The Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown wiki last edited by BGoldenTLE on 04/16/17 11:57AM
View full history
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown is a squad-based first-person shooter. The game was the first in the series to exchange realism with more action-focused gameplay.
Lockdown functions like many other popular "squad-based" titles of the time, offering simple control over the AI team members with quick button presses, typically going no further than "follow me" or "hold position".
Combat allows for around eight shots to the body before a kill, a large departure from the usual cut-throat nature of the series.
Taking a cue from Metroid Prime, Lockdown is viewed as though the player was actually wearing a pair of goggles. These could crack as damage was taken, catch rain drops, and so forth.
Multiplayer in Lockdown featured the first use of the PEC system, which would go on to be used in Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, as well as Splinter Cell Conviction to a much lesser extent. The Persistent Elite Character, essentially a custom character, followed a experience based progression system before Call of Duty 4 would popularize the idea.
- Major General John Terrance Clark
- Colonel Alistair Stanley
- Team Leader - Domingo "Ding" Chavez
- Sniper - Dieter Weber
- Eddie Price
- Louis Loiselle
- Renee Raymond
- Ayana Yacoby
- Roger McAllen
- Jamal Murad
- Pak Suo-Won
- Annika Lofquist
PC System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows /2000/XP (only)
- Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III, AMD Athlon, or equivalent (1.3 GHz Pentium 4, AMD Athlon, or equivalent recommended)
- Memory: 128 MB RAM (XP users: 256 MB RAM required)
- Graphics: 32 MB DirectX 8-compliant 3D video card with hardware T&L
- DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or higher (DX9 included)
- Sound: DirectX 8.1-compliant sound card
- Hard Drive: 3 GB minimum hard drive space
- Multiplayer: Must have an Ubi.com account prior to attempting multiplayer, the in-game link to account creation no longer works. Please go to https://secure.ubi.com/login/UserInteraction.aspx