Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Are the SC books any good?

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twiggy199

I've been thinking about buying one of the Splinter Cell books for a while now and i just wanted to know if any of you guys have read the books, and if so, what did you make of them?

EDIT: oh and if you had any other book suggestions that games have bee based on, that would be great!
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Venatio

I also have a question, knowing Ubisoft's reputation with Clancy games, do they have anything at all to do with the games? Is there a Sam Fischer? Third Eschelon? Does he have a daughter named Sarah?

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Venatio
    @UnsavedHero said:
    " I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well. "
    Well that's not quite the same thing, in the case of Splinter Cell the books came first
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twiggy199

In the books do you get a sense of the Sam Fisher thats portrayed in the games?

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twiggy199

Are the books about missions, his personal life, what?

blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blueduck
    @Venatio said:
    " @UnsavedHero said:
    " I've read the first two books and was actually entertained. I haven't gotten around to reading the others though. As bad as it's going to sound, I've also read some of the Halo books and liked those as well. "
    Well that's not quite the same thing, in the case of Splinter Cell the books came first "
    No, I believe the first one was written in 2004 where as the first halo book was written in 2001.
    TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

From what I remember, (it's been awhile) it's a mixture of both. But, the author did capture Fisher pretty well.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Twiggy199

How come David Michaels never got a mention in the video games and why does Tom Clancy get all the credit?

EDIT: Oh did the books com out after the original game?
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Twiggy199

Read it, AMAZING!! 5/5

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Creigz

The splinter cell books are pretty cool, they cover a more in depth timeline of Sam's exploits. I only read the first one that came out but it was pretty good. The books did come out after the original game. They even cover little things in em like an interesting noiseless alarm system for Sam to sleep while he's on missions and be awake in time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.