Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Titanfall impressions thread

• 136 results
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So the first round of beta invites have been sent out and I wonder what you other participants think of it!
    Please include what platform you're on since the experience is usually quite different from PC to consoles.

Preface
    My feelings for the game post beta have been somewhat of a rollercoaster ride. Initially, I was really put off by the mech focus on the game since I've never liked mechs in games (albeit that's a different beast) yet I was cautiously optimistic because it's the guys who made the good cod games, right?

When the footage started dropping I felt that the titans seemed allright, they seemed to move like your average dude but you're a bit slower and bigger so I could live with that. What bothered me however was the bots. I was afraid that the bots would ruin my focus, that they'd be in the way. I talked to people who had (briefly) tried the game and they said they didn't mind them very much. I enjoy shooters a lot and with the decline of the cod franchise I was really looking forward to a good arcade shooter. The hype was building.

Impressions (I'm playing on the PC)

The golden ticket arrived!
    ..and man what a bummer it is.

It's not that it's a particularly bad game, it's rather about what it could have been.

Let's start with the good stuff, because boy is there some good stuff in this game. The mobility of your character is unsurpassed. It's what the Brink game wanted to be and more. It's what would happen if you took the movement from Mirror's Edge, streamlined it to arcadey goodness* and put it in a shooter. It's the hand-to-hand combat in the Batman games translated to movement in first person shooters.

Now I might be exaggerating a bit. But I've been into this parkour type movement for years and this is the first game I recall that pulls it off properly, which is why I'm gushing so much.

The combat in itself is very much reminiscent of the Call of Duty games and feels pretty good, there's not much I need to adress here beyond the auto-aim pistol. It's cool and some people seem to be using it against players as well but I feel like it's mostly there for beginners to easily pick off bots (it one-shots them but takes about three hits for a player to go down) and prefer regular guns to it.

*(don't get me wrong, I love ME, but the momentum-part wouldn't work in a shooter where you have to stop and shoot every few seconds.)

What bothers me the most is the ai bots. They are cannon fodder placed there to fill out a larger map made to accommodate all the titans. They're in the way and not discernible from the players clearly enough for you to decide on who to shoot first when they both show up in various quantities. When I play shooters I don't feel comfortable just leaving half the enemy population which is what I have to do here if I want to be useful to the team and not just kill bots the entire game.

One might argue that it's even stupid of me to play a game like this when I'm not into mechs but hey, it's not a lot of games coming out around these times, allright? Plus I really like shooters, so shut up.

When fighting titan on titan I feel about the same as fighting tank on tank in Battlefield: You might be able to go back and forth arond a corner whilst dumping on the other vehicle, but it's just pull the trigger (or fire the cannon) first until the other titan goes into a doomed state. The doomed state is basically a few second long emergency warning until the titan blows up, it's long enough to allow for the opponent to bail out into the sky and disappear, leaving me without a kill and the end of that encounter feeling very unsatisfactory.
    The titan combat is not bad by any means, but it's just very uninteresting and I found myself spawning the titan and having it follow me around on guard mode while I was flying about the rooftops and shooting other people doing the same.

All in all I came away from it disappointed. The game itself is decent but holds no real interest to me unless they incorporate a player only mode where it's just me, my parkour and proper player opponents to shoot. I guess I just want a call of duty game with this immaculate mobility incorporated and I realize this game is not for me.
    The disappointment comes from the fact that the movement is, again, so god damn good and I'm left with thinking about how a game would be without titans and the bots.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Witzig

So I'm playing it on the Xbone and I really like it. I think the shooting is very reminiscent of CoD's style of gunplay and beside the the parkour bits the movements are largely the same as you would find in any other CoD games. Titan combat is good/okay at times though I think it's because I'm not used to the control scheme and that's why it isn't clicking. the guns are a little weak I found against human players but I quickly fixed that by equiping the shotgun as my primary.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm absolutely loving it. The shooting is reminiscent of COD for sure but feels better somehow. The movement options you have are fun to use and feel so refreshing. I don't have a problem with the bots, because they take away some of the frustration i have in COD games, when i kill a bot i feel like i'm actually contributing something, they add something to the game imo. They make you feel not totally useless like in COD games where you constantly spawn and just die again.

titan on titan violence is more like a game of chess, carefull use of abilities and smart play can really come in handy. Ejecting out of a titan, letting it autofight the other one and jumping on the enemy titan's neck is very satisfying.

As a pilot vs a titan you actually feel like you can take one down if you play it smart. In BF games i always felt so useless against tanks and stuff, ok it's more realistic but there is nothing fun as spawning and facing a tank when you have no launcher or anything (and even then it's a pain). Here you feel like fuck i'm gonna try and take this badboy on. Weaving in and out of buildings, firing a couple of rockets and then jumping on and going for the throat. So cool when it pays off.

Overall i'm very much enjoying the game, i wrote it off as fuuuck this, it's just COD with mechs but that doesn't hold up. It feels like very fresh take on shooters. I also love the atmosphere they created, but that's because i'm a sucker for anything sci-fi and stuff with giant robots. I'm so glad i bought a gaming pc a year ago, i never actually thought i was gonna be able to run this on my rig but when i heard it was on the source engine my hopes went up. It runs smooth as butter and looks pretty decent.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mcfart

@witzig said:

So I'm playing it on the Xbone and I really like it. I think the shooting is very reminiscent of CoD's style of gunplay and beside the the parkour bits the movements are largely the same as you would find in any other CoD games. Titan combat is good/okay at times though I think it's because I'm not used to the control scheme and that's why it isn't clicking. the guns are a little weak I found against human players but I quickly fixed that by equiping the shotgun as my primary.

Yeah the default carbine takes a little longer to kill then most COD weapons.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pr1mus

I hate it. It's every bit as bland and stale as Call of Duty has become. The gunplay is indistinguishable from COD as is the general pacing of movement and animations. Titans are essentially just killstreak and feel super underwhelming to the point where i don't use mine every chance i get anymore. The game is more fun on foot than in a titan and on foot it's COD with some parkour. That's fine if you're not tired of COD yet but i am and this does nothing to make me interested in this kind of shooter again.

The AI bots are a waste of time and space. They do nothing but there's so many to shoot that you have to anyway and 90% of the time i got killed by a human player it's because i was busy shooting those useless bots.

At the end of the day the two things this game has to set itself apart from COD are titans and parkour. The titans are the weakest part of the game and if you're in one you lose the parkour. The parkour is great and it's probably the best use of that style of movement yet but on its own it's hardly a revolution.

Played on PC. It runs OK and keyboard and mouse works great.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay can someone please tell me how to download this damn beta on my Xbox One? Because I already redeemed and got nothing. No idea what's going on here.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jkz

I dunno man. Like I'm having fun but at the same time it feels exactly like the fun I have for the first week when I pick up a COD game. The loop's super straightforward and the maps they're showing here (obviously a tiny selection) are kind of dull to me. At the same time, the movement / parkour stuff feels fantastic, and is pretty much exactly what I imagined when I heard the pitch for Brink initially. Alas, I'm not sure how long that bit of it'll hold my attention. Right now I'm having fun just wall running past people then grappling on and killing them while they're spinning in circles, but I'm not sure how much / how quickly the novelty will wear off for me.

The mechs, at the moment, feel a bit less punchy than I'd hope. I don't think they have too little health / armor or what have you, it's more down to the weightiness / power of the weapons they give you. They don't FEEL much more powerful than my standard carbine / anti-titan combo (even if I'm sure the damage is higher), which has left me, for the most part, setting my titan to follow mode and taking advantage of the fact that I have twice the firepower / mobility of someone who's IN their Titan to clean up other people's mechs. Problem is: that pretty much ends up making my Titan feel like nothing more than a preset killstreak, and that's been...kind of a bummer. I'm also not a huge fan of the AI bots because of A. their total inefficacy and B. the fact that they take too much time to distinguish from a player (and because of their uselessness I've found myself just leaving them alone), so on that I agree w/ the OP.

But yeah, on the bright side, it handles well, the gunplay is fun (if still a bit on the flat side when it comes to recoil / spread, which I prefer a bit more noticable), the traversal system feels great and works great in a multiplayer setting, and it looks nice (not stunning but nice) on my PC and runs flawlessly with everything maxed at 1920x1200. Still not sure whether I'll end up picking it up or just get most of what I want out of it out of my time with the beta, but we'll see.

P.S. I've gotten about 3 kills by dropping my Titan on enemies / their damaged Titans, and god damn is that one of the most satisfying things in existence.

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on: PC

So far, I've played a few matches and I can say that I'm sold. The action is really fast paced but maybe I have just been playing too much ARMA. The Titans feel solid but still kind of agile. I would like much bigger maps and more open areas to see how people would use their agility to cross terrain faster. I'll update this post when I've played more of it, but so far, first impressions, its fantastic and fun.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been playing on PC for a few hours and I'm loving it. The movement and shooting feel fast, like the good Call of Duty games (ie not Ghosts), except it's even faster. I think once you get used to the wallrunning, you feel pretty much unstoppable on foot. The maps are open and very vertical and the gametypes don't really encourage camping. The AI are mostly there for targets, but I kind of enjoy it. It's satisfying to take out 4 of them in a single wallrun and be on your way.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really enjoying it. I've been playing a lot of BF4 lately and this is a real nice change of pace.

All the movements feel so fluid and natural. It feels great when you pull off a cool wall run and double jump across like two buildings without touching the ground. Really see myself playing this for a while.

I do agree that at times the Titans feel weak but I think that's more to do with that the game is actually balanced between the titans and pilots.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stonyman65

I like it. As someone who is really bad at competitive FPS games, I felt like I was actually able to do something besides just getting my ass kicked.

• With the wall running and jumping the game moves pretty quick - I can get around practically the entire map in not much time
    • Titans drop pretty often, so there is constantly something going on. Even the "bad" players should be able to get at least 2 titans per match, if not more
    • When the titans do drop, you can still do some pretty serious damage to them on the ground so it's not like titans will just dominate everyone. I was able to kill 2 my first match
    • The guns feel good. I'd say they are more similar to Battlefield than CoD, but if feels like you are causing some damage and not shooting a bb gun.
    • Grabbing on to a titan or falling onto one and taking it down is extremely satisfying. Definitely a "Fuck Yeah!" moment the first few times.
    • Grunts are easy to kill but Pilots are harder. Even with grunts if you get lazy and screw up they will take you down.
    • Even with 6v6 + bots it still feels pretty crazy especially when everyone is on the same street corner just destroying everything. Super hectic and fast paced. It gets pretty crazy when there are 3+ titans going at it at once with everyone on the ground caught in the middle.
    • The Anti-Titan launcher takes too long to reload and gets stuck in the animation - they need to fix this because it is so slow its almost unusable when you need to switch weapons quickly
    • My version of the BETA seems to be locked at 60fps, although I have heard other PC versions being unlocked - its weird.
    • They go WAAY overboard with the lightbloom. I turned the lighting effects as low as I could and it made it much better.
    • If you are playing on the PC, turn the FOV to 90. You'll thank me later

(More impressions to come as I play more)

The game is extremely vertical - every window, every rooftop can be a vantage point so the people who get a superior position first are going to be able to do lots of damage on the ground. It's not game breaking, but if you aren't smart about it you'll be in trouble. Always look up.

Still not sure if I'm sold on it yet, I'll have to play more but I'm liking it so far. My biggest issue would be content. If this is all it's going to be, it's kind of hard for me to justify the $60 price (although if they dropped that $20 or so that would be great). I probably won't buy it until we find out just what exactly this game is. The fact that they haven't said much about content with the game coming out so soon doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Mister_V

Been playing the XBONE version with a couple of gaming buddies.

Really really like it. The movement is so fast and fluid it just feels great. The guns feel powerful and easy to use. The titans are super fun. They have really got the balance between pilots and titans just right. The titans feel powerful but not overpowered. I was initially sceptical about the burn cards but they add a nice boost but don't feel tact on.

If i have a complaint it's that i haven't found myself using the anti-titan weapons much. But i have only tried the rocket so far so maybe that will change.

All said and done i have had a blast with it and can't wait for the full version.

ETA: Oh and the ultimate titan setup is the 40mm cannon and slave rockets, with the nuke to top it off. It's one hell of a combo.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deathstriker

I probably played a handful on matches so far... the number would be higher if their servers didn't vanish.

So far I would say: Battlefield > Titanfall > Halo > COD

Edit: I've played more and like it even more. I do wish if was more strategy based (BF) and less twitch (COD). Things like being able to put anti-Titan mines down and things like that would be nice. I have no idea why people keep talking about the AI. They're not a big part of the game at all. They are there to make the game feel more epic, grand, and like a campaign. The grunt ones are awful, but specters aren't too bad. I'm interested to see the other maps and if there's more Titans than the two types they've shown.

ReCkLeSs_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By ReCkLeSs_X

Got up to level 6 before the servers went down..

THIS GAME IS AWESOME but it's not going to change the world and I don't see it as the killer app for the Xbox One. There are already numerous parts that will clearly be improved upon in the sequel (maybe AI tweaking, definitely customization, Titan melee could be a little more inspired - swords?!).

Maps and a steady stream of upgrades will keep me playing, but I already don't want to jump back into the beta to prevent myself from burning out.

Mobility is pretty rad. Jumping up to the roof and taking down Titans is one of my favorite things to do.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The AI is... far from revolutionary.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The AI is... far from revolutionary.

I don't think it was meant to be?

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man day two, and i'm still loving it. Calling in a titan super early and just wrecking fools is so great. The burn cards are a fun addition to the mix. Pulling of a perfect series of wallruns and jumps in a nice flow is immensly satisfying imo

I so looking forward to the launch of this game now.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Seppli

Haven't gotten my code yet, and I really look forward to trying it out, but I can't help but think I'd like *A Battlefield Take* on all of its concepts even more. I've been clamoring for organic movement since forever, and Titanfall has organic movement on speed, which is even more awesome. I actually once describe a *Dream Game* of mine here, years ago, which pretty much pitched what Titanfall is now is - only instead of giving all movement options to the player character at all times like I suggested, double jumps etc. are for pilots, and dashing and blocking manouvers are for Titans. Quite brilliant, because really modern gamepads do not have enough input possibilities to organically allow everyting I'd want to be able to do simultaneously. MOAR SHOULDERBUTTONS PLIX!

MasterpinE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on PC and having a great time with it so far. I like the colour that all the little snippets of conversation add to the matches and maaaan oh man has it been a long time since i've played a big budget FPS which embraces the vertical axis. I'm a complete sucker for interesting movement systems in games and this is a great blend of the two most interesting movement games from the past couple of years, those being Natural Selection 2 and Hawken in my opinion. It's got this lovely Unreal Tournament feel to it with all the double jumping, wall jumping, strafing and twitch shooting and the Titan's feel sufficiently heavy while also having surprising mobility.

The AI within the game feels a lot like creeps in Dota, the point of them is not to complete objectives and be useful, they're all about dropping your Titan respawn timer and pushing map objectives. It feels good. Perhaps they should look a bit more clearly defined from a Pilot, but they're a very interesting and so far cool part of the game.

Specific to the PC, the mouse-feel is spot on and it looks great while being a very easy game to run. this is good for those on low end machines but it's also really nice to be able to max everything out, turn v-sync off and blast it at 5760x1080 (Granted, the HUD does not scale correctly to surround displays, hopefully this is an easy fix) while holding a stead 144 frames per second. Consistent frame rate without stuttering or pauses are things very few devs seem to prioritize and it is most welcome. I'm fine losing a few visual flourishes if it means the game runs like Titanfall does.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Whitestripes09

It's pretty much what I expected. I don't really understand why everyone thought this was the second coming of christ or whatever, but it pretty much feels like CoD except even more of a cluster fuck. Like I seriously don't even understand sometimes what is happening, especially if there are more than 4 titans duking it out in a small space. There needs to be bigger maps for this game and not the urban narrow alleyways that are so typical of CoD. Also, I hope they beef up the AI more in the final release because it seems pretty dumb to see a group of grunts just staring at a wall or walking blindly into a wide open area just to get slaughtered. The Titan AI can be pretty buggy too.

Overall, I think it's just going to be like any other CoD game where you just turn off your brain and go at it since there's no strategy involved or cooperation with your team mates. Still might get it though depending on how well the release goes for PC.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fattony12000

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spraynardtatum

This game is a blast. Really fucking fun.

On a 660ti I can run this on high settings pretty well. I do get some slowdown.

Also I've been using the 360 controller and still holding my own online.

Avatar image for deactivated-58513b27f2513
    deactivated-58513b27f2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the traversing in this game is so damn good. How effortless it is to wallrun, climb and jump is pretty satisfying and the shooting feels good, for the most part.

There are some problems that I have with it, though. The AI being one of the most disappointing. I've seen some people try to excuse it as just something to kind of farm, but if you're putting AI in a competitive online shooter, I'd highly prefer them to be more than competent. Good AI in single player is important, right? Good AI in player vs player multiplayer should be a must, in my mind. I don't necessarily want them to be super difficult, but the state that they are in currently is kind of ridiculous considering they're going up against players.

The graphics are more bland and aliased then I anticipated and some of the textures are kind of rough for an early "next gen" game. But it still manages to look nice, overall. The designs of the mechs and soldiers (the weapons, too) are pretty cool.

Like people have said, this is definitely Call of Duty with mechs and I'm not sure I like that. For lots of people that's more than fine, but I was looking for something with it's own identity, I guess. I could see the title of this game being, "Call of Duty: Titanfall" and it wouldn't seem out of place one bit. And the more I ponder it, the less appealing the game is for me. I'm just getting tired of this formula and I wish I could have a Titanfall with its own unique blend on shooting and on various nuances.

I'm liking what I'm playing, but I get the sense it's one of those games that's a baseline for the series down the road and it doesn't have that much going for it in terms of content. I feel like the second one has potential to be amazing.

So, yeah, It's fun, but seems like something I'd enjoy for a week before getting bored of it. The hype now looks a little weird after playing it.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By StarFoxA

Running on a GTX 770 2GB, this game looks freakin' fantastic.

Oh, the gameplay's pretty nifty too. As someone who hasn't played a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare 2, I'm not quite as burned out on that style of gameplay, and I'm definitely feeling a whole lot of COD4/MW2ness from this game (both games I spent a ton of time playing online). Looking forward to playing some more! I am getting some connectivity issues, but I'm chalking that up to the beta-ness of it all.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played about an hour so far and I think I like being a pilot more than a titan. I just love how fluid the wall running and platforming feels. As far as actual gun on gun...ehhh its okay. Like the OP, this game feels a lot like the game Brink was supposed to be.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played about an hour so far and I think I like being a pilot more than a titan. I just love how fluid the wall running and platforming feels. As far as actual gun on gun...ehhh its okay. Like the OP, this game feels a lot like the game Brink was supposed to be.

Same here. I just drop the mech down and let it stay on Guard mode. The gameplay isn't special at all in my opinion. I might pick this up though at reduced price in the future. I get exhausted after two matches in a row so this won't be a game that I play a lot. The pace is too quick and hectic, almost to point where I think it ruins any feel of 'being' a "pilot" in a futuristic setting. Its mainly run, run and gun.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love it, will keep playing till it bores me... knows for how long.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I keep seeing from detractors is the constant "this isn't special" or "revolutionary" thing over and over. Very few games are. Who cares? It's a ton of fun to play. It's like people are looking for things to complain about instead of just kicking back and having a good time.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is a blast. Really fucking fun.

On a 660ti I can run this on high settings pretty well. I do get some slowdown.

Also I've been using the 360 controller and still holding my own online.

I'm doing the same and I don't feel like I'm at a big disadvantage, which is great.
    I'm loving the game so far. At first it felt super chaotic but you get the hang of what's going on the more you play. Sprinting around on rooftops with the sniper rifle or jumping through buildings with the shotgun and that radar pulse is awesome. Everything about the parkour movement is so rad. Ejecting from my exploding titan and landing on the enemies and blowing it up from the outside has got to be one of the coolest things I've done in a game in a while. It feels balanced too, you're not instantly screwed if somebody gets on you, there's enough time to jump out and make that fool pay. So far I'm totally hooked.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sjupp said:

What bothers me the most is the ai bots. They are cannon fodder placed there to fill out a larger map made to accommodate all the titans. They're in the way and not discernible from the players clearly enough for you to decide on who to shoot first when they both show up in various quantities. When I play shooters I don't feel comfortable just leaving half the enemy population which is what I have to do here if I want to be useful to the team and not just kill bots the entire game.

All in all I came away from it disappointed. The game itself is decent but holds no real interest to me unless they incorporate a player only mode where it's just me, my parkour and proper player opponents to shoot. I guess I just want a call of duty game with this immaculate mobility incorporated and I realize this game is not for me.

The disappointment comes from the fact that the movement is, again, so god damn good and I'm left with thinking about how a game would be without titans and the bots.

I find the AI to be a very interesting choice, they add a new tactical layer. As you said you need to decide who to shot first, its decision making. Farming them is not that easy: if you go all bot, you become an easy target, if you are only hunting pilots your score gets behind. They are really well positioned, they always spawn in the battle hot spots.

It is hard to tell really, but it seems to me people is seeing the bots as a replacement for players, but in fact they seem to me like a well though design decision. They are a resource you can harvest to catch up, its kind of tricky I like them a lot.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By 49th

I'm having a lot of fun, and it runs really surprisingly well for me considering my card is a few years old and I have most settings on high.

I've won 11/11 matches so far and reached level 11. I definately prefer playing controls points rather than free for all though, it can feel a bit aimless and I couldn't always find people especially on the larger map. Zooming around the field in a Titan is so awesome.

I do wish the wait time between maps was shorter though and the people using mics... might be the worse part of this game. I really hope there is a custom server browser in the future.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with a lot of the comments, it's definitely a fun game and a game which I can see casual people getting into a lot easier like they did with CoD. The mechanics are there in quantity but are simple to get a hang of pretty quickly.

There are some areas which are lacking the graphical areas, the sky looks great alongside the Titans, however the textures of the buildings and plant life could do with some work. Gladly this is still a beta and Respawn I think have stated that the final version of the game will have improved textures so fingers crossed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am by no means a multiplayer dude, I'm shocked I got into Black Ops 2. I freaking love this game. It is so fun, and I am not even that good at it. I am happy I kept my XONE preorder.

Nhoj_Sllew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this is a game that win or lose, everyone had fun in a match

theres always something satisfying to do even if its just mowing down grunts

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game runs like shit, almost unplayable.

My most anticipated of 2014 :(

hxcaleb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was already excited for this game because, let's face it, shooting guys, and giant robots is the exact thing that 12 year old me would want in a game. Let me tell you, that 12 year old version of me is very happy in this game. The moment I finished my first match, I jumped out of the game to get on amazon and pre-order ASAP. I am beyond excited for this to come out. Hopefully they extend the beta a few days so I can get more time with it before release.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really? The minimum PC specs are so low. What hardware do you have?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

I like it a lot. I'm playing on PC with a controller (My old PC can surprisingly play it on high).

I like the feel of the pilots. The parkour, the shooing it all feels great. The drones...are really dumb and they just kind of get in the way. I'm not really into that. They are 1 shot kills and more often than not, I turn a corner and blast 3 of them that are just standing there doing nothing. Titan's feel fun to use. Sometimes it's a bit like going back and forth with tanks, but I got into a few amazing situations. I run up to 2 titans, started punching them, ejected, my nuke went off killing both titans, then I shot one pilot in the air...very rewarding.

My friend was talking about how the titans not being able to jump kind of make them useless. I agree a bit. I think they did this because they want you to get out of your titan, but it on guard mode, and wreck some havoc yourself. I do wish it felt a little more like battlefield. I think chaos with mech's would have been more rewarding.

I'll continue to play the beta, I like it. I'm glad I tested it out on PC first though. I was ready to go all in with an Xbox One for this game. I now know I can get a PS4 and play this on PC, or 360, depending on how that turns out.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I feel like this is a game that win or lose, everyone had fun in a match

theres always something satisfying to do even if its just mowing down grunts

The NPCs are a brilliant touch. They've been in multiplayer games before but it's about time they become a bigger thing. Just makes it so much friendlier to players, and I think that is a giant barrier that comes about from multiplayer games.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

@peasantabuse said:

Well, I shouldn't have said unplayable, I was just annoyed when I posted that :P. It runs fine as long as I turn the textures way down.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

All I keep seeing from detractors is the constant "this isn't special" or "revolutionary" thing over and over. Very few games are. Who cares? It's a ton of fun to play. It's like people are looking for things to complain about instead of just kicking back and having a good time.

Whenever a game gets hyped up like Titanfall has, people are going to look for anything to complain about.

Avatar image for mycroft_ampersand
    Mycroft_Ampersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux said:

Whenever a game gets hyped up like Titanfall has, people are going to look for anything to complain about.

That's probably a part of it, but it may also be people who are burnt out on FPS games who have picked up the hype and become interested only to find the game plays a little too familiar to something they are already tired of. I think that's where you get the "this isn't special" or "revolutionary" type of criticisms that kishinfoulux was talking about.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LoveSpuds

I think its an okay game but doesn't live up to the hype (not much does, I know!). I think it looks really underwhelming and while graphics aren't everything I really feel like this is barely a step up from the 360 but I do love the sound design especially that whine that comes from the mech.

I think there are some really cool ideas, the burn cards are simple but very clever - cant believe this hasn't been done before. I love the way you have to reach the dropship and evacuate again, adds something clever and interesting to the end of a match.

My biggest gripe is with the AI - I really dont like them. I have been shot by pilots plenty of times already because I have had to deal with stupid grunts. While it might be nice for inexperienced gamers to rack up grunt kills, I honestly only feel satisfaction when killing a pilot in this game, and that happens too infrequently as the maps are too bit for 6v6.

For me, I will stick with BF4 (190 hours and counting) as I think there is just much more going on and more skill required if you want to rack up a decent score.......sorry, but I just don't like that AI.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its an okay game but doesn't live up to the hype (not much does, I know!). I think it looks really underwhelming and while graphics aren't everything I really feel like this is barely a step up from the 360 but I do love the sound design especially that whine that comes from the mech.

I think there are some really cool ideas, the burn cards are simple but very clever - cant believe this hasn't been done before. I love the way you have to reach the dropship and evacuate again, adds something clever and interesting to the end of a match.

My biggest gripe is with the AI - I really dont like them. I have been shot by pilots plenty of times already because I have had to deal with stupid grunts. While it might be nice for inexperienced gamers to rack up grunt kills, I honestly only feel satisfaction when killing a pilot in this game, and that happens too infrequently as the maps are too bit for 6v6.

For me, I will stick with BF4 (190 hours and counting) as I think there is just much more going on and more skill required if you want to rack up a decent score.......sorry, but I just don't like that AI.

I've had way more fun with it already than I ever did with the last Halo and COD games online. I agree that BF4 is better (from what we've seen/played so far), but it being the second best online shooter is still a pretty big achievement, especially in its first game out. I wish people would stop talking about the AI since they're not a big part of the game at all. They're mainly there to look cool and make it feel like a campaign. Walking into a room and see two of them wrestling is pretty cool. I think the game looks good and I believe Respawn said this isn't the final build graphically. Even looking back at their Infinity Ward days, they were never great at making the best looking games, they did make some of the best running games though.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By emem

@andorski said:

@peasantabuse said:

Well, I shouldn't have said unplayable, I was just annoyed when I posted that :P. It runs fine as long as I turn the textures way down.

It runs "like shit", because your PC is old?

Titanfall actually runs terribly for me as well, with a 3770k and a 770, and it is not a frame rate issue. When I enable vsync the game stutters (with a stable frame rate) to a point where it becomes absolutely unplayable and when I disable vsync I get tearing and slight stutter which makes it kinda (barely) playable. And the fact that there is no raw mouse input option doesn't help either.

I'm quite disappointed that technical/driver/mouse acceleration issues pretty much ruin my first impression of the game. It's a real shame, because Titanfall looks like it could be fun to play without those problems.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikey87144

It is laggy. Also I've been going between m+k and controller and I think I like it better on controller. I actually got more more kills and less deaths.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a very solid and fun game to play. It's also not really much different than a majority of other FPS games I've played so I don't understand everyone saying it's the future of FPS.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Played a few rounds, just got to level four. I'll spend more time with it but so far I'm still very so so on it, which is how I felt going in. It looks good and the titans are cool, cooler than I had expected. Still, at this point, I don't think I'll be buying it when it comes out. We'll see though.

This sounds lame to me even as I type it but I think the truth is that titanfall just isn't next gen enough, and that's the disappointing part. The Razors Edge of Next Generation. It makes sense why it is like it is considering when it was made but it's easy to fall into the next gen hype machine. It's hard not to wish the titans could actually collide with and destroy environments, wrestle and crash into things like we all know big ass robots are suppose to. Or be subject to precise firing so you can destroy limbs and disable systems. Instead titans are just humans with a little more health and a little more firepower.

I don't blame the game for what it's not but I guess I just realized that this wasn't the robot game I was looking for. Seems they are more popular now so maybe one day I'll get the one I want.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

kinda was hoping when I logged in I didn't find myself surrounded by guys ranked in at level 14.... this feels too much like CoD, especially no text chat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.