Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 26, 2015

An Atlus-developed RPG for Wii U set in a modern-day world of music and art featuring characters and gameplay elements from Intelligent System's Fire Emblem franchise mixed with elements from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Atlus Will Localize Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm just glad this game is still coming here. The last thing I read was that it didn't do so well in Japan.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, men Atlus usa is busy with the localization the smt4 Apocalipse, this and not forget about persona 5 all over 50h games and lot of lines of dialog

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I can barely parse most of the sentences in this thread. Am I having a stroke?

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Maybe Nintendo and Atlus will be able to get away with whatever cuts come up from the final out-of-Japan release by throwing ratings boards under the bus.

With any luck, this game will come out with negligible localization quibbles so we can all focus on the game as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eribuster: There have already been quibbles over it. This is just going to be a thing now I guess.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madman356647: Oh, I fear for the highly-probable storm that is going to come from the news break that Chapter 2 is heavily edited (teenager strips down to distract a salacious antagonist) and that our release won't get the hot springs DLC. Those won't be fun days.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoOzak

@eribuster: @madman356647: Nintendo is weird. They saved Bayonetta 2 and even Devils Third and both of those games contain a lot of lewdness and over the top gore. Yet they remove boob sliders and face touching minigames? I dont care personally I just find it strange. Maybe it's because they think games like Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem are for kids?

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Treehouse is overlooking it so, expect a lot of cuts.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@boozak said:

@eribuster: @madman356647: Nintendo is weird. They saved Bayonetta 2 and even Devils Third and both of those games contain a lot of lewdness and over the top gore. Yet they remove boob sliders and face touching minigames? I dont care personally I just find it strange. Maybe it's because they think games like Xenoblade X and Fire Emblem are for kids?

It's more about involvement of underaged characters or characters that look like they are underaged. Sexualization of minors is not acceptable in many European countries and after Dead or Alive 3DS ban in Sweden, Norway and Denmark Nintendo is not interested in risking its position as family friendly company.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Atwa

@danteveli said:
    @boozak said:

It's more about involvement of underaged characters or characters that look like they are underaged. Sexualization of minors is not acceptable in many European countries and after Dead or Alive 3DS ban in Sweden, Norway and Denmark Nintendo is not interested in risking its position as family friendly company.

But they change the age of all characters, Tsubasa has been changed to 18 but she has still been covered up in most footage we have seen.

I really wonder how they will do this game, because it has a lot of bikini scenes and stuff like that.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GabrielCantor
    @danteveli said:
    @boozak said:

It also might have something to do with the ratings they're aiming for? Bayonetta and Devils Third we're easily "M" (in the US), but Xenoblade and Fire Emblem were both "T".

In the end, "cut content" doesn't really bother me though. Didn't care in Xenoblade, and didn't care in Fire Emblem. I'm just still bummed they're doing the sub-only thing. I love a lot of dub actors, and the fact that in-battle dialogue won't have subtitles is always annoying.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think I'd put this forward for that "Worst Game Name" thread from yesterday.

cettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cettu

@alexw00d:Sure it's not super evocative of anything, and the hashtag I could do without, but when it was pointed out to me that it spells 'SMT' backwards, I kinda warmed up to it.

Anyhow, I'm happy that this thing's coming over because I've really liked what I've seen of it. I also personally think that they made the right call in not dubbing it, honestly. It makes sense for the setting, and with the way the game seems to be so much about singing and idols, I think it'd be jarring to have them constantly switch between speaking Japanese and English.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be the only 2016 release I play on my WiiU this year besides Zelda (this is coming out ... right?). Which is good since that console is collecting so much dust I'm afraid to turn it on, might start a fire.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eribuster
    @cettu said:

@alexw00d:Sure, it's not super evocative of anything, and the hashtag I could do without, but when it was pointed out to me that it spells 'SMT' backwards, I kinda warmed up to it.

Anyhow, I'm happy that this thing's coming over because I've really liked what I've seen of it. I also personally think that they made the right call in not dubbing it, honestly. It makes sense for the setting, and with the way the game seems to be so much about singing and idols, I think it'd be jarring to have them constantly switch between speaking Japanese and English.

I think it is important to point out that "#" (Sharp) is part of musical notation. The game's story takes place in Tokyo. The otherworldly beings (i.e. Personas, Demons) are called mirages. The game's battle system (I think?) revolves around Session attacks (looks like a derivative of press turns). Also, "session" is something you hear around music. Finally, the characters are linked to mirages that are fantastical interpretations of Fire Emblem characters.

I am in too deep in the anime hole to see how the bizarre and off putting the titles Japanese video game companies create are. Specifically for this game, I know too much about it for the English-localized title to not make sense for me. All I can give is that, at first glance, it looks like an awkward and weird Japanese game, which I think fits the actual game perfectly.

@technician: Yep! June 24th for NA and EU. Unless something changes, that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.