Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Rainbow Six Siege is a competitive multiplayer first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Players chose from a large roster of Operators with their own weapons and abilities to win round-based attack and defend matches.

Ubi promises another year of support

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Rainbow Six Siege has apparently been a big success for Ubisoft this year. I've noticed it charting pretty high on Twitch, Steam, XBL etc. which isn’t a bad metric for judging a multiplayer community’s health. During their pro league finals this weekend, Ubisoft revealed the final piece of DLC for 2016 (Operation Red Crow) as well as announcing another full year of dev support for the game.

I’m one of those people who didn’t pick Siege up until one of the numerous free weekends, but it didn’t take long for me to fall in love with its unique tactical brilliance. I'd like to invest more into multiplayer, but there have simply been too many good shooters this year and not enough time. I hope they show Terrorist Hunt some more love, and that more developers follow in their example with post-launch support.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Played a load of this when it came out, all the free maps that have been released since I last played has tempted our group to jump back in when Red Crow is out this week.

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By betterley

But, is it better than Titanfall?

That tis' the question.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a fair amount of this a few months ago, It's pretty decent if you've got friends to play with. If not expect to be shot in the head by your team over and over for whatever reason.

Also the classes they keep adding seem cool but OP as hell. (and expensive)

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betterley: As someone who plays and enjoys both. I think I can say Titanfall is better. But maybe that has to do with the newness of Titanfall compared to Rainbow Six as I've sunk like a hundred or more hours into R6.

There's room for them both in my mind as they sit at opposite ends of the spectrum. Titanfall is very fast paced while to be successful in Rainbow Six, you need to be much slower and methodical in your play.

Again, both are very good games though.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

@dharmabum: I agree with the terrorist hunt thing. I never got fully into rainbow six competitive, but I spent countless hours in terrorist hunts since the older games.

MalibuProfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MalibuProfen

I finally gave this game a go during the free weekend, somehow playing it for 18 hours within that short time span according to Steam. The game is as great as I had imagined a year ago but due to budget constraints I didn't pick it up then. Currently pondering whether or not to buy it off the sale and leave my backlog of single player games waiting for even longer.

It's pretty promising to look at SteamDB that the game has apparently gained tons of new players during and after the weekend - currently sitting at 22,000 concurrent players while a week ago that number was (still very good after nearly a year) at 11,000.

The dichotomy of the tactical and deliberate pace of the early game versus the sudden burst(s) of adrenaline, explosives and ammo during the execution phase within each round is so well realized. Even after having their character killed the player can often remain useful to their team usually with the images given by the security cameras or drones; being able to communicate the enemy locations and/or movement. Really nice design.

Yea, after writing about it for a bit I'm jonesing for some more.

VeggiesBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malibuprofen: I feel like the game has been gaining popularity over the past year. It really is quite unique in the saturated market of FPS for the reasons you bring up.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Good. Great game that's unfortunately overlooked. There's really nothing else like it on the market right now.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huntad: Yeah, T-Hunt was a great way to learn the maps before hopping into the real multiplayer, but once you've played a few matches you kinda get the gist of what the AI has to offer. I guess that was true of the Vegas games, too.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Hmm if people are still playing the PS4 version (?), I may pick this up on Black Friday for cheap.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbullet685: ps4 is still going strong. I dipped out to play bf1, but had a huge group. I picked it up day one, but ended up playing more in the past two months than ever before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As an avid player, I'm happy to hear this. There really isn't anything like RB6 Siege on the market right now, save for maybe Counter-Strike GO.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have a coworker or two who seems to play a lot of this. looks like it'd only be fun with a crew to roll with. i would inadvertently piss off many randos if i played it on my lonesome.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DharmaBum

Here's a trailer for the Red Crow DLC.

Loading Video...

2 new operators as usual + new Skyscraper map. Barlett University PvP is supposed to be coming soon I think. http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/redcrow/index.aspx

If anyone plays on Xbox I made an LFG post in the Unofficial Classic group for Thursday night.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That tis' the question.

Yes, without a doubt and its not even close.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224 said:
    @betterley said:

That tis' the question.

Yes, without a doubt and its not even close.

It's not as good as Unreal Tournament or Duck Hunt though.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@betterley: It's also a very different game. Hard to compare to the two since it'll come down to preference.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

It's not as good as Unreal Tournament or Duck Hunt though.

What is?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.