Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Contemplating Pre-order...

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rockdalf

I dunno, looks good, Demo is sounds but I'm afraid of committing.  I can honestly say I've never played a lot of other SC games, but I've enjoyed the demo so far.  I just honestly don't think I'll like the multiplayer (or lack there-of).

Anyone have anything to add that might sell me or cause me to wait it out?  I don't think I'm going to pre-order until I hear how the game is doing...

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By killer_meatballs

I've never played any of the SC games myself, and haven't played the demo  yet, but I pre-ordered it.   I saw a lot of game play of it on X Play, and I was hooked.  Looks like a very cool game. 
    They said there is multi-player though, if I'm not mistaken.  They showed a 1-1 match, where it is spy vs spy, with some enemy AI thrown in going after both of you.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ArchScabby
    @killer_meatballs said:
    " I've never played any of the SC games myself, and haven't played the demo  yet, but I pre-ordered it.   I saw a lot of game play of it on X Play, and I was hooked.  Looks like a very cool game.  They said there is multi-player though, if I'm not mistaken.  They showed a 1-1 match, where it is spy vs spy, with some enemy AI thrown in going after both of you. "
    This all sounds like a horrible idea on your part.
    mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mesklinite
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By killer_meatballs

I've  bought many a game without playing the demo first.  Hell,  pretty much all the games I've bought, I never played the demo, come to think of it.  So, not sure what you're talking about.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By bobcat1794

Pre order because you get a free silenced shotgun if you do and theres more than just the multiplayer campaign theres also deniable ops which looks very fun especially if someone you know is getting the game too

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

It's a big-name Ubisoft game. It'll be $40 in two weeks, no joke. Same thing happened with both Assassin's Creeds and Prince of Persia.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bobcat1794
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " It's a big-name Ubisoft game. It'll be $40 in two weeks, no joke. Same thing happened with both Assassin's Creeds and Prince of Persia. "
    i not sure about that two weeks seems a little too fast to go down to 40 bucks
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentofChaos
    @bobcat1794 said:
    " @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " It's a big-name Ubisoft game. It'll be $40 in two weeks, no joke. Same thing happened with both Assassin's Creeds and Prince of Persia. "
    i not sure about that two weeks seems a little too fast to go down to 40 bucks "
    I bought Assassins Creed II for 40 bucks on amazon less than a month after release.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordering games is usually not worth it. It seems pointless. Just wait for a price drop. One less gun that most people won't have anyways isn't gonna kill you.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran

It's five bucks... if you don't want to get it move the 5 bucks to something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.