Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

XBONE alpha invites going out!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So apparently there is an alpha of this game starting this week. I just got an invite so be on the lookout.

Maybe we could use this thread for teaming up assuming a few of us get in.

My GT is sgkillfest.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I heard this was happening... but do you have to preorder the game to get the invite or is there a place to sign up for it?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't pre ordered it. I did sign up for the beta test around E3 I seem to remember.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Honkalot

Do you know if there'll be an NDA for footage? I'd sure like to see some video of this game.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot: Yes the Alpha has an NDA attached to it so we can't record or speak about it at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Preordered from Amazon, got my Alpha key minutes after redeeming the beta key. Alpha key goes to your XB1 email, not your Ubi email (if they aren't the same).

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:

@honkalot: Yes the Alpha has an NDA attached to it so we can't record or speak about it at all.

Noted, thanks for the heads up! Nice to see that the development is moving along at least – I am highly anticipating this game! Hoping to make it into the PS4 beta next year. :)

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

got an alpha invite for xbox one, add me if you want some people on our friends list that are playing. GT: Old Man Light

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT: Secondhands

Let's team up. I'll be on as much as I can for the scant 3-and-a-half days this game is playable. Feel free to add/msg me.

I want to encourage anyone who is worried about the pre-order requirement: just order through Amazon, get your code, and cancel the Amazon order. Your code will still work just fine. I want to get into this with a bunch of fellow bombers, so please give it a shot if you're on the fence.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been checking it out around the office today. Seems cool. There's definitely something to it, and there are some people who are now pretty excited for it.

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the alpha as well and interested in joining other duders. Feel free to message or add me.

GT: ConstantK

Faramir82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Faramir82

I'm also in the ALPHA, feel free to message and/or add me.

GT: Faramir82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's really good. I don't think anyone will come after me for breaking NDA to say simply "it's fun". I'm about to check out the Dark Zone stuff today.

GT: Epidemik LV

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GT: Evil Haole

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I did not sign any NDA and did watch some footage captured by sneaky Russians.

Game looks pretty damn cool! Love the setting, UI and gameplay looks great. Must be awesome to co-op this with friends and do some loot runs.

Can't wait!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have added everyone on the list. Will see if I can get a group going to check out the dark zone stuff tomorrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Zone stuff is super fun. Surprisingly doesn't turn into a murderfest at extraction, though I think that's more just because people might not realize they can kill eachother. Everything about this game exceeded my expectations.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oh wow, this thing's coming in March?? Feels like one of those game's that's been lurking around forever, though with very little marketing presence as of late.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Zone stuff is super fun. Surprisingly doesn't turn into a murderfest at extraction, though I think that's more just because people might not realize they can kill eachother. Everything about this game exceeded my expectations.

Does the Dark Zone stuff match you up with random players then? I always thought the "turn on your party" mechanic would not work if you where playing with friends. You would just be the asshole nobody wanted to play with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v said:
    @thatonedudenick said:

Does the Dark Zone stuff match you up with random players then? I always thought the "turn on your party" mechanic would not work if you where playing with friends. You would just be the asshole nobody wanted to play with.

I joined with a party of two other people but it threw us in with a bunch of randoms. On the last night we just murdered everyone that seemed to be alone while they were trying to extract. Didn't notice whether or not it let me damage my party members. I definitely never had it play out like the stage demo naturally. People work together to kill AI enemies since loot drops for everyone. We would do a lap or two around the one dark zone then all head for the helipad and extract the loot at the same time. The only incentive to kill anyone comes at the helipad if you want to steal what they looted. I guess that's where they were coming from. Help them get as much loot as possible, then turn on them at the last minute (takes a minute for the helicopter to arrive, then another minute or so after its arrival for the extraction to complete). That's the only time it was ever tense in the dark zone. Generally it would be one dude tossing a grenade then everyone filling him with holes.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny taught me not to preorder these type of games, will they only be having a closed beta/alpha?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destiny taught me not to preorder these type of games, will they only be having a closed beta/alpha?

There's a beta probably next month. Not sure how they're letting people into it, but a preorder guarantees you a spot. Most people just do the Amazon thing since you don't pay til it ships and can cancel anytime. Though I fear they'll put a stop to that soon because it's so common. Unless the publishers are fine with it if many people forget to cancel... who knows.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OMGFather

I have a spare code that I don't need so I'll post it here

edit: taken

killafoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it i think

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have fun :)

killafoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you!

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To bad I don't have an xbone, I don't know exactly what that is. I only have an xbox one.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By BasketSnake

Got an e-mail from Nvidia yesterday. I guess I'll try the closed beta on PC on jan 29th. What's funny is I know nothing at all about this game and I'll watch some videos now. I must've signed up for this at one point.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I tried to scam my way through it by pre-ordering on Amazon and then cancelling it later on (the way everyone does it or so they say). I waited 3 days, but they never sent me a code, so I just cancelled it before I forget about it. Guess I'll sit this one out : )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.