Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

Game » consists of 6 releases.

A cancelled entry in Ubisoft's tactical shooter series that would have been about an armed uprising against the US government. The game was succeeded by Rainbow Six: Siege.

You almost had me.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Boiglenoight

Watched the VGA trailer.

Disgruntled citizens moved to terrorism? I can see this happening. Targeting bankers and the financial elite that put this country and the world in jeopardy? Sounds cathartic! Dropping a hostage into a street full of ordinary citizens and setting off a bomb? You lost me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

Youve never played a real rainbow 6 game I take it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Brendan

So...are you just saying that you were into this game as far as you could sympathise with the actions of the antagonists? That's more than a little weird, but ok.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You do realize that in the Rainbow Six games, the goal is to shoot the terrorists, not sympathize, right?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MikeGosot

The bomb part was awesome. I never played a Rainbow 6 game(Only heard things about it...), so i don't know if you will play as the Bomb Guys or if i will shoot the Bomb Guys, but i don't care. If the game is as awesome as the trailer, i will buy it, and i will love it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

I am absolutely baffled by this thread.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dagbiker
    @ShaggE

I am absolutely baffled by this thread.

Whats to get the guy was ok when they where beating up bernie madoff, but when they blew up the random taxis it wasnt. And I totaly agree with him
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Boiglenoight

They just dropped a bomb on the very people they're fighting for--ordinary everyday people. If they were to drive this guy strapped with a bomb into an affluent neighborhood and then blow him up, that would make a lot more sense.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

They were making a metaphor. The rich dudes are killing us regular hard working dudes...Or I don't know.

I agree with you though. I don't see how killing the regular joe supports the message they are carrying.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By DjCmeP

I hate it when terrorist bombings don't make sense..Oh wait.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Boiglenoight: I'm pretty sure that's how revolutionary/terrorist groups work a lot of the time: harming the very people they claim to be fighting for.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ShaggE

It's not exactly unheard of for terrorists to sacrifice bystanders in order to make as big a splash as possible.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By DocHaus

I'm guessing the prequel level where you indiscriminately fire pepper spray into a crowd of nonviolent protestors before wailing on them with a nightstick wouldn't have made for good TV.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Afroman269

I wonder if the guy in the trailer was also about to get a birthday blowjob before getting kidnapped like the other guy in the first teaser trailer.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mazik765

Maybe it's because 90% of terrorists are crazy people who use a 'cause' to justify their own inhumanity?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Those taxi drivers had it coming; have you seen what the average fare is like?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

@Boiglenoight said:

They just dropped a bomb on the very people they're fighting for--ordinary everyday people. If they were to drive this guy strapped with a bomb into an affluent neighborhood and then blow him up, that would make a lot more sense.

Because no muslims died on 9/11? They just magically got away scot free apparently!

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Boiglenoight

Villains you can empathize with are much more interesting. Depicting everyday Americans who are reacting to being screwed over by the wealthy in this nonsensical way is a missed opportunity to key into the current debate about who's responsible for the economic recession, and the frustration many have about how so few have been brought to justice for fraudulent and destructive financial practices.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Ramone

@Boiglenoight said:

Dude, terrorists are opportunistic scumbags who try to use current tensions (racial, religious, economic e.t.c) to justify their horrible actions. In other words they don't give a shit who they blow up.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Boiglenoight

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Boiglenoight: I'm pretty sure that's how revolutionary/terrorist groups work a lot of the time: harming the very people they claim to be fighting for.

Yeah, sometimes. A lot of times it's reported that way, but in actuality there are groups of people killing their neighbors over ideological / religious differences (e.g. Sunni / Shiite). They live together and the proximity of an attack might affect their own people, but it's largely meant for the opposite population. For instance, a market that many Sunnis frequent is blown up by Shiite extremists. For U.S. viewers, all we tend to hear on CNN or FOX News is "islamic extremists set off an explosion in an open market today in Iraq, killing 10 and injuring scores more." Or rather, some terrorists blew up a bomb, killing in innocent people.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Boiglenoight

@Ramone said:

@Boiglenoight said:

Dude, terrorists are opportunistic scumbags who try to use current tensions (racial, religious, economic e.t.c) to justify their horrible actions. In other words they don't give a shit who they blow up.

George Washington was a terrorist in the minds of the British.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By N7

This trailer was as awesome as possible to sway you from the fact that you'll be shooting dudes nonstop and four hours later it's over.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Boiglenoight said:

@Ramone said:

@Boiglenoight said:

I don't think the word terrorist had been coined yet at that time (I could be wrong though). And when I think of terrorists, I think of people who attack civilians. So far as I know, George Washington never did that. The whole point of terrorism is to strike, well, terror into people. Totally different from freedom fighters like G. Washington.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dagbiker

@DocHaus said:

I'm guessing the prequel level where you indiscriminately fire pepper spray into a crowd of nonviolent protestors before wailing on them with a nightstick wouldn't have made for good TV.

BOOM

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Commisar123

Well Rainbow Six is pretty cool, so I'll hold off on judging it

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dagbiker

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Boiglenoight said:

@Ramone said:

@Boiglenoight said:

I don't think the word terrorist had been coined yet at that time (I could be wrong though). And when I think of terrorists, I think of people who attack civilians. So far as I know, George Washington never did that. The whole point of terrorism is to strike, well, terror into people. Totally different from freedom fighters like G. Washington.

No but he told his people to hide in the bushes and fire from prone positions, unlike the "honorable" British who marched one by one to their deaths. he was a gorilla fighter, a brute.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel
    @Dagbiker

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Boiglenoight said:

@Ramone said:

@Boiglenoight said:

No but he told his people to hide in the bushes and fire from prone positions, unlike the "honorable" British who marched one by one to their deaths. he was a gorilla fighter, a brute.

That's "guerilla." Also, Washington killed Hessians in their sleep on Christmas. Dude did not give a fuck about holidays.
    Juno500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Juno500

@MooseyMcMan said:

One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Boiglenoight

@Hailinel said:

@Dagbiker

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Boiglenoight said:

@Ramone said:

@Boiglenoight said:

That's "guerilla." Also, Washington killed Hessians in their sleep on Christmas. Dude did not give a fuck about holidays.

To be fair, they were Hessians. Case in point:

No Caption Provided
    Konanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Konanda

@Boiglenoight said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah, sometimes. A lot of times it's reported that way, but in actuality there are groups of people killing their neighbors over ideological / religious differences (e.g. Sunni / Shiite). They live together and the proximity of an attack might affect their own people, but it's largely meant for the opposite population. For instance, a market that many Sunnis frequent is blown up by Shiite extremists. For U.S. viewers, all we tend to hear on CNN or FOX News is "islamic extremists set off an explosion in an open market today in Iraq, killing 10 and injuring scores more." Or rather, some terrorists blew up a bomb, killing in innocent people.

Perspective is a funny thing. Ernesto Che Guevara for instance was an Argentinian who committed mass murder in other countries of not only the bourgeoisie but any common people who disagreed with his ideologies such as homosexuals, pop musicians, (he considered both to be immoral) and news journalists who questioned his ideals (to name a few) were either killed or thrown in jail or both. Yet despite that and many other acts of great violence the man committed he's become the hero of ignorant angsty teenagers looking to rebel against their suburban parents by buying goods with that iconic image.

It's the definition of irony and must have the man turning in his grave knowing that the same financial elite he opposed are making millions off his face.

Nothing is black and white, it's all shades of grey and something tells me that like most revolutionaries these fictional ones are of the you are either for us or against us type. And a bunch of blown up cabs in the middle of a financial district sends that message quite clearly.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By intro

I thought it was cool.

Better than the Russians are attacking from all sides with nukes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.