Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

State of the Game May 12 (let the nerfs begin!)

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

State of the Game

In this week's State of the Game, the focus was on 1.2 balancing and some comments about bugs that popped up over the week. We don't have an announce-date for 1.2, but we got a teaser how the meta-game will change with the 1.2 update.

Changes during this weeks maintenance:

• More anti-spam measures for in-game chat

Sentry's Call Bug

• Sentry's Call bug is known and will be fixed with 1.2
    • At the moment, sometimes players will be marked with the Sentry's Call – debuff, when they are close to players that wear the Sentrys Call Set.
    • When you have the debuff-mark, the current workaround is logout / login

Weekly Incursion Reward Problem

• At the moment, the weekly incursion reset is at 2am CET
    • When you start playing the Incursion before the reset, and finish it after the reset, the game considers you to have done it in the new week and you won't get the weekly reward.
    • Players have also reported that they did not get the weekly reward later in the week, this is under investigation

1.2 New Features

• There will be New Gear Sets and some of those will buff specific weapons (very vague)
    • Voip-indicator of the player is now in the UI, so you will know when you are broadcasting
    • Phoenix Credits cap will be 2000
    • Max Gear Score of the items will stay at 204 / 240
    • On the Inventory-Screen "Health" will be replaced with a new attribute "Toughness"
    • Toughness is the sum of Health / Stamina / Armor – it won't include attribute such as "Protection against Elite" etc, but it gives you a better understanding, if the new item gives you a buff or not.

1.2 Incursion

• New incursion will have the same gear requirement as Falcon Lost
    • Will have a new name and not Broken Circle
    • Basically everything you see now on the map about the new incursion is placeholder
    • There is no thing as purple gear-sets (but there will be new sets)

1.2 Balancing Weapons

• Metagame should move away from Vector / Aug / M1A because they are very easy to obtain right now.
    • 1.2 will be a first step in the direction to move away from the known craftable weapons
    • In 1.2 the player will get more / better weapons, so they will also use the archetypes that are now not so popular ( also supported with the new gear-sets)
    • Weapons will not be directly touched in 1.2
    • They are re-balancing weapon talents like Brutal (bonus will be additive) / Balanced (mentioned last week)
    • They will be gathering a lot of data and after that, there will be a big balance of the weapons after 1.2 when they have a better understanding of the impact of the rebalanced talents and the new gear-sets

1.2 Balancing Sentry's Call

• Sentry's Call is very OP right now in comparison to the other gear sets
    • After 1.2 the debuff-mark it will only be applied with semi-automatic weapons such as Pistol / Shotgun / Marksmen rifle

1.2 Balancing Performance Mods

• Performance-Mods will be buffed to compensate the absence of a Character Attribute – the skill-buff will be a lot higher

1.2 Balancing Armor / Damage Mitigation

• Armor Cap is increased
    • Damage Mitigation is increased to 75% (right now it is 65%) - this should compensate the higher damage that got available with the new gear.
    • But to get 75% Damage Mitigation you will have to sacrifice other stats.
    Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Puchiko

So they promised no new nerfs for patch 1.2. But now Brutal, Sentry and Balanced are being nerfed...

• Metagame should move away from Vector / Aug / M1A because they are very easy to obtain right now.

So they want people to use other weapons? Then make them easier to get FFS instead of hiding the best weapons behind a PVP grind, then bad RNG to craft them. If you haven't already quit the game, this patch will probably make you want to stay away even more.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a lapsed player looking for a reason to return and this will not suffice.

taig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got 4 piece sentry, and I am having an impossibly time getting a decent weapon already. This just makes me want to stop playing entirely. I can understand rebalancing smgs, but totally destroying sentry instead of retuning it seems incredibly unfriendly to players.

When you consider the way items drops are rolled this game is really really hard to tolerate this sort of bullshit.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, that damage buff with Sentry's Call remains OP. I'll just use a sniper with high fire-rate and quickly switch to my SMG. I don't see a lot of people jumping on the other gear sets yet.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Every time I take a look at what the developers are doing with this game, I'm increasingly thankful that I never bought it.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as new weapons are easier to get, I'm probably in. I've been using a Vector and an M1A since launch and I'm pretty fucking sick of my entire build revolving around the same two guns.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree with all of this. I worked my butt off to get 4 sentry pieces just to competitive with people with 204 weapons/214 gear sets and now its become useless with my current build. I'm still using the same GS 182 Vector I crafted nearly at the beginning of the game because RNG drops/crafting have been so bad and now its going to be nerfed because they think too many people are using the same gun. It just sounds like they are punishing the casual people who can only get crafted gear and forcing them to change the way they play the game.

@taig said:

I just got 4 piece sentry, and I am having an impossibly time getting a decent weapon already. This just makes me want to stop playing entirely. I can understand rebalancing smgs, but totally destroying sentry instead of retuning it seems incredibly unfriendly to players.

When you consider the way items drops are rolled this game is really really hard to tolerate this sort of bullshit.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man this stinks... I am that casual player... Still using a crafted vector and a lvl 29 m1a with amazing rolls due to nothing I've found that can touch either of those two guns...

Makes you not want to play the game. Never a good move

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.