.
    3. TitanFall's marketing being Xbox One-centric.
    HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HoM3R

@andorski: "TitanFall's marketing being Xbox One-centric."
    That got me worried that the Microsoft Cloud will be for Xbox One and not optimal for PC. Since Microsoft is about that Xbox.

Did they confirm that PC would use the same Cloud? or dedicated servers through the standard server hosts for PC gaming?

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BBOYS2231

@iigrayfoxii said:

@bboys2231: I am in the same boat, an avid COD player but dropped out around MW3, and really want to Titanfall to scratch that competitive FPS itch. The 6v6 does not bother me either, I trust the developer that number makes the matches more personal and more intense. I have two questions for you:

1. The game does not have singleplayer at all, but they are weaving the story into multiplayer matches. Did you see any of this? How was it implemented? Did it affect the match type?
    2. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Alpha not have the normal textures or skins? I believe I heard it was essentially just a test for the network and so the game itself was missing components.

@iigrayfoxii:

1. I saw the very basics. I know they plan to weave a narrative into multiplayer matches, but it wasn't really evident in the alpha. What I did see was your standard Militia vs. Rebels. You get audio queues and a little pop up window from your spotter/commander/who knows what, giving you info about the layout, hints about where you are on the map and what you can utilize, and when your Titan is ready to drop. The cool part I did see though is you get a "second chance" if you lose the match to retreat to a ship that arrives within 30 seconds or so. If you make it, it shuttles you off into space. The winners have to either kill all the remaining opponents, or destroy the ship. Did not really affect the match types but made for some tense moments at the end.

2. From what I hear, the Alpha used about 10% of it's asset's textures and skins. So for those who have released alpha footage (shame on them), take those videos with a grain of salt.

I apologize if I am within breach of the NDA. I don't exactly know what I can and can't talk about, or when I can talk about it. Although the beta is Friday, so you will see for yourself i'm sure.

For anyone who was in the Alpha, are we allowed to talk about it yet?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Andorski

@hom3r: People on the TitanFall subreddit have been saying that the PC version is using the Azure Cloud servers, just like the Xbox One. I haven't personally seen a primary source to confirm that though.

UltraBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'll sign up for the PC beta as I want to see for myself, but man those graphics look like complete ass, don't get me wrong I always wanted CoD: Future Warfare and the gameplay looks fun, but I can't get over of how bad those textures look. when Jeff was playing one of the modes for a second there I thought he was playing a Black Ops 2 map on the 360. Hardly a next gen game.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing GB's Unfinished video of Titanfall beta, I am still not pumped about the game. To me it looks too similar to a COD game which I understand is a smart move on Respawn's part since they can win fans over easier that way.

I guess asking for innovation within the FPS genre is asking a little too much for next-gen.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I've been feeling a but bummed out about Titanfall so I will sign up and see if I can't get some first-hand experience of what this game is like.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@andorski: I thought there weren't any dedicated servers for PC? Maybe that changed... Or maybe just the beta is on the servers (which would make sense I think).

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By spraynardtatum

2 maps in the beta. Anyone know how many maps are in the actual game? Have they said?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I signed up for the PC. Still waiting for an email (if I got in). From what jeff said from the Unfinished Titanfall video he made it sound like they are looking for lots of people even though it is a closed BETA. If you want to get in, I would probably sign up sooner rather than later. When I signed up it said I would be notified no later than Feb 17th if I made it in. BETA starts on the 14th.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have they said how long the beta will be running for? Starting on the 14th but saying people will be notified no later than the 17th I'm hoping that it will be running for at least a week. Perhaps they're staggering the code distribution to work up to full capacity for the beta.

SketchAEtch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SketchAEtch

Hey guys. I work at a major game chain. It starts with a G.

They handed out some codes for Titanfall Xbox One beta codes... for Xbox One.

THEY ARE ONLY FOR G___P EMPLOYEES.

I am hereby using my powers at a near-minimum wage employee to make the entire Giantbomb community honorary G____P employees for the weekend.

First come first served in your Xbox One code input majigger.

[[BEEN REDEEMED BROHEEM.]]

I only ask that when you get one you sound off to me here on in a PM so I can remove the code. Also...

You didn't get this from me. I'll deny it to the grave. TO THE GRAVE.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Jeust

@sketchaetch:

Thanks man! I'm also not redeeming a code, as playing that game would probably send my computer's graphics card into a meltdown.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

For those of you that don't listen to Jeff's Mixlr, he mentioned probably starting a live stream around 1 or 3 PM because he wants to play more Titanfall, and also because why not?

Stubstub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stubstub
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@hom3r: I'm 99% sure there won't be dedicated servers. They dont seem to care about that checkbox anymore.

As for the cloud, the Xbox One just uses Microsoft's Azure service which they have been running software on for years now (MS Office and SkyDrive stuff is on there I believe) so there is nothing stopping the PC version using the exact same tech.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hom3r: I can't tell you how much I hope your right! BF2142 was the first experience of Battlefield and online multi player. It blew my mind! Titan mode is the best! Fingers crossed.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninja_welshman: Titan game mode is the best multiplayer game mode ever in my opinion. How they have not made a sequel to it yet is a mystery.

A lot of Titanfall reminds me of 2142 and I couldn't be happier about it.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@bmccann42: seems like most have played Xbox one version. At least that's what Jeff played and the alpha test a few weeks back was Xbox One only.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

@bboys2231: Thanks for the response. After asking you that question Giantbomb did that big Unfinished look at Titanfall where they mentioned that there are two separate multi-player modes. Standard, like the one in the beta (and I assume the alpha) and campaign multi-player. I believe this is a demo of what the campaign multi-player will be like:

Loading Video...

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000: That is a great GIF and that tactic totally didn't come to mind to me to use the Titanfall as an airstrike. There is actually a perk to bring it down faster in the beta as well.

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By jclane

Has anyone actually received any codes yet, or are they going out tomorrow when the beta starts?

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jclane: It just says that if you are selected, you will be emailed by no later than February 17, 11:59 pm PST.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BBOYS2231

@bboys2231: Thanks for the response. After asking you that question Giantbomb did that big Unfinished look at Titanfall where they mentioned that there are two separate multi-player modes. Standard, like the one in the beta (and I assume the alpha) and campaign multi-player. I believe this is a demo of what the campaign multi-player will be like:

Loading Video...

Oh sweet. I would prefer to have two separate modes. Thanks for the info!

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jackel2072

horrible week for the beta to start for me! i have to work all weekend and into next week....and because i live with 2 other people who have no concept of bandwidth caps we hit 75% of our cap today with still 15 days to go in our billing cycle! yay!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By big_jon

Anyone get their code yet?

jrl5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing here yet, if anyone has an extra PC code id love one thanks

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No code, *_*^3^:-();O):-(

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nhoj_Sllew

unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng I need one

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I'd really like to give this game a try.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#44  Edited By isomeri

@big_jon said:

Anyone get their code yet?

Codes are being sent out. Some people have gotten several codes, most (myself included) have none.

demazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By demazin

Enjoy!

No Caption Provided

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demazin: Thanks a bunch. I'll be registering, so I'll be sure to post my code here if I get one.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Nhoj_Sllew

good on ya demazin that's pretty awesome

.....shotgun next freebie :P

edit: also, man think about twitters and gmails poor servers being f5'd right now

demazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I thought I signed up for the PC beta. Obviously not. Haha!

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demazin:

others on twitter and reddit are reporting the same bug

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have a code yet? I haven't and it is KILLING me. Very keen to get in and give it a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.