Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 07, 2017

Take on South American drug cartels in this open world entry in the Ghost Recon franchise.

Single Player gameplay walkthrough - your thoughts?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By whitegreyblack

Ubisoft released a single player gameplay walkthrough for Ghost Recon: Wildlands on Jan. 20th:

My take-away from this:

1. There's going to be a single player campaign? I assumed this was a multiplayer-focused game like The Division.
    2. The gameplay actually has me interested in this. Granted, it does not look all that inspired, but it also looks accessible enough for me to give it a shot so long as the game does not need a constant internet connection for solo play (a real pet-peeve of mine).
    3. The gameplay and light squad tactics reminds me of some other game series but I cannot put my finger on it. Maybe the conflict series or something, or maybe Socom 4? I did not put much time into GRAW, so perhaps Wildlands is reminiscent of that game and I am ignorant of that fact.

Anyways, how do you feel about this game? Does this gameplay walkthrough/demo help or harm Wildlands' case, in your opinion?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I touched upon it lightly at the end of posting on a blank thread made last year just last night. I'll just post what I said there to here:

Initially, I had a hard time being excited for it as it just seems to be going in a direction I can't get behind. The kind of Ghosts you play as I didn't like as much and Ubisoft's focus on online focused games recently hasn't been an attractive aspect. I love many of the Tom Clancy titles. The original Splinter Cell trilogy and Conviction was superb (I wasn't a fan of Double Agent, and Blacklist was underwhelming, though okay). I didn't play the original Ghost Recon games and started with Advanced Warfighter, but those two games are some of my favorite games ever I believe I can say without a doubt. Future Soldier, I played late because I was wary of it once it released, but it turned out that I really enjoyed it; not as much as Advanced Warfighter, though.

I played most of the Rainbow Six games, and I really liked the old ones from the original to three (Lockdown is okay), but Vegas I loved mainly because it implemented what story there was in a way I appreciated. The game was a lot of fun to play as well and still retaining challenge even if it's done differently. Vegas 2 is only okay, though. Last year, The Division was actually my favorite game despite being so online focused. I still got three plus days out of it going solo. With the latest gameplay shown with Wildlands, it actually has me excited. I know I'm going to play it regardless, but I am glad that it has gotten my interest now. The fact that Ubisoft keeps putting so much focus on online play is bothering me, and it's one of the reasons I didn't play Rainbow Six Siege. I had some reservations over what Patriots might be, but I much prefer that over what Siege is.

Wildlands just looks like it has good enough gameplay, but I'm still not into the things I mentioned I don't like.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not super excited for it but I'll still buy it. I love Tom Clancy games and my friends will probably get this too. I hope it holds my attention longer than the division did

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks like they fused Far Cry and GRAW to me which could be alright I guess. As long as i'm not made to skin animals for inventory space.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: i hope you have to make new gear out of cocaine and dead drug dealers

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Reminded me a lot of the gameplay of MGSV in a way, but far less refined. To be honest I'm going to avoid this game unless it turns out to be spectacular anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.