Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Quick question about the x-ray vision

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I like immersion, and I don't like how the pulse ability let's you track enemies through walls and such, ala far cry 3 style. I really wish that was not the case, I want to know if you can skip that ability, not use it, somehow turn it off, or have to pick it as part of the story? I'm thinking of buying this game, and that would be the clincher, since rest of the HUD elements can be turned off. Thanks bombers

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa

If you want an immersive shooter then this may not be the best game for you if things like tracking hud elements break your immersion. The pulse is cool but only one of many abilities you can pick to spec into, it's not a core skill (although it is one of the first to unlock and I think it gets tutorialised early on so you do have to use it at the start).

How many bullets can you put into an enemy before you throw your hands up in disgust at their spongey nature? This game is primarily an RPG and so it's a lot of stats-based combat, where someone who is Elite or a few levels ahead of you basically has Kevlar skin/super shields that you have to wear down.

Playing solo then you can focus on a damage build and go Designated Marksman Rifles (something I had great fun with during the solo campaign and getting deeply immersed in the loving recreation of a snowy Midtown Manhattan after an apocalypse - very "between the fall and the apocalypse" as if it was taken out of the missing time in the Last of Us) but a lot of the game [boss fights, much of the multiplayer, some of the mission encounters even outside of bosses] is built around RPG conventions of throwing clips of ammo at enemies. Even with a DMR you want to spec into headshot bonuses and carry one with a small clip rather than what is more of a scoped assault rifle in order to play through most of the game with 1-shot kills for headshots. And that also means keeping up with the upgrades as you level up and refreshing your gear regularly.

If you play co-op or competitive multiplayer then you should expect to see the tracking hud skill as your team-mater will almost certainly be using marking skills (they also act as damage multipliers so are critical to efficient kills/use of ammo between restock points) and when one player marks a target then everyone sees that in the group.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an optional skill, you can choose one of 3-4 options (and change which one you have). I'm not sure it'll be your type of game though if that'd be the deal breaker.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just don't use it.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shivoa: Thank you for that info, glad to hear I don't have to use that skill. I'm currently playing destiny and looking for something similar, a good podcast game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.