Who's funkier? Toe-Jam or Earl?

Sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I'm all about Earl. He has that rotund freshness that I can get onboard with, and he has cool shorts

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Toe Jam is pretty funky looking, back in the day I would’ve said him. But now I realise that Earl wouldn’t fake the funk on a nasty dunk. So Earl it is.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Earl has always screamed The Dude from The Big Lebowski to me for some reason. He has a level of laid backness necessary to bring the Funk. He's got the kind of funk that makes him fit in with the like of Snoop Dogg or Dr Dre.

It has to be Earl.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toejam reminded my child brain of Ren from Ren and Stimpy so in my head he's a little less chill than Earl and therefore a little less funky.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Earl all day. If it weren't a family-friendly series, you know Earl would perpetually have a blunt dangling from his mouth. But he wouldn't be obnoxious about it or anything.

Earl is the kind of guy who could put on a pair of Hammer pants and a Kangol hat today in 2019, totally unironically, and pull it off like it was the height of fashion. Hell, dude could carry a boombox around while bumping The Fat Boys and not catch a single side-eye.

I think what I'm saying is, we all should be a little more like Earl. Please accept this pamphlet on Funklordism, my new Earl-based religion.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cikame

I was always a ToeJam guy myself, but i bet Earl is better at beatboxing.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I always felt like Toe Jam would be the more melodic musician man, with Earl being in the back grooving on the bass.

Both are essential, with is why it's Toe Jam AND Earl.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By liquiddragon

I literally don't know anything about ToeJam & Earl except I've heard of it so my opinion literally means zero but my gut says a guy named Earl can't be funky. A guy named ToeJam on the other hand, sounds funky as shit.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

I'm going with the consensus on this one. Even just looking at the designs, Toejam looks kind of neurotic, where Earl is chill as hell. I know who I would hang with.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Toejam is 2009 Eminem. Earl all the way.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’m going Genesis era characters and saying Toejam.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toejam getting thrown under the damn bus over here, I can't believe his funkosity is being brought into question. Much love to Earl but there is a reason it ain't Earl and Toejam.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a reason it ain't Earl and Toejam.

Exactly! Earl is too funky to care if his name is first. He was like "Hey, ToeJam, you be first, bro. I'm holdin' it down back here. Aw yeah."

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earl is nothing without ToeJam, and they are a t'ight package duo. TJ drops some funky lines and his fat hype man brings it way back up.

Funky!

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Earl hands you that spliffa homegrown the second you roll up, doesn't matter if he's never met you before.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alias

@jeremyf:

Toejam looks kind of neurotic

Exactly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.