Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 07, 2017

Take on South American drug cartels in this open world entry in the Ghost Recon franchise.

Wildlands open beta is up!

• 76 results
    Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yup, not feeling it.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By kindgineer

@bane said:

I'm surprised at the negativity.

I have my complaints about the game, for sure. I'm worried that it's going to get repetitive. The vehicle controls, particularly the helicopter, are not very good at all. And I've already started a list of quality of life improvements I'd like to see.

But I tell you what, three friends and I had an absolute blast playing it last night regardless of what issues it may have. One of my favorite things about it right now is the damage model. After playing 200+ hours of The Division with its bullet sponge nonsense it's refreshing to have my guns act like real guns. The bullet velocity feels too slow, and the bullet drop seems too severe, but it still feels pretty good.

Time will tell, but it seems like a pretty fun game to me.

Why are you surprised? Visiting any forum about any topic will cause you to find the gathering of negativity. People who enjoy the game are doing just that, enjoying it. People that have bad experiences with a product tend to find the nearest, most available outlet in order to express what they didn't like.

It's the main reason I rarely take online criticism with more than a grain of salt.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The closed beta was enough to know this game sucks.

Tussler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy input lag on ps4 (pro). Feels bad.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

I played for maybe half and hour and that was about as long as I cared to play it at all. I've since deleted it and removed it from my list of games to buy. I can see what people are saying that it could be fun with three friends on co-op, but generally it just strikes me as underwhelming combat, awful driving and a boring sandbox. I jumped in a jeep and drove straight off a cliff and just held the accelerator down aiming in the general direction of the next mission. Didn't really crash or get stuck - just shot past all the cliff faces rocks and trees and ended up with a smoking car right next to the enemy. My character said 'lets go in stealth'. We all jumped out the smoking wreckage, ducked down and 'went stealth', not a single enemy batted an eyelid.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kinda glad to hear this game isn't very good? Theres way too many games to play right now and they're all very good. Glad to know I can just skip over this entirely.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Sackmanjones

Boy.... vehicle physics in this game sure are something! Last night I torpedoed down a mountain with a dirt bike, basically bouncing and jumping 50 feet gaps every time with little or not feedback st all on the bike. It wasn't until the very last absurd bounce thst my character decided it was intolerable and fell off. To be fair, I played a little more and was getting a better feeling for it. It still doesn't seem very good but like some people have said, I do appreciate the weapons being powerful. Tends to take no more than 3 shots to take an enemy down and that is on the higher end. The stealth feels just flimsy enough too that it's possible to wipe an outpost out without being spotted despite their being very shallow mechanics for it.

But still I don't think I'll be getting this game anytime soon. Also if you guys haven't tried it, the cars and bikes in this game work very similar to skyrim horses, only better. You can consistently drive up a 75-85 degree angle with absolutely zero issue. It's pretty hilarious.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I am having a blast with the vehicles in this game.

Loading Video...

I don't have any serious issues with how the shooting or vehicles control, but my real problem is it's another Ubisoft open world game in which you repeat the same handful of mission types/activities till ad nauseum and offers very little variety. It has plenty of open world absurdity, but it feels almost tame in comparison to Far Cry 3 and 4.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'm having a lot of fun with it, participial with the character customization and RPing a little with the camos and such. The dialogue is *atrocious* though and the fact that you can't change your AI partners is really fucking lame.

My advice for when playing solo:

Turn the difficulty to 'extreme.'

Turn off the HUD

Makes a big difference.

But the dialogue...and the "jokes" ....... jeesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

played through everything with my cousin and ended up propping up the difficulty to Extreme and had an immense amount of fun, really liked the customizations on characters and having to spot out bases and try to sneak through, I think on Extreme and Co-op is where that game shines

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By mike

@meatsim: Really? I think the vehicle controls are completely fucked. The curve for steering is way off. Almost no response for the first 75% of stick movement, then bam, all the way to 100% turned in the last bit of movement of the analog stick. Get in a plane or car and then move the analog stick slowly left and right and watch the ailerons or front tires to see what I mean. This has been a problem since the closed beta.

What's weird is that in planes, analog control of elevators has a perfect curve and you can see this in action if you watch the control surfaces' movement in relation to the position of your analog stick.

On an unrelated note, one of my issues with the game is that there is way too much bullet drop and bullets travel at far too slow a velocity. At 200 yards you have to compensate for like 15 feet of drop which is nonsense. That combined with the extremely slow bullet speed makes the rifles in this game feel more like paintball guns than firearms. It's really bad. I mean seriously, I was trying to shoot at a guy who was 350 yards away and in order to hit him, I had to aim above him so far that he disappeared entirely off the bottom of the screen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Just played it; what the heck is this garbage? It feels like a bargain bin shooter. Everything feels bad, and even on a PS4 pro, the frame rate seems to be a consistent sub-30. It's weird too because the game is ugly as hell.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just for the record: I'm really enjoying the game.

mortal_sb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mortal_sb

first 20 minutes solo and i immediately turned the game off. graphics, physics, those stupid jokes.. everything seemed like an early ps3 era game with not the biggest budget. but i played again yesterday, with 3 friends, and we really had a lot of fun. there's still a lot of stuff that was bugging us but the coordination and exploration part of it is fun. it's more just cause then anything else. stealth works surprisingly well and the upgrades are fun. i don't know if this is the release build (let's hope not) but we talked about getting it when it's cheaper or when you can get good deal on a 4 pack.

but yeah, those jokes are the most annoying shit i've seen in a long time. i turned down voice volume because of them.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Honestly I wonder how many people not liking this are mostly playing the "go in guns blazing" style. I was finding that the moment I messed up and they knew I was there the game became significantly less fun.

The stupid alarms that go off literally 2 or 3 seconds after you alert someone, the reinforcements, the helicopters, the fact that everyone in seemingly knows exactly where you are the moment they're alerted. There are so many things about combat in this game that are just seriously not fun.

But when you play stealthy practically none of that matters and to me it was a much more enjoyable game. I know Ubisoft is painting this as a tackle any situation as you want type of game but after beating both provinces in the beta I really think that is a mistake.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wowee this game is aggressively mediocre. I think this bun needed 6 more months in the oven.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree that stealth > shootouts in this game, but the stealth gameplay is not rewarding enough to make up for the other shortcomings. Its just not a well put together game.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Is it me or does the music from the menu sound like a cover song of Metallica - Nothing else matter?

Loading Video...

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a fan of the Ghost Recon series for many years now, so naturally i wanted to try the Beta my self. And i can honestly say that initially i absolutely hated it. The controls felt terrible, aiming felt like you where moving through molasses. The driving physics where and are utterly nuts. But the more i played the Beta the more it clicked. I did have to do some adjustments on the PS4 version (which wasn't needed on the PC), the aim and look sensitivity is terrible at their default values but changing the default 30 to 50 in both aim and look really made it feel more responsive.

Playing it alone wasn't much fun, but having a friend (in this case my brother) join really made a world of difference. Weather it be playing missions super seriously, or just going in hot. Both styles feel pretty good. And i actually really like the gun feedback when you hit enemies felt satisfying.

Gotta say though the PC version looks so a lot sharper and having it running at 60 fps compared to the 30 on PS4 make it control a lot better.

Shoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's best on PC with the difficulty bumped up. Probably pick this up when it goes on GOTY sale.

hkabaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played the open beta on PC, with an Xbox One controller, single player with regular/normal difficulty and i'm kinda disappointed with the negative feedback this game is having. Don't get me wrong this is far from a perfect game. AI is terrible (both of your teammates' and the enemy's), the story, cut scenes, dialogues are all mediocre at best and i saw a lot of open world game glitches/jankiness, some of them even ruining my experience with it but still it was a fun weekend playing this. I would describe the vibe of this as a dumbed down MGS:V clone.

Always tried the Scanlon approach: play it stealthily until things go wrong. Also found it really helpful to pick the guys who were separated from their herd and telling your team to hold their positions while you circle around the "herd" to flank them. And sync shots are amazing. I know it is a simple mechanic but still they feel great every time i do it. They're also useful for maintaining your "stealth" in case you get spotted because your teammates will take their shots instantly.

I guess i feel like this is a type of game where players themselves have to find a way to enjoy it. For me it was taking the game seriously, trying not to get spotted but preparing for the worst case scenario. Came here to see if i should pre-order or wait until launch just in case. Still not sure.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@hkabaran said:

...a dumbed down MGS:V clone.

Count me out.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm super stealthy

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pilgore said:

'm having a lot of fun with it, participial with the character customization and RPing a little with the camos and such. The dialogue is *atrocious* though and the fact that you can't change your AI partners is really fucking lame.

My advice for when playing solo:

Turn the difficulty to 'extreme.'

Turn off the HUD

Makes a big difference.

But the dialogue...and the "jokes" ....... jeesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

100% this. If you're on the standard difficulty, the game is relatively easy and plays like a less polished mashup of Far Cry and MGS V. I ended up having a decent time with the open beta despite the game's lack of polish. I'm sad about the state that it's in. it just feels like it needs another 3-6 months to make it better but i doubt it will get that. :( Also that dialogue is atrocious and the game might be better off with no dialogue at all and just txt.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I didn't really enjoy what I played. The controls did not feel great and the open world structure didn't seem intuitive. For example I hopped in a jeep with my coop partners and did a drive by on a convoy, but get kept on driving because we had another objective to do. We finished the original objective and then got a game over screen because we didn't "finish" the convoy side mission. There's so much going on in that game. Maybe it was just a bad spot to drop people in, but I was not impressed and it seems like I'm in the majority according to this thread.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

I'm super stealthy

looks like Randy "The Macho Man" Savage in a camo netted shawl.

Avatar image for deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0
    deactivated-58d0fe182d7c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is bad and yet there is at least the possibility of something interesting happening because of the co op.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.