The follow-up sequel to 2009's Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X., H.A.W.X 2 is a combat oriented flight simulator with some arcade aspects. A single-player demo was released on Xbox Live Marketplace, and Playstation Network, Augusts 16th, and 18th respectively, the full game followed on September 7th, 2010.
The story takes place in the near future, set in the same universe as other games under the Tom Clancy banner, there are multiple references to Ghost Recon and Third Echelon to help tie the games together. Players will take flight as American, British, and Russian pilots as the story progresses.
New features include take offs and landings,
from both ground bases and aircraft carriers, mid-air refueling, controllable UAVs, AC-130 gunships, and player guided missiles. The Enhanced Reality System from the original game remains as well, and allows players to pull off crazy maneuvers in thirty-two different planes.
H.A.W.X. 2 has a jump-in jump-out cooperative campaign for two to four players, as well as dog-fighting in the form of deathmatch and team deathmatch modes.
Other modes include a Free-Flight, in which no enemy planes are present and you are free to test your wings in maps unlocked during single player. During free-flight players can also practice their take-off and landing skills.
Survival mode is best described as horde mode, which pits players against waves of enemies allowing players to hone their combat skills as well as complete P.E.C. challenges.
The P.E.C. or, Persistent Elite Creation system has previously been seen in Splinter Cell: Conviction and is an evolution to the system used in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. The P.E.C. system tracks players during every mode of play and offers a leveling system and rewards players by unlocking new planes, passive damage bonuses and support powers for multiplayer. Players can also tackle P.E.C challenges for an experience point bounty. An off shoot of the Persistent Elite Creation system is the Plane Mastery System which rewards players for flying an aircraft by unlocking additional weapon load outs, skins and stat boosts for that particular aircraft.
- Mirage F1
- Saab Gripen
- Mirage IV
- Harrier GR-9
- Rafale M
- Mirage 2000-5
- OS: Windows® XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista® (Service Pack 2), Windows® 7 (SP1) (only)
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 3000 or higher (Intel® Core™2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon X2 3600 or higher recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB Windows XP (1.5 GB recommended) / 2 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Graphics: 128 MB DirectX®–compliant video card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card recommended) (See supported list*)
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0, 10.0, or 11.0 libraries
- Hard Drive: 9 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0–compliant sound card
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compliant keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)
- Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster / LAN connection
- Internet Connection: A permanent internet connection is required to play the game.