Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Rainbow Six Siege is a competitive multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Players chose from a large roster of Operators with their own weapons and abilities to win round-based attack and defend matches.

No R6 Siege on any top 10?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dc4ce7f3f5ed
    deactivated-5dc4ce7f3f5ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Did any of the staff or guest top lists even mentioned this innovative shooter?

moderator edit for people who reply but don't read the thread: It was released in 2015.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By flasaltine
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Wasn't it released in 2015? Either way I don't remember anybody but Jeff Bakalar saying much positive about it.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As others said, it's a 2015 game. Also the only people who played it were Austin and Jeff, and neither of them liked it. Jeff had a lot of misconceptions about the micro-transactions in the game - he really overstated how bad they are. I have played the game on and off since the release on PS4 and honestly saw the in-game store once after seeking it out myself after hearing Jeff talk about it on the bombcast.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Jeff also talked a lot about how the game didn't "feel" right. Jeff is always very picky about the way movement feels. To be honest, I tried the game last month and the movement made a bad first impression.

slaughts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By slaughts

I wonder if I should even revisit it. I was one of those grouchy old R6 fans that didn't like any post-Raven Shield titles and when I played this for a bit I got bored pretty quickly. However, I hear they keep making improvements to it to a degree that it may fix some of the issues I had with it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Jeff also talked a lot about how the game didn't "feel" right. Jeff is always very picky about the way movement feels. To be honest, I tried the game last month and the movement made a bad first impression.

I've tried to play it, once on a friend's PC and another time on my brother's, and it didn't feel right to me either time.

That said, the game seems to have a dedicated group of fans. My little brother plays it daily, it replaced CS: GO for him.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great game but nothing anyone on staff would be interested in. It's very slow paced and requires a lot of teamwork and communication which isn't something the GB guys look for in shooters.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ripelivejam

just curious, how it's innovative, exactly? was it that it was more of a throwback to rainbow six of yore? just seems like they cashed in on nostalgia more than anything, doesn't seem any more innovative than overwatch in that regard. fresh, maybe.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SSully

@ripelivejam said:

just curious, how it's innovative, exactly? was it that it was more of a throwback to rainbow six of yore? just seems like they cashed in on nostalgia more than anything, doesn't seem any more innovative than overwatch in that regard. fresh, maybe.

I think fresh is a good word for it. It takes round based attack/defense formula where you only get 1 life per round (used in games like Counter Strike, Socom, past rainbow games) and adds the spin of allowing the defenders to place defenses (reinforce walls, barbed wire, trip mines, etc). This, plus takes some things from MOBA's, specifically, each players picks a unique hero who has specific weapons and special abilities that only they have access to(sheilds, sledge hammer for breaking down falls, shock drone, etc). It's a really solid game, that executes well on some fresh ideas.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: yeah it sounds really well made, but it was more resurrecting ideas that have fallen by the wayside. in any case it seems way too insurmountable for me; i have a coworker who plays but he'd probably just get pissed off with me. would rather ease back into overwatch first myself, but it's cool games like this exist nowadays.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: I would say it's use of destructable environments is innovative. It's actually meaningful and crucial to matches and a game can be decided by a single bullet hole in a wall. As opposed to something like Battlefield where destructable environments are more about spectacle than actual function

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the destruction turns this into the ultimate game of hide and seek and the roster of different characters/abilities creates some awesome asymmetric combat. I love the way it controls with the lean binded to the sticks on gamepad and the character movement in general.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WynnDuffy

I usually clown on Ubisoft's poor treatment of the Tom Clancy games, with Siege they have kept the shooting feeling like some of the older games and the movement especially reminds me of Rainbow Six 3.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Rainbow Six: Siege are both unexpectedly superb. Now where's the good Ghost Recon game we are long overdue?

For people that didn't play Blacklist, you should give it a try. It's very Chaos Theory, they put all the good stuff back into the game that was removed with Conviction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.