Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Jungle

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 07, 2012

An action game set in post-apocalyptic Japan where the human race has inexplicably disappeared, leaving wild animals to reclaim the planet.

Do I really have to do the tutorial for both modes?

orlandodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By orlandodoom

What a terribly glaring oversight on the designer's part.

I did the tutorial for Survival Mode since you can't select Story Mode, finished it, so I decided to check out the latter. "Another tutorial?" I asked myself.

"Maybe the gameplay is different, sure, let's do this."......"Oh no, it's the same fucking thing!"

Got halfway through the second time, said "bullshit, I'm not doing this again," and I quit the tutorial. Turns out I HAVE to do the tutorial a second time.

I turned it off and walked away. I was that irritated. I'll definitely go back to it, but what a stupid way to do things.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

@orlandodoom: Actually, they just throw the tutorial into the story mode menu, in case you ever want to go through it again, or use it to show a friend how to play or something. Even if you were to have finished your second playthrough of the tutorial, it wouldn't have unlocked the next chapter in story mode.

To unlock the first chapter of story mode, you HAVE TO find these data archive disc things in survival mode. They are marked prominently on the map. I'll admit it's not well explained, but it's not as tedious as you're assuming it is.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jasonefmonk

I think the biggest problem is the EULA every time you boot the game. The story mode is just in there as an option once you finished it. It definitely took a while to realize there were Archives on the map.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@jasonefmonk: So it's not just me! Yeah, the EULA coming up every time is completely retarded.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Aviar

Agreed, the EULA drives me more crazy then anything else. Hopefully they can patch that in a future update as it is kind of ridiculous.

orlandodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By orlandodoom

You also can't turn the music off. ARRRGH.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.